Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones MUST play Fingerprint File now that the FBI is keepin' papers on ALL of us!
Posted by: wopperla ()
Date: June 11, 2013 04:04

Okay, Gang.

Now that the word has leaked out that the US government has been takin' pictures of everyone's texts and cell phone calls on the Ultraviolet light, it's time for teh Stones to acknowledge their prediction of the future back in 1974 by playing Fingerprint File!

Re: Stones MUST play Fingerprint File now that the FBI is keepin' papers on ALL of us!
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: June 11, 2013 04:16

Brilliant idea - always loved the track, specially on LYL!!!

Re: Stones MUST play Fingerprint File now that the FBI is keepin' papers on ALL of us!
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 11, 2013 05:30

.....and even with all the Daryl hate, at least they have a bass player who could handle it.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 06:23

Before those pictures leak and you guys get all judgey I just want to say that I was young and needed the money.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 11, 2013 09:02

That is a hilariously great idea. It does fit so well, and its just funny they have a song that works for the occasion, so if they were a more adventurous band it would be a no brainer. Since they aren't though, I'll make it even more unrealistic. Here's what they should do:

Tell Bill they want to start playing this and say "listen, we'll fly you out, do everything. But this is a bass heavy song and it would be really great if you came out for this." Obviously if he were to say yes, he'd get the Mick Taylor treatment and subsequently follow them on tour while he's already here and get some more songs. Would be such a funny and great way to get Bill involved, and then keep him.

Or, since Bill didn't actually play bass on the original recording, you should have Mick Taylor come out, who did do the original, and have him play it, which would be hysterical and awesome all at the same time.

OR, when everyone says no, you have Daryl do it, because even though he gets a lot of shit because he's "not Bill", he's a hell of a bass player and really does get the job done well. This would be a great spotlight for him and it would be cool to see him get front and center for once and even more awesome because he would totally kill this part. That would just be a cool sight to see.

Either way, this song should get played and in one of the scenarios mentioned.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 11, 2013 09:06

RollingFreak
That is a hilariously great idea. It does fit so well, and its just funny they have a song that works for the occasion, so if they were a more adventurous band it would be a no brainer. Since they aren't though, I'll make it even more unrealistic. Here's what they should do:

Tell Bill they want to start playing this and say "listen, we'll fly you out, do everything. But this is a bass heavy song and it would be really great if you came out for this." Obviously if he were to say yes, he'd get the Mick Taylor treatment and subsequently follow them on tour while he's already here and get some more songs. Would be such a funny and great way to get Bill involved, and then keep him.

Or, since Bill didn't actually play bass on the original recording, you should have Mick Taylor come out, who did do the original, and have him play it, which would be hysterical and awesome all at the same time.

OR, when everyone says no, you have Daryl do it, because even though he gets a lot of shit because he's "not Bill", he's a hell of a bass player and really does get the job done well. This would be a great spotlight for him and it would be cool to see him get front and center for once and even more awesome because he would totally kill this part. That would just be a cool sight to see.

Mick Taylor plays bass on the studio version I believe

Date: June 11, 2013 09:10

sonomastone
RollingFreak

And Ronnie plays bass live....I believe Bill is credited as "dancing"

Date: June 11, 2013 09:13

Thrylan
sonomastone
RollingFreak

And Ronnie plays bass live....I believe Bill is credited as "dancing"

Or is it "leering"

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 11, 2013 09:15

sonomastone
RollingFreak

I pretty clearly said Taylor did bass on the original studio recording.

Date: June 11, 2013 09:17

RollingFreak
sonomastone
RollingFreak

I pretty clearly said Taylor did bass on the original studio recording.

Yep... My bad. Now I get the joke. :-)

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 11, 2013 09:33

Yes, "Fingeprint File" could be soundtrack of a comment about the current US goverment policy. And also:

"Street Fighting Man" - as for what happens today in Turkey and maybe tomorrow in the Southern Europe.

"Lies"- as a comment on many "official explanations" about the global financial and social crisis.

Some lyrics from "Rock And The Hard Place" as general comment on the post - Cold War Era ("this talk of freedom...", etc, etc)

Etc, etc...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 11, 2013 16:24

laertisflash
Yes, "Fingeprint File" could be soundtrack of a comment about the current US goverment policy. And also:

"Street Fighting Man" - as for what happens today in Turkey and maybe tomorrow in the Southern Europe.

"Lies"- as a comment on many "official explanations" about the global financial and social crisis.

