Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith makes fun of Ron's sobriety
Date: June 12, 2013 13:01

It's just typical Keith (and Stones) jargon, formed by a journalist to fit his angle.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 12, 2013 14:33

The journalist by bringing up Ronnie 's remark on Keith's drinking on the last tour automatically (knowing Keith's temper) put Keith in an attacking mood. If Ronnie talked shit, Keith is just going to answer back that same shit to Ronnie; kind of fair game.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: June 12, 2013 14:59

DandelionPowderman
greenriver
Ronnie recorded a great album "I feel like playing" because he was sober. Perhaps between to rehabs but sober to do it. About Keith, he needs you as he is himself. If he drinks, a sober ronnie doesn't interest him. The 2007 tour was catastrophic. Thanks to Ronne to have saved the shows. Where is the Keith's work. Ronnie is currently the best songwriter of them. Let's do him writing some songs if the band must record something.

Do you really think the world is THIS black and white?

Firstly, when Ronnie's album was RELEASED, he was sober.

It was a good album indeed, though.

Secondly, there is a huge difference between Keith right after the fall, and Keith today. As you know, he has written material with Steve Jordan, and they're playing one of his songs on tour right now.

Ronnie has always been on par with the Glimmers as a song writer, imo.
20 years after Main Offender we know (except for Hurricane) only 1 solo song written by Keith and truly the song is bullshit, just the same intro and tralalala... Bad song because when you hear Mick singing, immediatley in your mind you try to put Keith voice and it should be better. Better because it's Keith style but that stays a bad song, nothing new! I love the stones but when the well has dried up, it's over. I don't know if I'll still see them in Europe. It's not important.

Date: June 12, 2013 15:08

greenriver
DandelionPowderman
greenriver
Ronnie recorded a great album "I feel like playing" because he was sober. Perhaps between to rehabs but sober to do it. About Keith, he needs you as he is himself. If he drinks, a sober ronnie doesn't interest him. The 2007 tour was catastrophic. Thanks to Ronne to have saved the shows. Where is the Keith's work. Ronnie is currently the best songwriter of them. Let's do him writing some songs if the band must record something.

Secondly, there is a huge difference between Keith right after the fall, and Keith today. As you know, he has written material with Steve Jordan, and they're playing one of his songs on tour right now.

20 years after Main Offender we know (except for Hurricane) only 1 solo song written by Keith and truly the song is bullshit, just the same intro and tralalala... Bad song because when you hear Mick singing, immediatley in your mind you try to put Keith voice and it should be better. Better because it's Keith style but that stays a bad song, nothing new! I love the stones but when the well has dried up, it's over. I don't know if I'll still see them in Europe. It's not important.

That's wrong, as posters here/Shidoobee have witnessed (by listening only, I believe?) Keith playing through the material for his supposedly coming solo album. The reports from that session were great.

That's one thing. Another is that Keith's songs for VL, B2B, 40L and ABB are great (ok, maybe Losing My Touch is the exception), or good at worst. Most of them were written by him, the VL and B2B-songs he sings on in particular.

But I agree, the muse seems to be hiding. Might be found now, though, during the recording sessions with Jordan. I like OMS myself, it's a good little rocker - not below the standard of recent Stones rockers.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: June 12, 2013 15:14

From4tilLate
"I hate all this idea of rehab and giving stuff up because it just means you're hung up on it." Uh, yeah, Keith. That is exactly what it means. Your point?

That's exactly what I was gonna post. Keith may have been a total hedonist for decades but I've never believed he was an alcoholic and this comments proves he has no understanding of alcoholism at all.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 12, 2013 15:22

greenriver

20 years after Main Offender we know (except for Hurricane) only 1 solo song written by Keith and truly the song is bullshit, just the same intro and tralalala... Bad song because when you hear Mick singing, immediatley in your mind you try to put Keith voice and it should be better. Better because it's Keith style but that stays a bad song, nothing new!

If Keith sang "One More Shot" it would have a few more "babies" in there. The song is a Keith smorgasbord with "Street Fighting Man", "Take It So Hard", and, most notably "Little T & A" with "put me in correction for my own protection" substituted for "bitch keeps bitchin', snitcher keeps snitchin'", etc.

