Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Bob Dylan announces European tour autumn 2013
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 13, 2013 19:47

StonesTod
Silver Dagger
StonesTod
i was as big a dylan fan as there was for decades, but i jumped off the dylan fan wagon a few years ago when he got old and boring. his live show is tough to suffer through anymore. what happened to my bobby?????

StonesTod - stand back and take cover. I fear you may just have initiated a major shitstorm.

i doubt it. most knowledgable longtime fans agree with me.

You're right on this one. Love me some Bob, but instead of going to one of his mailed-in contemporary shows I'll just slip on Blonde On Blonde or Blood On The Tracks. Why does he bother to do it anymore? he doesn't seem to give a crap for the audience and his voice is completely gone.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 13, 2013 20:08

Torres
StonesTod
dcba
2011 was indeed dreadful but Bobby improved this year!

the act has gotten stale. the appeal of bob for decades was the wonder of what he'd do next - he was restless and constantly reinventing himself. he's a bore now. very sad.

It's Bob Dylan, who cares how the act is nowadays? The man alone is one of the most important living icons of the 20th century. This is like saying "I don't like the later works of Picasso. They're boring".

is picasso on tour again?

Date: June 13, 2013 20:09

71Tele
StonesTod
Silver Dagger
StonesTod
i was as big a dylan fan as there was for decades, but i jumped off the dylan fan wagon a few years ago when he got old and boring. his live show is tough to suffer through anymore. what happened to my bobby?????

StonesTod - stand back and take cover. I fear you may just have initiated a major shitstorm.

i doubt it. most knowledgable longtime fans agree with me.

You're right on this one. Love me some Bob, but instead of going to one of his mailed-in contemporary shows I'll just slip on Blonde On Blonde or Blood On The Tracks. Why does he bother to do it anymore? he doesn't seem to give a crap for the audience and his voice is completely gone.

i was trying to be gentle about it. (there's some sensitive folks on this site, you know).

Re: OT : Bob Dylan announces European tour autumn 2013
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 13, 2013 20:29

His voice is a problem, but he still is a great performer, I will try to go to a concert.

Date: June 13, 2013 20:53

windmelody
His voice is a problem, but he still is a great performer, I will try to go to a concert.

How, exactly, is he a great performer? The last time I saw him he hid behind a keyboard and mumbled for two hours, doing a fairly good imitation of wax museum Bob.

I am a true fan, not one of those "I don't like his voice" people. I love Bob. Bob is the best. The Freewhelin' Bob. the Electric "Judas" Bob, even the Jesus Bob. I love 'em all. But I don't understand why he needs to keep going out across the world year after year disappointing people. Can't he take up knitting or something?

Date: June 13, 2013 20:56

71Tele
windmelody

How, exactly, is he a great performer? The last time I saw him he hid behind a keyboard and mumbled for two hours, doing a fairly good imitation of wax museum Bob.

I am a true fan, not one of those "I don't like his voice" people. I love Bob. Bob is the best. The Freewhelin' Bob. the Electric "Judas" Bob, even the Jesus Bob. I love 'em all. But I don't understand why he needs to keep going out across the world year after year disappointing people. Can't he take up knitting or something?

zactly. i'd buy some hand-knitted items from the bobster.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 13, 2013 21:03

He has a found great ways of phrasing, his band is great and he always plays thrilling arrangements. He is not ignoring his audience, he is looking for eyecontact.

Date: June 13, 2013 21:04

windmelody
He has a found great ways of phrasing, his band is great and he always plays thrilling arrangements. He is not ignoring his audience, he is looking for eyecontact.

Thank you for explaining that to me.

Date: June 13, 2013 21:07

best phrasing tour ever!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 13, 2013 21:09

windmelody

Hmmmm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-14 09:30 by Erik_Snow.

Date: June 13, 2013 21:09

StonesTod
best phrasing tour ever!

best eye-contact tour ever!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 13, 2013 21:27

Damn, skipping Finland again. This means traveling, again...

- Doxa

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: June 14, 2013 00:52

Doxa

- Doxa

Finland... Yesterday I was close to apply for a job offer in Kankaanpää. When I saw the month by month average temperatures, I gave up the idea.

Date: June 14, 2013 00:56

Torres
Doxa

- Doxa

Finland... Yesterday I was close to apply for a job offer in Kankaanpää. When I saw the month by month average temperatures, I gave up the idea.

Come on Torres, they have excellent francesinhas in Finland!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 14, 2013 00:57

Torres
Doxa

- Doxa

A good decision.

- Doxa

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 14, 2013 01:12

You tell 'em Torres!

Loyval buggers ain't they...

Imagine how fast these "fans" above will turn on the Rolling Stones soon enough.

