Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: IORR quoting policy - please read this before you post!
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 13, 2013 22:27

Max'sKansasCity
Maybe do away them altogether, doesnt seem to be a lot of interest in them.

Did you just do away with the one you started for Boston?

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 13, 2013 22:36

This and BV's point are well taken. I'm still new to the blog and still don't contribute much, but when I do I follow the quality vs. quantity deal.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 13, 2013 22:56

Green Lady -> Personally I like the embedded videos MUCH better than the links to the videos. That's because, here at the office, my computer network won't let me go to youtube.com - something about it being out of our business scope (du'). However, if the video is embedded in the post, I can see it here at IORR even though it's originating at youtube. If it's just a link, I can't watch until I get home where I have to compete with two daughters needing the computer for school and a wife needing it for business. My Stones video fix is low on the priority list! Keep on embedding is my vote! Also, thank for all you do to keep those videos coming for all of us less savvy people around here. You & Max have been great with this.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:17

yup

Re: Quote this message
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:33

latebloomer
Wuudy
I don't want to step on anyone's toes here but why are a lot of people always quoting the previous message?
If you reply to the previous message in a post you don't have to quote it as it is pretty obvious that you are replying to the last message...
People that are the first to reply to a post quote it and people keep quoting a conversation while it is so obvious to what they are replying to. It takes up too much space and, frankly IMHO, it is annoying to read.

OK Wundy, you do have a point...but, if someone else references this message later in the thread and all they see is my answer here, then no one will know what the heck I was writing about. It works sometimes, but not always. grinning smiley

yeah,we do it so the conversation makes sense.if you answer someone and three more posts appear between yours and the one you're responding to it could make things a bit of a jumble.

i'm happy for you.if this is an actual concern of yours things must be going really well.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:33

I think Rockman is right or was it Latebloomer...or maybe it was MaxKC or Greenlady ...Wuudy what do you mean?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:35

....anyway all those quoting boxes are hard on the eyes and ya can never figure out who's saying what

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:36

I'm agree with the 3th post on the first page...........

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:38

hmmmmmm...I forgot what I was going to say. Oh yeah,.....nope, still not quite there yet

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:39

Rockman
....anyway all those quoting boxes are hard on the eyes and ya can never figure out who's saying what

it's better that way

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 14, 2013 00:10

Rockman

They are good for self hypnosis though.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 14, 2013 01:01

This post is dedicated to making a post of high value, paid to the reader on demand.

Any attempts at quoting the image in this post will be viewed as counterfeiting and will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 14, 2013 03:00

The boxes can get outa hand, but they do form those interesting geometric shapes.

Anyhow, what was the questions? I lost track...

Re: winking smileysmiling bouncing smileyRe: IORR quoting policy - please read this before you post!
Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: June 14, 2013 03:10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 17:44 by camper88.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 14, 2013 05:45

What was the question?------------------------

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 14, 2013 10:03

I really dislike the long nested replies. Here's an alternative:

>>>>I don't want to step on anyone's toes here but why are a lot of people always quoting the previous message?
If you reply to the previous message in a post you don't have to quote it as it is pretty obvious that you are replying to the last message...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 14, 2013 17:57

Wuudy
I don't want to step on anyone's toes here but why are a lot of people always quoting the previous message?
People that are the first to reply to a post quote it and people keep quoting a conversation while it is so obvious to what they are replying to. It takes up too much space and, frankly IMHO, it is annoying to read.

That is not the previous message...

What you're talking about some people do; however, as explained by others, it does help with context - sometimes even with a word highlighted in bold to make the point.

It's one thing to use language that technically doesn't make sense, like pre-recorded tracks when in fact they are recorded tracks and pre-recorded means BEFORE RECORDING or "I pre-ordered it" when in fact you actually ORDERED it... but no one ever started a thread about that.

Date: June 14, 2013 18:07

How do I reply to future messages?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 14, 2013 18:28

GasLightStreet
Wuudy

That is not the previous message...

What you're talking about some people do; however, as explained by others, it does help with context - sometimes even with a word highlighted in bold to make the point.

It's one thing to use language that technically doesn't make sense, like pre-recorded tracks when in fact they are recorded tracks and pre-recorded means BEFORE RECORDING or "I pre-ordered it" when in fact you actually ORDERED it... but no one ever started a thread about that.

Oh, please start one!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 14, 2013 19:30

Schillid, beautifully done.

A friend of mine who's on a Dylan site told me he viewed IORR on a night when there was a lot of that going on...and said, "those characters must be on heavy meds."

Date: June 14, 2013 19:37

Rockman

and I've been "misquoted" by "Rockman" so many times, that's why I use the format.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:12

Wuudy

Who put you in charge?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 14, 2013 21:15

Don't Knock The Rock.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 14, 2013 21:52

stonesrule

A friend of mine who's on a Dylan site told me he viewed IORR on a night when there was a lot of that going on...and said, "those characters must be on heavy meds."

Yes, it is. Thank you for immortalizing my quote schillid, I feel special!

Date: June 14, 2013 22:24

Bliss
I really dislike the long nested replies. Here's an alternative:

>>>>I don't want to step on anyone's toes here but why are a lot of people always quoting the previous message?

True, but sometimes two or three people have replied before you. Of course, you can go back and edit after that, but... smiling smiley

Date: June 14, 2013 22:27

i'm rooting for quantity. Give me a Q! give me a U! and so forth.....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2013 22:29

StonesTod

At great personal risk, I just wanted to quote you on this.

Date: June 14, 2013 22:33

treaclefingers
StonesTod

At great personal risk, I just wanted to quote you on this.

accessory after the fact, jack....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2013 22:38

you sir, are pushing the envelope.

Date: June 14, 2013 22:57

stonesrule

Alcohol I think.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home