Personally (and perhaps selfishly) I find it very difficult to socialize with people who are making a concerted effort to be sober. I respect their decision but why should I feel guilty if I imbibe when they are around? I once had someone chastise me for going to the men's room and leaving my beer unattended on the table he was also sitting at. Like I was the devil tempting him to fall.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 12, 2013 15:27

Gazza

In fairness, contact music never seem to interview anyone directly. They have a shocking habit of cherrypicking quotes from other sources, taking them completely out of context and over sensationalising them with dramatic headlines for attention.

An utterly useless media source.

Works for them (and their advertising), though, doesn't it? Two pages of comments on this non-story already.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: June 12, 2013 15:45

DandelionPowderman
greenriver
DandelionPowderman
greenriver

That's wrong, as posters here/Shidoobee have witnessed (by listening only, I believe?) Keith playing through the material for his supposedly coming solo album. The reports from that session were great.

That's one thing. Another is that Keith's songs for VL, B2B, 40L and ABB are great (ok, maybe Losing My Touch is the exception), or good at worst. Most of them were written by him, the VL and B2B-songs he sings on in particular.

But I agree, the muse seems to be hiding. Might be found now, though, during the recording sessions with Jordan. I like OMS myself, it's a good little rocker - not below the standard of recent Stones rockers.
I agree about stones work but about solo we can't say it is wonderful...

Date: June 12, 2013 15:52

greenriver
DandelionPowderman
greenriver
DandelionPowderman
greenriver

I agree about stones work but about solo we can't say it is wonderful...

We'll know one day smiling smiley

Apart from the last 6 years, in fairness, Keith has toured quite a bit with the Stones, and probably haven't even thought of making music as a solo artist - until a couple of years ago...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 16:41

That article was ridiculous. Total hatchet job of using quotes out of context to form what looks like a controversial drama to sell papers.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 12, 2013 23:59

Here's a different bit of that mysterious Men's Journal article getting quoted - but the full interview still remains invisible. Has anybody seen a copy of it?

[entertainment.ca.msn.com]

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 13, 2013 01:02

Green Lady
Here's a different bit of that mysterious Men's Journal article getting quoted - but the full interview still remains invisible. Has anybody seen a copy of it?

[entertainment.ca.msn.com]

Here's the link to the online version of the magazine, but I can't find the Keith interview anywhere.

[www.mensjournal.com]

Not even when I type "Keith Richards" into the Search box. It must only be in the print version.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 14, 2013 02:51

Munichhilton
Gazza
GravityBoy
HOw many different kinds of arse can Keith be?

In fairness, contact music never seem to interview anyone directly. They have a shocking habit of cherrypicking quotes from other sources, taking them completely out of context and over sensationalising them with dramatic headlines for attention.

An utterly useless media source.

Thank you. Clarity is a rarity...

So, what exactly is "out of context" then? It was entirely believable, given the things Keith says, that he WOULD say something like this. And, seemingly, as it turns out, the merits of ContactMedia aside, he did -- once again.

In fairness though, I have to add, the interview is a bit of relief compared to some of Keith's others over the last 30 years. (and counting)

<< Has there been damage done?
I've never felt that it affected the way I played one way or another; if I stayed up I got a few more songs out of it. It's like Churchill said about alcohol, "Believe me – I've taken a lot more out of alcohol than it's ever taken out of me!" And I kind of feel the same way about the dope and stuff. I got something out of it. Might've pissed off a lot of people!
Now it's just a little weed, a little wine?
Yeah, exactly. I hate all this idea of rehab and giving stuff up because it just means you're hung up on it. It just means, "OK, I'm drinking too much – I'll cut down."
Ronnie Wood's been to a lot of rehabs.
Ronnie loves drama. He loves to talk to people he doesn't know. "I can't wait to hear your story!" That's not my idea of an audience. >>

Read more: [www.mensjournal.com]
Follow us: @mensjournal on Twitter | MensJournal on Facebook

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 14, 2013 02:57

I wish Keith would just stop talking badly of people. I love the guy but he is doing himself no favors.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 14, 2013 03:01

Keith could have really shown him up by breaking out the spoon & syringe. LOL.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home