Date: June 14, 2013 10:25

71Tele
Torres
Doxa

- Doxa

Yeah I bet! Made of salmon with frozen sauce spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It was a pity we didn't meet here. I wanted to mail you, but you have the mail hidden.

Date: June 14, 2013 11:44

Torres
71Tele
Torres
Doxa

- Doxa

Yeah I bet! Made of salmon with frozen sauce spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It was a pity we didn't meet here. I wanted to mail you, but you have the mail hidden.

I sent you an email when I was in Oporto. You didn't get it?

Date: June 14, 2013 12:06

71Tele
Torres
71Tele
Torres
Doxa

- Doxa

I sent you an email when I was in Oporto. You didn't get it?

Really? Strange, I didn't. I hope it didn't end in the spam box, together with the "Be like Ron Jeremy" and "Don't let her down again" messages. I always wonder, how do they know...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-14 12:06 by Torres.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 14, 2013 13:45

Tickets selling like hot cakes in the UK. Got mine for the Royal Albert Hall on Nov 27. Anyone else going to any of the European dates?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-14 14:28 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: June 14, 2013 13:50

You either love Bob or you don't. Last time I saw him was '91.Saw him in '85 with Petty/Heartbreakers.Can't top that.No urge to see him again.Got my records,CD's,videos and DVD's.That'll see me thru.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 14, 2013 13:55

StonesTod
best phrasing tour ever!

Phrasers on stun.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 14, 2013 13:58

Just scored tickets for both Hamburg shows smoking smiley

Last time I saw him was with Knopfler, and the most disgusting
fact was Knopfler and his clean wellness sound. When Dylan took
the stage and, well, sang, most people were shocked by "that voice".
Hundreds were leaving. They expected the same level in both
the songs and voice that Knopfler had before. Just Bob Fans there
at the end. And that was nice, but all in all a bad experience.

Ah, and this one I stole from Gazza at RocksOff once, YIKES!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-14 14:00 by TooTough.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: June 14, 2013 14:07

I saw him play in April and he was fantastic. He just tries to ignore the freaks in the front row who follow him to every show.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 14, 2013 14:11

Silver Dagger
Tickets selling like hot cakes in thew UK. Got mine for the Royal Albert Hall on Nov 27. Anyone else going to any of the European dates?

Hoping to be at all three Blackpool shows, subject to availability of tickets on the Isis/Desolation Row mailing list fan allocation (a service that Bob and his management have provided for free to his UK fanbase now for over 20 years - and which works out considerably cheaper than buying through Ticketmaster)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-14 14:12 by Gazza.

Date: June 14, 2013 14:13

Enjoy the legendary Bob Dylan with pre-show and interval hospitality in a Royal Albert Hall Room with premium Stalls seating.

Packages include:
• Pre-show standing reception in a Royal Albert Hall room through a private entrance
• Complimentary use of the cloakroom
• Beer, wine and soft drinks available
• Luxury menu of canapés and hot bowl food served among the guests
• Häagen-Dazs at the interval
• Premium Stalls seat
• Programme (if produced for the show)

£225* per person (maximum of 4 per booking)

Regardless of his voice condition, I think this is a very nice offer. I really wish I could go.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 14, 2013 14:13

lazzzybones
You either love Bob or you don't. Last time I saw him was '91.Saw him in '85 with Petty/Heartbreakers.Can't top that.No urge to see him again.Got my records,CD's,videos and DVD's.That'll see me thru.

Worst shows of his entire career. No wonder you didnt go back!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 14, 2013 14:23

Gazza
lazzzybones

I often hear, also on this board, people saying Bob sucks live in concert; and it turns out that they've only seen him in 1991...... The 1991 shows were absolutely horrible, I get the feeling he did it all in purpose. I even read that Bob was sober for many of the gigs in 1991, allthough he's sounding like his about to pass out

Date: June 14, 2013 15:21

Erik_Snow
Gazza
lazzzybones

I often hear, also on this board, people saying Bob sucks live in concert; and it turns out that they've only seen him in 1991...... The 1991 shows were absolutely horrible, I get the feeling he did it all in purpose. I even read that Bob was sober for many of the gigs in 1991, allthough he's sounding like his about to pass out

91 was bad, but at least he had a voice and the song arrangements had some life to them. can't say either of those things no more. sad.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 14, 2013 15:24

Gazza
lazzzybones
You either love Bob or you don't. Last time I saw him was '91.

Yup : only the handful of US gigs Bob gave at the very end of 1991 are worth your attention.
I saw him in 1993, it was so-so but it didn't prevent me from giving [him] another (bunch of) chance(s).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-14 16:55 by dcba.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1510
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home