Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Brad Paisley in Philly with Stones
Posted by: paulm ()
Date: June 12, 2013 21:58

Some of you should probably get educated about country music, considering your supposed favorite rock band is heavily influenced by the genre.

I like all the guest country picks by the Stones. Keep 'em coming. More is better.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 12, 2013 22:02

paulm
Some of you should probably get educated about country music, considering your supposed favorite rock band is heavily influenced by the genre.

I like all the guest country picks by the Stones. Keep 'em coming. More is better.

Country music is Hank Williams, George Jones, Ernest Tubb, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn and Tammy Wynette. I don't need no more educatin' than that.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 12, 2013 22:03

71Tele
paulm

Country music is Hank Williams, George Jones, Ernest Tubb, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn and Tammy Wynette. I don't need no more educatin' than that.

you need you some learnin' about how to talk country talk

Date: June 12, 2013 22:06

StonesTod
71Tele
paulm

Seriously, most contemporary Nashville country is guys with big hats playing recycled Chuck Berry rhythm guitar riffs. Hank is rolling over in his grave.

Date: June 12, 2013 22:07

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
paulm

Seriously, most contemporary Nashville country is guys with big hats playing recycled Chuck Berry rhythm guitar riffs. Hank is rolling over in his grave.

don't know nothing about that, but down here bob wills is still the king...

Re: Brad Paisley in Philly June 18 with the Rolling Stones
Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 12, 2013 22:12

There is some pretty cool stuff going on in Nashville at the moment, people are starting to realize that country has become a bit of a parody of itself. The standard of musicianship in that town is higher than ever for session players, its just a shame to see so much of the music that ends up on the radio being absolute crap.

Date: June 12, 2013 22:24

erbissell
There is some pretty cool stuff going on in Nashville at the moment, people are starting to realize that country has become a bit of a parody of itself. The standard of musicianship in that town is higher than ever for session players, its just a shame to see so much of the music that ends up on the radio being absolute crap.

Well, there have been people like Lucinda Williams for a long time, but if you don't adhere to the "I'm patriotic and I like beer" formula you are pretty much ignored by "country" radio.

Date: June 12, 2013 22:25

StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
paulm

Not to put too fine a point on it Tod, but wasn't Bob Wills considered Western Swing?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 12, 2013 22:26

71Tele
paulm

hee haw was country music too..

thats where I learned about it.

Posted by: mpmternst ()
Date: June 12, 2013 22:29

Date: June 12, 2013 22:35

he kind of plays like too many notes.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 12, 2013 22:52

There's so much more than the usual 'cool' suspects (Cash, Nelson, Jones, Jennings, Williams, Kristofferson, Haggard, Harris).

Check out George Strait (the greatest!), Dwight Yoakam, Randy Travis, Clint Black, Don Williams, Alan Jackson, Jamey Johnson, Jim Lauderdale, Dolly Parton. They're not as cool, but they're just as good. Even Garth Brooks is worth checking out. Kacey Musgraves sounds promising!
Don't look at the name (or the hat), listen to the music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 22:53 by BowieStone.

Date: June 12, 2013 22:53

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
paulm

Not to put too fine a point on it Tod, but wasn't Bob Wills considered Western Swing?

bob did both kinds of music, country AND western....

Re: Brad Paisley guest in Philadelphia June 18
Date: June 12, 2013 22:54

bye bye johnny
The Rolling Stones will be joined by the incredible @BradPaisley in Philly on June 18! What song do you think he'll play on?

[twitter.com]

O2 Arena, London - August 17,2011 / Photo by Ben Enos

Dead Flowers for sure.

Date: June 12, 2013 22:54

BowieStone
There's so much more than the usual 'cool' suspects (Cash, Nelson, Jones, Jennings, Williams, Kristofferson, Haggard, Harris).

Check out George Strait (the greatest!), Dwight Yoakam, Randy Travis, Clint Black, Don Williams, Alan Jackson, Jamey Johnson, Jim Lauderdale, Dolly Parton. They're not as cool, but they're just as good. Even Garth Brooks is worth checking out. Kacey Musgraves sounds promising!
Don't look at the name (or the hat), listen to the music.

I don't reckon Randy Travis has done himself much good lately..

