Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
O.T. Is it worth to see Rod Stewart 2013?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:34

anybody of you saw one of his concerts this year?. maybe, I go to see Rod on 3rd of july in dortmund. ticket-Prizes from 80-120 euro.

Re: O.T. Is it worth to see Rod Stewart 2013?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:40

still in great voice; love the new album. havo at it!

Date: June 3, 2013 22:21

I hear he does a brilliant "What A Wonderful World" nowadays... winking smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:35

Always worth seeing a rock legend.

Rod knows his limits and it will be a good show. He's a smart guy.

You might not like his selection however, but if you don't mind older music then you'll enjoy it.

(I love Bryan Ferry's take on older classics).

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:47

yes. He still sounds good and plays most of the old hits. Def worth seeing once.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 4, 2013 01:37

Hope he will decide to tour with what's left of the Faces...

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: June 4, 2013 01:37

Does he have special guests too?

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 4, 2013 01:38

havent seen him in a long time but from everything i've heard he's still great.

he mixes in a bit of everything from his career so you'll get songs from the standards to gasoline alley,its an impressive body of work.

the guy is a total pro and he goes all out to put on a great show.

dont miss a chance to see one of the best frontmen ever and hear one of the best voices ever live in person,you wont regret it.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 4, 2013 01:47

Good to see him but his new CD has a profound absence of the electric guitar. Not a good CD for the true rocker. Too sappy IMO.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 4, 2013 01:47

lazzzybones

Listing to his repertoire lately it must be Doris Day grinning smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 4, 2013 01:56

NICOS
lazzzybones

Listing to his repertoire lately it must be Doris Day grinning smiley

what setlist are you talking about?,which show?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 4, 2013 02:42

Imagine Rod does well with "What a Wonderful World"...Louis Armstrong did the definitive version.

And let's not knock Doris Day. A great singer...don't judge her by just one or two songs.

Rod loves being on stage and believe you will get your money's worth.

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:27

I saw him February 9th in Las Vegas. A good show. Did a big hits show- which does include sappy stuff. But, a true legend giving a wonderful show. I love that female sax player I have seen him with the last three times. Good player and mighty pretty. He played a faces song or two and had Beck and Wood on the video screen with old shots of them.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:29

I went to the Hard Rock Calling festival in Hyde Park in 2011. Rod Stewart was the main act on the the last night, Sunday. It was a pretty good gig, he played all his hits - there was a great atmosphere. As mentioned, it's worth seeing him once, I'm glad I did. A pleasant surprise for me though was that Ronnie Wood was one of the special guests, he played on Maggie May and Stay With Me, and wow his guitar playing was on fire! (The other special guest was Stevie Nicks).

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:40

I have always preferred Ronnie with Rod.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:43

There's a bbc concert up on DIME from last month...he has a crack band and backup singers with him but overall it reminded me of a Vegas act...the rockers had no balls!smiling smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:44

Does he sing under the boardwalk--down by the sea?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:48

Not unless he climbs down off his ego and wallet to tour with The Faces...

Date: June 4, 2013 10:48

Set list from the latest show at the weekend
[www.setlist.fm]

Date: June 4, 2013 11:34

stonesrule
Imagine Rod does well with "What a Wonderful World"...Louis Armstrong did the definitive version.

And let's not knock Doris Day. A great singer...don't judge her by just one or two songs.

Rod loves being on stage and believe you will get your money's worth.

He doesn't (Wonderful World), but it was just a joke. Of course, Rod is a must-see. A fantastic performer, with so many great songs thumbs up

Date: June 4, 2013 11:36

dishevelmentblues
Set list from the latest show at the weekend
[www.setlist.fm]

Only three songs he did with the Faces?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 4, 2013 13:44

I saw Rod in Vegas & it was a very enjoyable show. His band is very good & he was into it, which hasn't always been the case. Best part was acoustic set in the middle (Reason to Believe, etc.).

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:10

WeLoveYou
I went to the Hard Rock Calling festival in Hyde Park in 2011. Rod Stewart was the main act on the the last night, Sunday. It was a pretty good gig, he played all his hits - there was a great atmosphere. As mentioned, it's worth seeing him once, I'm glad I did. A pleasant surprise for me though was that Ronnie Wood was one of the special guests, he played on Maggie May and Stay With Me, and wow his guitar playing was on fire! (The other special guest was Stevie Nicks).

I saw this show as well, and I thought it was barely passable. His voice was weak and the show was pure Vegas. I hate that back-up band in tuxedos and black cocktail dresses. It was worth it only because Ronnie appeared and lit a fire under Rod. I don't know - perhaps I'm spoiled because I know how good Rod once was. I saw the Faces in 75, and saw him solo before he went "songbook" on us. He was a true talent.

Date: June 4, 2013 17:12

drbryant
WeLoveYou

I saw this show as well, and I thought it was barely passable. His voice was weak and the show was pure Vegas. I hate that back-up band in tuxedos and black cocktail dresses. It was worth it only because Ronnie appeared and lit a fire under Rod. I don't know - perhaps I'm spoiled because I know how good Rod once was. I saw the Faces in 75, and saw him solo before he went "songbook" on us. He was a true talent.

DB, did to see the Faces with Jesse Ed Davis in 1975? I'm very curious about how they sounded - have only heard a few tracks.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:47

Theres a few boots from this tour, one of the better ones is from New Orleans I think. Other than the added freedom for Ron of having an xtra guitar to carry the load I cant really say they sounded any better than the one guitar line-up but I still like the recordings.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 4, 2013 18:03

no

Date: June 4, 2013 18:19

TheGreek
no

you are losing points with me on a very regular basis. please step it up or get out.

Date: June 4, 2013 18:32

StonesTod
TheGreek
no

you are losing points with me on a very regular basis. please step it up or get out.
ok, please set me on the correct path. has rod stewart returned to his rock and roll roots ? or is he doing standards and torch songs?

Date: June 4, 2013 18:36

TheGreek
StonesTod
TheGreek
no

ok, please set me on the correct path. has rod stewart returned to his rock and roll roots ? or is he doing standards and torch songs?

rod rocks. i think he even sometimes plays at red rocks and in that case rod rocks red rocks.

Date: June 4, 2013 18:52

StonesTod
TheGreek
StonesTod
TheGreek
no

rod rocks. i think he even sometimes plays at red rocks and in that case rod rocks red rocks.
i stand corrected .rod rocks @red rocks .thats cool

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1703
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home