Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: O.T. Is it worth to see Rod Stewart 2013?
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 4, 2013 18:59

DandelionPowderman
drbryant
WeLoveYou
I went to the Hard Rock Calling festival in Hyde Park in 2011. Rod Stewart was the main act on the the last night, Sunday. It was a pretty good gig, he played all his hits - there was a great atmosphere. As mentioned, it's worth seeing him once, I'm glad I did. A pleasant surprise for me though was that Ronnie Wood was one of the special guests, he played on Maggie May and Stay With Me, and wow his guitar playing was on fire! (The other special guest was Stevie Nicks).

I saw this show as well, and I thought it was barely passable. His voice was weak and the show was pure Vegas. I hate that back-up band in tuxedos and black cocktail dresses. It was worth it only because Ronnie appeared and lit a fire under Rod. I don't know - perhaps I'm spoiled because I know how good Rod once was. I saw the Faces in 75, and saw him solo before he went "songbook" on us. He was a true talent.

DB, did to see the Faces with Jesse Ed Davis in 1975? I'm very curious about how they sounded - have only heard a few tracks.

Yes, Jesse Ed Davis on second guitar and Tetsu on bass. HIC Arena in Honolulu, capacity 6500 or so. Peter Frampton warmed up and basically played "Frampton Comes Alive" and was great. The Faces sounded pretty much how they sound on the farewell concert DVD with Keith. It was a little sloppy, particularly Ronnie's back up vocals, and I think Tetsu was drunk, but those guys could play "Sweet Little Rock and Roller" and "Twisting the Night Away" in their sleep. I also remember that from where I was sitting Mac's piano was very prominent in the mix, and it was the first time I had heard that boogie woogie style piano playing throughout a track - fell in love with that sound. I was 15 years old, and I enjoyed it as much as the Stones three years earlier.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: June 8, 2013 10:23

I've seen Rod in O2 Arena, 04/06/2013, and was great!
And the girls too:-)
Sici

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-08 10:26 by Sici.

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: June 8, 2013 15:11

stonesrule
I have always preferred Ronnie with Rod.
1++++

Date: June 8, 2013 15:22

Rod sings all the hits!

Date: June 8, 2013 15:24

Rod gets all the chicks!

Rod is like my 11th favorite artist (Billy Joel #1, Rolling Stones #2)

Have seen Rod numerous times since the late 90's:
Highlights include:
Taking the train all night to Orlando
AC 98-
Hi-fiving Rod at MSG in 2007!
Rod+Stevie Nicks=Fantastic!

Going to Winwood (#6 favorite) with Rod in December.

I felt as though the band was fantastic on the last tour

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 8, 2013 15:37

lem motlow
havent seen him in a long time but from everything i've heard he's still great.

he mixes in a bit of everything from his career so you'll get songs from the standards to gasoline alley,its an impressive body of work.

the guy is a total pro and he goes all out to put on a great show.

dont miss a chance to see one of the best frontmen ever and hear one of the best voices ever live in person,you wont regret it.

Yep, agree. Have a ticket to see him for 6th June (2 days ago) ....... but he cancelled at the last minute and the show has now been re-scheduled for 11th July. Boy what a week that is going to be for me ............

6th July - Stones
8th July - The WHO
9th July - Blondie
11th July - Rod Stewart
12th July - Elton John/Ray Davies/Elvis Costello
13th July - Stones

I'll be a wreck by the end of the week .......... winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: June 8, 2013 15:40

If you want his body and you think he's sexy then its worth it to go

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 8, 2013 20:22

paulywaul
lem motlow
havent seen him in a long time but from everything i've heard he's still great.

he mixes in a bit of everything from his career so you'll get songs from the standards to gasoline alley,its an impressive body of work.

the guy is a total pro and he goes all out to put on a great show.

dont miss a chance to see one of the best frontmen ever and hear one of the best voices ever live in person,you wont regret it.

Yep, agree. Have a ticket to see him for 6th June (2 days ago) ....... but he cancelled at the last minute and the show has now been re-scheduled for 11th July. Boy what a week that is going to be for me ............

6th July - Stones
8th July - The WHO
9th July - Blondie
11th July - Rod Stewart
13th July - Stones

I'll be a wreck by the end of the week .......... winking smiley

No doubt you'll be a very happy wreck after all those great gigs. winking smiley

Date: June 9, 2013 00:10

With all due respect, guys, are you serious? Those girls in faux-jaguar miniskirts? I think I posted this here before, but this just isn't rock and roll.

This,on the other hand, is.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 9, 2013 00:36

GO!!!!Paulywaul...you'll need a serious vacation at the end of that week with so much great music in your mind.

Date: June 9, 2013 08:53

stonesrule
GO!!!!Paulywaul...you'll need a serious vacation at the end of that week with so much great music in your mind.

Indeed, and unfortunately I'll have no such pleasure - it'll be a return to WORK (ugh gasp).

Were it not for the fact that I'm on a plane at 06:00 Monday 15th, I'd be at he Jazz Café in Camden/London that very evening to see one of all my time favourite American bands, the Fabulous Thunderbirds. They're playing there on the 15th & 16th. I'm sorry to be missing them, but I can't really complain - can I ?

6th July - Stones
8th July - The WHO
9th July Blondie
11th July - Rod Stewart
13th July - Stones

Date: June 9, 2013 10:14

I've just thought of something !! A EUREKA moment !!

What with Rod's 6th June show having been postponed to 11th July, we DO know that a certain gentleman who used to play with the Faces and left in favour of "that other band" will be in town !! He'll be busy on the 6th, on the 13th too, but hopefully might make an appearance at the O2 Arena on the 11th !!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 9, 2013 10:16

I saw him in Vegas last year and he was great. He even mentioned Ronnie Wood.

Date: June 9, 2013 17:53

paulywaul

What with Rod's 6th June show having been postponed to 11th July, we DO know that a certain gentleman who used to play with the Faces and left in favour of "that other band" will be in town !! He'll be busy on the 6th, on the 13th too, but hopefully might make an appearance at the O2 Arena on the 11th !!

I would say that odds of a Ronnie appearance are about 25 to 30 percent. If he appears, the odds that he plays Maggie Mae and Stay With Me are about 100 percent

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 9, 2013 17:55

Title5Take1
I saw him in Vegas last year and he was great. He even mentioned Ronnie Wood.

he's one of the best mentioners in the biz. prolly top 5.

Date: June 9, 2013 23:17

drbryant
paulywaul

I would say that odds of a Ronnie appearance are about 25 to 30 percent. If he appears, the odds that he plays Maggie Mae and Stay With Me are about 100 percent

Agreed, IF he appears, it'll be Maggie & Stay With Me for sure. As for the probability of him appearing ......... yeah you're probably right. About 25 percent chance I'd say

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: June 13, 2013 09:34

I'm not a fan per se but went to the tour with Stevie Nicks on a free ticket. It was a great show! I'd probably go again, tell you the truth (and I'm usually a classic rock/"alternative"/metal kind of girl.)

"Just a poor girl in a rich man's house" * Rockin' in Nashville, TN!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home