Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : How many Star Treck fans, here ?
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 19, 2005 21:59

I post again this thread - It started with a comment on "The Source", or THE SOURcE, that, with all due respect, sounds a bit like Locutus from Borg "I am the source, I am the beginning, the end, I am the one, I am the many" - Even I'm a huge Enterprise fan, as for IORR, I prefer the ale pub, old mod, sing along style...

But as a huge Enterprise fan, I started some weeks ago to buy full seasons -that's great to watch with home theater - I bought Next Generation season I, Next Generation season II, and I'm discovering for the first time Voyager, which I disdained in the nineties, as Voyager could not match Jean Luc Picard' style IMHO

Keith :
"I need a love to keep me happy.
Baby, baby keep me happy.

Jean Luc Picard
"To boldly go where no one has gone before" (TA, TA TA TA, TA TA, TA TA TA TA)

Re: OT : How many Star Treck fans, here ?
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 19, 2005 23:09

Start with the spelling, if you´re such a BIG fan, it´s TREK, not TRECK....this is so off-topic.......

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: March 19, 2005 23:24

mickijaggeroo : so sorry, I was catched Thursday in a black hole, then faced Friday a temporal distortion, was sent 2000 light years from home. Not to forget, met also Q in the Quantum, and also endured an unfair deal with the Feringis - I have just been beam up at home, so the K is another mystery.

Energize !

ENGAGE ! TA, TA TA TA, TA TA, TA TA TA TA

PS : "this is so off-topic", you surely are a great observer, but maybe wrong, think Keith singing the twilight zone...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 21, 2005 10:59

Star date 03.021,2005, winking smiley

Question: If The Joker is a Trekkie,...he just goes back to the Next Generation?????

A true Trekkie/Trekker dates back to '67' and the original cast, with such luminous characters as: Captain Kirk, (posing and with his stilted delivery, but we love him for it, look where he is now, "Boston Legal" and a Golden Globe Award); Spock, (my fav "pointy ear'd friend); Scotty, (the Beamer-upper); Bones, (Doc); Hikaru Sulu, ( the ever ready one); Chekov, (the cutie pie); Uhura, (controls); Serek, Spocks father, (who shows up in every Trek Series, he is ageless); Nurse Chappel, (in true life wifey to Roddenberry, the creater of Star Trek, it was She who started the endless Star Trek Spin-offs from the original).

"Kiss Me, I'm a Salt Vampire" winking smiley(From - Star Trek)

Memorable sub-characters: The trouble with Tribbles, (Don't feed them); (The Salt sucker -from your body- Nancy), Charley, (Robert Walker Jr., Sr's son, who was a 40's actor) Khan, (Ricardo Montaban, hates/ but admires Kirk), even Alexis (Joan Collins) from Dynasty makes her debut on Star Trek, having the crew warp back to The Depression, USA) Zefram Cochrane and his Companion; Who Mourns for Adonis?; I Mudd, (who could forget Harry Mudd); etc....

Have you seen:
Star Trek - The Animated Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise? Heck, just give us another one, believe me, there will be, it's in Roddenberry's contract........................

Quotes:

"Beam me up Scotty, only to the Original Crew though."

I'm ready for the "Mind Meld, Mr Spock."

"LIVE LONG, AND PROSPER!"

From Bill:
"I’ve been hard at work on “Boston Legal” and the wonderful challenge of playing Denny Crane. His character offers several unique challenges for me as an actor. (William Shatner)

Yeah Bill, one of those challenges is "NO POSING." Shatner must be the greatest poser of all time, even topping Keith.

I think Mick said he watched Star Trek in the early days too winking smiley

Hey, anyone seen my communicator, can't get back to the ship without it?

I am a Trekkie,

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-21 12:49 by SFT-D-e-m-o-n.

Date: March 21, 2005 11:38

SFT-D-e-m-o-n : of course, I knew the original, I watched it in the seventies. But still stick to Next Generation as the best, IHMO.

By, the way, do you know how works the stardate ? It is always something like "stardate 40.989,32" - can someone here calculate the Altamont's stardate?

Also, have a look at this :

'Star Trek' Fans Protest Cancellation of Series

Fri Feb 25, 7:14 PM ET Entertainment - Reuters

By Ben Berkowitz

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "Star Trek" fans from around the world gathered at the gates of Paramount Studios in Hollywood on Friday to protest the impending cancellation of the television series "Star Trek: Enterprise."

AP Photo

AP Photo
Slideshow: Star Trek

Related Links
• Star Trek: Enterprise (Paramount)

Carrying signs reading "It's Not Just a Show, It's a Responsibility" and "18 Years of Loyalty and This Is the Thanks I Get?," more than 100 people massed at the gates of Paramount, where "Enterprise" is produced, to show support for a franchise that has perhaps the most loyal fan base in the world.

None wore costumes, however, in a departure from many gatherings of "Trekkies."

The UPN network, which like Paramount is a unit of Viacom Inc., said earlier this month it would end "Enterprise" in May after four seasons on air. But the fans are not letting it go quietly.