Some lyrics from "Rock And The Hard Place" as general comment on the post - Cold War Era ("this talk of freedom...", etc, etc)

Etc, etc...

On the other hand, the song Some Girls is applicable across cultures and times.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 16:28

they must do this...they must do that...

The Rolling Stones must do what we want!!!

Poor Mick and poor Keith... you can't always give what we want

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 11, 2013 16:50

"...and there's some little jerk at the fbi..."

"...keep it undercover, keep it all out of sight..."

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 17:03

They will already play Gimme Shelter for Ed Snowden.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 11, 2013 17:04

we're watching this thread.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 11, 2013 18:03

Edward Snowden can be the guest. smiling smiley

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 11, 2013 18:52

Would be cool to hear them play this and put some political relavence back into their perfromacne as they did so ling ago. But When the Stones had a chance to play "Sweet Neo Con" when it was relavent they didn't so one wonders...

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 11, 2013 20:12

One thing that always bothered me about the song is the chorus, "It Gets Me Down" (or actually "Dow-ow-ow-ow-ow-own!). It's really a drag... hardly the stuff of a great singalong. The Stones don't just sound paranoid, they sound defeated!

In my opinion, the song would have worked better if that line had been changed to "It's All Around..." (stretched out in the same way). That even sounds more paranoid than the original, and yet not as bummed out. If he had sung that, and then saved the line "It gets me DOWN!" to just one time, where it's punched before the break, it would have been much more effective.

The song is close to being a classic, it just came up a little short.

Look at me, editing the Stones. What conceit.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: June 12, 2013 11:43

ChrisM
Would be cool to hear them play this and put some political relavence back into their perfromacne as they did so ling ago. But When the Stones had a chance to play "Sweet Neo Con" when it was relavent they didn't so one wonders...

FINGERPRINT FILE is great ! I love that track. It would be great if they would play that live, and heroes like Edward Snowden deserve support, "Sweet Neo Con" was interesting and cool track, great lyrics but I think Stones are afraid to express their opinions, cause it's a big biz..money, money...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 12, 2013 16:25

apart from the current events and the topical subject matter, the song does have a fun groove to it..

and Mick gets to act it out...he used to go to sleep on stage didn't he..?

Date: June 12, 2013 16:32

duke richardson
apart from the current events and the topical subject matter, the song does have a fun groove to it..

Surely Keith? winking smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 12, 2013 16:36

DandelionPowderman
duke richardson

Surely Keith? winking smiley

nod nod..

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: June 12, 2013 16:42

they must do this...they must do that...

The Rolling Stones must do what we want!!!

Poor Mick and poor Keith... you can't always give what we want

thumbs up

Philadelphia June 21st
Posted by: ColdFandango ()
Date: June 18, 2013 15:18

In light of the news about the NSA and the intelligence community, it would be awesome if the Stones brought out Fingerprint File.

Re: Philadelphia June 21st
Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: June 18, 2013 16:04

If anyone has two $85 tickets for the riday night show that are available if they could let me know I'd appreciate it. My email address is Onecelt70@yahoo.com
Thanks

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 18, 2013 16:48

Well there is nothing new about this - George Orwell wrote the book about it in 1949 : Nigthteen-Eighy-Four - a Big Brother controlled life...

[en.wikipedia.org]

They have my left four and right four and thumbs scanned and printed every time I enter the US, they know where I live, where I go, and yet they ask me what is the purpose of the visit every time. But when I am telling them I am coming to see The Stones, surprise surprise, there are times they give me High Five, a big smile, and always Welcome to the USA. By the way, the surveillance in USA is nothing compared to what they do other places. I can tell by the speed of my e-mail and internet. As long as you have a free press I would not worry too much.

Bjornulf

Date: June 18, 2013 20:39

Fingerprint File would be great. Best song on IORR!

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 18, 2013 21:12

The song is funky and I enjoy it but c'mon guys, really?! You can seriously see this working in 2013? It barley worked live in '75. The outro goes on and on and Jagger (not to mention most of the crowd) would not have the patience for an unknown 7min slow funk song.

PLUS, Ronnie did the bass live and Wyman was on synth. Hardly worth a special trip to sit behind that.

THis is the same silly fanboy logic that has people posting about playing We Love You.

Date: June 18, 2013 22:05

Wrong.....would give Daryl something actually challenging, and Mick could start his Keith break early. I think you underestimate most of the audience, (they tolerate 5 mins of ER, because it's different!), and the ones that were unfamiliar might get turned on to a cool track. Also, the guitar parts are simple enough for Keith to play at a "real time" tempo.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1113
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home