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 12, 2013 23:01

hbwriter
the next special guest

Brad Paisley in Philly June 18 with the Rolling Stones

Boring music by a boring guy wearing a cowboy hat.

Date: June 12, 2013 23:02

StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
paulm

If he didn't do that annoying "ahh-hah" thing on every song I would enjoy him more. Come to think of it, Mick Jagger should adopt that affectation.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: June 12, 2013 23:05

True country ain't Ernest Tubb anymore, but obviously some know nothing about it if they think Brad Paisley is playing recycled Chuck Berry licks. Can't help ya if you don't know...even beyond that I find acts like Toby Keith more entertaining than listening to Hank, not to mention modern greats like the Kentucky bluegrass of Patty Loveless. Heck I even like Jason Aldean. And even though she's not country, I like Taylor Swift.

Many artists are part country, including the beloved Rolling Stones. But don't tell that to fist pump Bic lighter fan. Guitar players who don't even know Stones' history can discern pedal steel bends that are all over the place in RW and Keith's playing, not to mention double stops. I won't even begin to list the country influences in post '68 Stones songs. Suffice to say it's lots.

Of course country had to evolve just like everything evolves. Much of country is hokey cr@p, but I even like that more (for humor) than modern "rock" music, which imo died after Guns and Roses.

I like modern country music and modern players. Good thing the Stones do too. Bring on Brad, who btw is about as "authentic" country (meaning where he's from, playing state fairs growing up, etc.) as anything you'll get today.

Watch Keith and Ronnie's reaction to Brad's playing on stage, then report back here. Don't say I didn't tell ya.

Date: June 12, 2013 23:09

paulm
True country ain't Ernest Tubb anymore, but obviously some know nothing about it if they think Brad Paisley is playing recycled Chuck Berry licks. Can't help ya if you don't know...even beyond that I find acts like Toby Keith more entertaining than listening to Hank, not to mention modern greats like the Kentucky bluegrass of Patty Loveless. Heck I even like Jason Aldean. And even though she's not country, I like Taylor Swift.

Many artists are part country, including the beloved Rolling Stones. But don't tell that to fist pump Bic lighter fan. Guitar players who don't even know Stones' history can discern pedal steel bends that are all over the place in RW and Keith's playing, not to mention double stops. I won't even begin to list the country influences in post '68 Stones songs. Suffice to say it's lots.

Of course country had to evolve just like everything evolves. Much of country is hokey cr@p, but I even like that more (for humor) than modern "rock" music, which imo died after Guns and Roses.

I like modern country music and modern players. Good thing the Stones do too. Bring on Brad, who btw is about as "authentic" country (meaning where he's from, playing state fairs growing up, etc.) as anything you'll get today.

Watch Keith and Ronnie's reaction to Brad's playing on stage, then report back here. Don't say I didn't tell ya.

I didn't say Brad Paisley was playing recycled Chuck riffs.

I meant the contemporary country formula includes guitar that sounds like recycled rock. Because it's true. Evolves or "devolves"?

Brad Paisley Special Guest In Philly Night #1
Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: June 13, 2013 06:35

Wonder when the new "Special Guest" Live CD will be released and will it go to #1? Thought on that and Brad Paisley being the guest....

Re: Brad Paisley Special Guest In Philly Night #1
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 13, 2013 14:35

Is this live cd still a rumour made up here on iorr or is there any source that hascconfirmed this?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Re: Brad Paisley Special Guest In Philly Night #1
Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 13, 2013 14:39

confused smiley

Posted by: 84pk ()
Date: June 14, 2013 03:40

Country honk on the 18th

Now I'm thinking the 21st will be the show that blows the roof off in Philly!!!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 14, 2013 04:48

Blue turns to grey

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: June 14, 2013 08:02

So he's the "incredible" Brad Paisley?

Let's all calm down with the praise for this good ol' boy.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 14, 2013 14:52

StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
paulm

At Bobs Country Bunker? How could a Tejan forget Willie and Waylon....list over. Brad Paisley is a hot shot guitarist playing pop music with a hat on. Close, but no Gary Clark Jr.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 14, 2013 16:15

Fabulous player! Mind boggling technique, but that does not hinder in his case -great taste in tone and playing.

His music might not be of my taste always, but a great player nonetheless.

Mathijs

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2830
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home