Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith moustache
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: June 8, 2013 19:17

I constantly get the feeling, going through old pictures, that Keef´s month with the moustache stand for his worst drunken gigs, I believe to see a tiredness in his eyes he never had before and not now as it seems... what do you think?

Re: Keith moustache
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 8, 2013 19:20

I think it maked him look swave and deboner.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 8, 2013 19:30

RawIguanaCologne

I constantly get the feeling ... that Keef´s month with the moustache stand for his worst drunken gigs, I believe to see a tiredness in his eyes he never had before and not now as it seems...

My feeling too. I'm scared every time when I see pictures or videos from the Werchter concert June 5, 2007.

Only few months after the superb 'You Got The Silver' at the NY Beacon Theatre ('Shine A Light'-Movie) in Fall 2006 .....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-09 19:10 by Irix.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 8, 2013 19:45

I think it's disposable Bic Razor issue. They only last three shaves and he probably pushed the razor beyond its use.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 8, 2013 20:06

I thought they replaced him with Clark Gable like they did with Ringo in the Beatles.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 8, 2013 20:14

He was going for the "Boo Wilbury" look.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-08 20:15 by tatters.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 8, 2013 20:22

RawIguanaCologne
I constantly get the feeling, going through old pictures, that Keef´s month with the moustache stand for his worst drunken gigs, I believe to see a tiredness in his eyes he never had before and not now as it seems... what do you think?

I completely agree with you. In 2007 he was in an incredibly bad shape. It seems almost insane that he toured in that condition. In Frankfurt he could hardly talk, not even his usual phrases("hoho, haha") came easily.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 8, 2013 20:26

On another grooming note.....I just realized that when my hair began to recede, I should have went with TWO headbands instead of shaving it off.

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: June 8, 2013 20:27

windmelody
RawIguanaCologne

I completely agree with you. In 2007 he was in an incredibly bad shape. It seems almost insane that he toured in that condition. In Frankfurt he could hardly talk, not even his usual phrases("hoho, haha") came easily.

This is what I thought - a tour like this, in stadiums in THAT condition...nightmare!!

Date: June 8, 2013 20:27

I would just wear a beanie all the time like that bald guy in U2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-08 20:30 by tatters.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 8, 2013 20:28

Definitely a nod to Dylan's gringo look.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 8, 2013 20:30

I just invented something.

Hair tattoo.

I hereby copyright this idea.

Please tell me if you see anyone steal it.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: June 8, 2013 20:58

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-08 21:01 by dandelion1967.

Date: June 8, 2013 21:10

tatters
I would just wear a beanie all the time like that bald guy in U2.

Nothing wrong withot the beanie- looks ok without

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 8, 2013 21:58

Those were tough years for him maybe with dealing with Patty's cancer ordeal and maybe hep C.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 8, 2013 22:12

What sanQ said. I would also say that conversely Jagger's beard was amazing!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 9, 2013 00:36

His mother died during that period, too.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 9, 2013 00:52

Start Me Up ..........Ronnie had more control over the blade .... cut finer

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 9, 2013 01:14

sanQ
Those were tough years for him maybe with dealing with Patty's cancer ordeal and maybe hep C.

this explains the 'stache?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 9, 2013 01:31

This is the only Rolling Stones mustache which I recognize the legitimacy of:

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 9, 2013 03:03

Thrylan
On another grooming note.....I just realized that when my hair began to recede, I should have went with TWO headbands instead of shaving it off.

It really is an amazing fashion accessory.

Date: June 9, 2013 03:07

treaclefingers
Thrylan

I would just wear a baseball cap all the time like that bald guy in the Beach Boys.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 9, 2013 03:30

I thought his Muammar Gaddafi look added a bit of character actually...but it didn't last long did it?

Date: June 9, 2013 07:37

tatters
treaclefingers
Thrylan

I would just wear a baseball cap all the time like that bald guy in the Beach Boys.

I was afraid the ball cap would look like denial...like the comb-over, it never dawned on me to keep adding headbands.... the genius is in the simplicity.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: June 9, 2013 08:08

He seemed to be in rough shape in 2007 and the stache looked awful. I was trying to describe his stage presence to friends back in north America, it was hard to describe fully but it was bad. I thought it was due to the head injury and drugs he was taking for it?

Date: June 9, 2013 15:48

Thrylan

I was afraid the ball cap would look like denial...like the comb-over, it never dawned on me to keep adding headbands.... the genius is in the simplicity.

I would just wear a wig all the time like that bald guy on The Sopranos ....

.... or maybe even one of .... whatever this thing is called.... just like that bald guy in the E Street Band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-09 15:51 by tatters.

Date: June 9, 2013 15:58

tatters
Thrylan

I would just wear a wig all the time like that bald guy on The Sopranos ....

.... or maybe even one of .... whatever this thing is called.... just like that bald guy in the E Street Band.

I can't understand why hair is important in this society. I base people on their character rather than looks.

Date: June 9, 2013 16:05

That's what I love about Billy. He doesn't care what he looks like, and I respect that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-09 16:12 by tatters.

Date: June 9, 2013 17:18

Well, like BJ, I gave up too damn easy.....Little Steven just altered the two bandana thing and went "tall bandana." I just shaved it off and confronted 40 head on, and now I think I just gave up too early...

Posted by: kristian ()
Date: June 9, 2013 17:41

The thing is, Keith´s facial hair doesn´t grow much. He probably has to shave only twice a month or so. That´s one of the reasons his moustache looks soooo ... pathetic. Those pictures from the days in France in 1971 show him at his most hirsute, having not shaved for a month or so. If he´d like to have a beard, he´d have to wear a wig.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home