Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"music" - this week with Crossfire Hurricane director Brett Morgen (vaults are now empty?)
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 3, 2013 08:29

On my radio show this week I interview Brett Morgen - all about Crossfire Hurricane, the film he directed - hope you like it - some good insights he shares

[webtalkradio.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 17:05 by hbwriter.

Re: "music" - this week with Crossfire Hurricane director Brett Morgen
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2013 09:04

thanks hb .... interesting stuff...
I know Bretts mentioned it before but what about the rest of those 80 hrs of interviews

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 3, 2013 09:14

Rockman
thanks hb .... interesting stuff...
I know Bretts mentioned it before but what about the rest of those 80 hrs of interviews

Oh, for a "fly on the wall" bootleg disc or two of Bill Wyman's rumored catharsis--that alone would be worth the price of a Stones (VIP package) ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 09:24 by stonehearted.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 3, 2013 09:20

That was fantastic. Brett sounded like he was in a phone booth on the moon, but once I got past that, great interview. Thanks for making access to it. I would love to know what he's going to do with the almost 80 hours of unused interviews. Now I want to know more about what Wyman said.

Date: June 3, 2013 09:25

24FPS
That was fantastic. Brett sounded like he was in a phone booth on the moon, but once I got past that, great interview. Thanks for making access to it. I would love to know what he's going to do with the almost 80 hours of unused interviews. Now I want to know more about what Wyman said.

on the moon - hahahaha- yeah his phone SUCKED - i usually will only do in person for that reason - but for him we bend - thanks for listening

Date: June 3, 2013 09:27

my understanding is that the rest of the outtakes belong to the band

Date: June 3, 2013 10:44

hbwriter

Which probably means Mick Jagger and we'll never hear them in our lifetime.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 3, 2013 15:10

Really interesting...thanks for the link. I think jagger may release some of the outtakes sooner than later to capitolise on the renewed interest in the band. Hope so.

Date: June 3, 2013 16:43

24FPS
hbwriter

precisely - he drove this train

Date: June 3, 2013 21:01

crumbling_mice
Really interesting...thanks for the link. I think jagger may release some of the outtakes sooner than later to capitolise on the renewed interest in the band. Hope so.

I hope so - but given that it sounds like he didn't even really want to do this, hard tio mimagine

Re: "music" - this week with Crossfire Hurricane director Brett Morgen (vaults are now empty?)
Date: June 4, 2013 02:17

The vault may not be as full, but we only saw snippets of a lot of things in Crossfire. Isn't there more footage of them dressing up in drag for the photo shoot of HYSYMB? It's probably true that we're running out of Brian video.

Re: "music" - this week with Crossfire Hurricane director Brett Morgen (vaults are now empty?)
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 4, 2013 02:37

It seems that Morgen has provided the reason for why the film stops as it does in 1981. He explains that Jagger did not want to do a traditional documentary where the band is shown sitting down and talking, but that it should instead be entertaining and, as Morgen mentions early on in the interview, the film should therefore be focused around a story. So he bases the film on that phase of their career where they were hated by everyone--wearing the "black hat" as it were--and lets it span up to the turning point in their career--1981/1982--where, all of a sudden, they are beloved by everyone, which begins the next--and present--phase of their career. He also mentions that there will not be another film, so, no sequel to cover 1981 to the present as many here originally speculated.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:41

Thanks! This was great! Fellow collector also envious of the vault access! :-)

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 4, 2013 07:04

hbwriter
24FPS
hbwriter

Got to leave a steady stream of boxed set limited edition archive releases for gneraTions to come....

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:12

Great. Listening to it now, tasty use of Plundering in the intro.

Date: June 4, 2013 17:08

RobberBride
Great. Listening to it now, tasty use of Plundering in the intro.

thanks - hope you enjoy it - WISH they were doing Plunder this tour smiling smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 4, 2013 18:32

Just listened, - although I had some problems understanding. Thanx, HB.
I found the idea of doing this docu a bit different very good.I'm tired of all those interview-docus. I only think they could have done even better . .

Date: June 4, 2013 19:10

CousinC
Just listened, - although I had some problems understanding. Thanx, HB.
I found the idea of doing this docu a bit different very good.I'm tired of all those interview-docus. I only think they could have done even better . .

thanks, CC

Date: June 5, 2013 17:18

sonomastone
hbwriter
24FPS
hbwriter

Got to leave a steady stream of boxed set limited edition archive releases for gneraTions to come....

i doubt we'll ever hear the outtakes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2165
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home