Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bill Wyman
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 22, 2005 13:25

I'm listening to Handsome girls cd1 by wich i'm always amazed. They sound so good, real rock 'n roll and absolute guitar weaving!

But what i always find is that how good Bill and Charlie play together. Bill really swings and plays great bass. When you listen to When the whip comes down, it's just Bill at his best. Espescially on the second verse you can really hear Charlie and Bill play great together.

I always thought Bill was just a normal player who played his notes and nothing special. But when you listen to this boot you discover that he really swings and play excactly what he needs to play. They were the best rhythem section ever imo!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Re: Bill Wyman
Posted by: RnT ()
Date: March 22, 2005 13:50

You're absolutely right. It's a real joy to listen to Bill on HG. It's also got to do with his sound. A bit dry and often in the middle range (not just the lows), which makes it easy to follow him. I specially like Love in Vain, the high notes he plays as an 'introduction' to the slideguitar. Just lovely. The Stones (and us fans) have been blessed with his unique style of playing.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: March 22, 2005 14:10

I support the theory that Bill went just crescendo from the late 60's, reaching his apex on the '81 tour (with '78 close second). What I like especially in his playing on those tours is a great sense of liberation, esp. the '81. His sound on that tour I think is his best ever.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: March 23, 2005 01:41

I too love his playing. He has a certain feel for the rythm almost sloppy that I like. My favourite bass player.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 23, 2005 01:48

yes just listen to miss you from shattered in europe, outstanding
same with bitch from perth 73, bill and charlie just smoke baby

Posted by: davido ()
Date: March 23, 2005 06:01

Ha ha yeah he's great
and just don't say anything
bad about him round here! ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home