Paramount and UPN officials declined to comment.

"'Star Trek: Enterprise' ... is quality television, unlike a lot of the reality you see on TV today," said Candice McCallie, the Texas-based publicity director for Web site TrekUnited.com and an organizer of Friday's protest.

And organized it was -- attendees had professional laminated badges, posters and even permits from the L.A. Police Department to block the sidewalks around the studio.

Although the original series created by Gene Roddenberry ran only from 1966 to 1969, at least one version of "Star Trek" has constantly been on air since 1987 -- "The Next Generation," "Deep Space Nine," "Voyager" and now "Enterprise."

The current series is something of a prequel, set in the earlier days of human space exploration and the "Star Trek" universe, well before those other series took place.

"Enterprise" is tied for 150th place in ratings this season, according to Nielsen Media Research, but McCallie argued "Enterprise" peaked creatively this year.

"It's some of the best 'Star Trek' we've seen in the 18 years it's been on," she said.

Fans are so dedicated that TrekUnited has raised more than $48,000 to give to Paramount to potentially produce a fifth season of the show.

Date: March 21, 2005 12:35

The signs should read:
"It's Not Just a Show, It's a Reality" winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-21 12:44 by SFT-D-e-m-o-n.

Date: March 21, 2005 13:09

Look, these trekkies are real fans, they fight hard, they want to save the next season, there is a huge sum at stake as personal contributions, $3
millions... But that is also what we pay roughly for only 2 RS shows, isn't it?

[www.trekunited.com]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 21, 2005 21:25

Never watched Voyager or Deep Space 9. I started getting into Next Generation and then it got cancelled, although they show repeats alot.

I caught a couple episodes of Enterprise. First off, I hate the opening theme music. Second, if the show is supposed to take place before the original Star Trek series, their Enterprise looks alot better than the one on the original series! If it weren't for Jolene Blalok, I probably wouldn't have bothered to watch at all!

Posted by: davido ()
Date: March 22, 2005 01:00

I was a fan of the original back int he sixties,
like Next Generation, some of Deep Space, otherwise
no. For most part is suffering overkill for me
I'm content to give it a rest for awhile.

By the way saw Shatner on Boston Legal the other night.
and those t.v. ads. Ho boy!

Date: March 22, 2005 07:14

The Joker wrote: "Look, these trekkies are real fans,"

I didn't mean that they weren't serious.

Btw, my comment WAS serious, to a lot of Trekkie's/Trekker's vs/ Star Trek and,
Stones fans/ Stones, etc, It is a Reality. Besides Roddenberry had foresight, a lot of things in the story lines in the 60's, from the original Star Trek, have come to pass, in space I mean. We even have a ship called the Enterprise. Is it still in commission?

Date: March 22, 2005 11:12

SFT-D-e-m-o-n : at least, there are fans in the sense they financially contributed to the "cause". Individual gave to a pot that represent thousands dollars (I have not the figure in mind). And that raised money goes to the producers if the latter go on with Enterprise serie.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 22, 2005 11:44

There were ships named Enterprise before the show. The space shuttle Enterprise was so named because of fans of the show, this wasn't a Roddenberry prediction. Of course it was the first shuttle and never went in to space so it would have been better to have named the second shuttle.

After the original series all you have is plagarism, facsimile, imitation and barrel scraping. They can protest all they like (all 100 of them) but Enterprise deserves to go. Three 'mysterious' benefactors in the aerospace industry have PLEDGED $3 million which is not the same as giving. The rest of the fans have stumped up $68000 so they are currently $26.932 million short, what a joke. Its like if we organised a collection to pay for a private Stones show.

Date: March 22, 2005 12:19

The GR : "Its like if we organised a collection to pay for a private Stones show".

I thought the same, but I restrained my keyboard - I pictured this too horrible....

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: March 22, 2005 17:41

I admit im a star trek fan. Im too young to remember TOS, (by about 20 years), but I am a fan of TNG and DS9 (both were great). I also like most of the movies (with the exception of Star trek V [anyone thats seen it knows why]). As far as enterprise is concerned its a pity that its being cancelled. This season has taken the show in directions that fans have wanted to go in since the beginning. We are seeing Old series aliens and Old Series plots. I personally feel its ashame that just when the series has gotten good, it gets cancelled.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: March 22, 2005 18:16

We always thought the first Star Trek anyways
was very much of an American mindset, reflected
their ethnocentric bias projected into the future.
Like were Kirk discovered a planet where everybody was
young and never worked. Well he made sure they all got
jobs before he left so they could live happily ever after.
Sort of Amerikan capitalism on the march trek 60's style? ;-)

Date: March 22, 2005 20:19

I'm still amazed of how aliens living 70 000 light years from earth speak a such fluent Engish, or French when brodcasted here. But this is one of the graces of the serie.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: March 23, 2005 03:51

aren't mick and shatner the same age????

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: March 23, 2005 05:32

Today is William Shatner's 74th birthday! Amazing. Mick is only 61.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home