Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: People leaving the show early
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 2, 2013 21:27

It's a sin to leave a Rolling Stones gig at least 10-15 minutes after the final bow.

Just in case for the first time in 50 years they come back on stage after what we all know is..........The End. smoking smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 2, 2013 21:35

For a lot of people the show is essentially over after "Midnight Rambler."

The rest is for the fanatics, the sing a longs and fist pumpers.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 2, 2013 21:37

Why worry? Also, I don't see it happening, so no worries.

Bjornulf

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: June 2, 2013 21:38

I buy a ticket and don't go so people near thst empty seat wonder why it's empty.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 2, 2013 21:53

bv

then who are these people leaving early if it's not happening?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 2, 2013 21:54

Sorry but I never understand those people who leave early to beat the traffic. It's not every day I get to see the Stones. I'd rather see them every second I can and if it means sitting in the worst traffic jam for just one night, it's a small price to pay.

Date: June 2, 2013 21:55

Beast
Sorry but I never understand those people who leave early to beat the traffic. It's not every day I get to see the Stones. I'd rather see them every second I can and if it means sitting in the worst traffic jam for just one night, it's a small price to pay.

hang on...we've just received word that it's not happening after all. more later on this late-breaking development

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2013 21:55

StonesTod
bv

could be just your imagination (running away with you).

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: June 2, 2013 22:00

I stress out when people arrive just in time for the warhorses.

Posted by: Delta ()
Date: June 2, 2013 22:03

Brutal traffic in Chitown, good God Man, I live in LA talk about brutal traffic. I stay until the last note is played.

Date: June 2, 2013 22:04

treaclefingers
StonesTod
bv

could be just your imagination (running away with you).

i have no imagination. oh, wait...i see....

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 2, 2013 22:12

Delta
Brutal traffic in Chitown, good God Man, I live in LA talk about brutal traffic. I stay until the last note is played.

Yes, and people who are worried about the traffic should try the alternative and stay late.

I've been to many concerts/events where we hang around for a while after it's over, partly to wait for the traffic to thin out. Watch them tear the set down, if they'll let you stay in the arena awhile, shop for some merchandise, use the restroom, grab a drink somewhere, and then get in the car. By then, it's usually smooth sailing.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: June 2, 2013 22:21

paulywaul
People leaving the show early ..............

Should be marched out of a grubby jail cell on a cold damp dismal morning across a bleak prison yard, tied to a wooden post, blindfolded, and shot ....

End of discussion

confused smiley

Well..sometimes it's torture you know...

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 2, 2013 22:21

"To get to the car..". - Do we need the car? Anyway, I doubt such a thing would reach a visible level in countries like Norway or Iceland. There we are really hungry for The Stones!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-02 22:48 by noughties.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 2, 2013 23:25

StonesTod
bv

Do you follow each and every person from their seats and all the way out when they leave the seats? I assume not. Some people go to the bathrooms. Some buy beers. Some upgrade or downgrade themselves i.e. they move over to another seat, because may be you or other people nearby sing loud or irritate some other way.

In a large crowd there will always be many people moving around. May be one out of thousand have to work the night shift in a hospital. A brain surgeon who could see half the show. Or a bus driver. But 99% of the crowd is still there at the end of the show, as proven by numerous photos fromm numerous venues, and what I have seen myself, so this is really a no-issue, not a problem. Face the stage. Forget what is happening around you. That is my policy. Works fine with me.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 2, 2013 23:43

And some leave, I didnt when I went to see them years ago but I really felt like leaving when they hit the warhorses, the last five, six songs. Its not easy to leave when youre bored, but its a great feeling if you dont care for the Vegas versions of JJF, BS etc.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 2, 2013 23:44

That said, I think theyre exiting right now with Taylor and maybe the last tour. I feel one doesnt know what they will do the next show and thats how it should be.

Date: June 2, 2013 23:53

bv
StonesTod
bv

Do you follow each and every person from their seats and all the way out when they leave the seats? I assume not. Some people go to the bathrooms. Some buy beers. Some upgrade or downgrade themselves i.e. they move over to another seat, because may be you or other people nearby sing loud or irritate some other way.

In a large crowd there will always be many people moving around. May be one out of thousand have to work the night shift in a hospital. A brain surgeon who could see half the show. Or a bus driver. But 99% of the crowd is still there at the end of the show, as proven by numerous photos fromm numerous venues, and what I have seen myself, so this is really a no-issue, not a problem. Face the stage. Forget what is happening around you. That is my policy. Works fine with me.

so upon cross-examination we're down to 99% now? you fold too easily...

Posted by: jackdog ()
Date: June 3, 2013 00:02

Both couples on either side of us in Sec 300 left before the encore. Nice people but casual fans and older but you alaways get that at big high priced stadium shows. The guy next to me actually asked me who Mick Taylor was!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 3, 2013 00:03

The Sicilian

Ok I will put a timeline on it, several left the building right after Can't You Hear Me Knocking which was the 10th song in out of 22. And that's before Midnight Rambler.

Date: June 3, 2013 00:08

jackdog
The guy next to me actually asked me who Mick Taylor was!

and who was he?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 3, 2013 00:10

I sometimes left before the last song if I was driving.

However, for this tour, since 2012, I learned that they are jamming like crazy during JJF and playing a heckofa version of Satisfaction that I do not want to miss. There's Keith right at the end, with his finishing riff--poignant. Sooo, I don't want to leave early.

(mighty stork, so good to talk with you on Friday.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: June 3, 2013 00:11

Stonesdoug and I got tickets to see cirque du soleil about a year ago from a business associate. We had the best seats in the house, VIP everything, we left halfway thru because it was a fairly long drive home. When you don't have to pay for the ticket and you're going to an event just for a night out at someone elses expense, staying until the end isnt required.

OLDKR

Date: June 3, 2013 00:13

Hey its they're money and time so be it and leaves more room for me to rock. I don't get it but some folks are more worried about traffic or whatever so who cares as the whole place could empty out after song 10 and I would be happier with less mass of arses...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 00:14 by jackdog.

Date: June 3, 2013 00:14

The Sicilian

You mean the fans, right?

Remember, many of the warhorses are the fans' favourite tunes.

Date: June 3, 2013 00:18

oldkr
Stonesdoug and I got tickets to see cirque du soleil about a year ago from a business associate. We had the best seats in the house, VIP everything, we left halfway thru because it was a fairly long drive home. When you don't have to pay for the ticket and you're going to an event just for a night out at someone elses expense, staying until the end isnt required.

OLDKR

there are rules to this?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2013 00:19

.....maybe StonesPrincess was hockin' it for free out in the car park ...

ROCKMAN

Date: June 3, 2013 00:22

Yeah and I fell asleep at the opera too so free cirque du soleil tix and Stones tix is a stretch but I see your point but... But hey who cares more room at the buffet for me...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2013 00:29

People leaving the show early

....maybe their incontinence pants were over-flowing .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 00:45

bv
this is really a no-issue, not a problem. Face the stage. Forget what is happening around you. That is my policy. Works fine with me.

You realize, of course, that in adhering to your policy you would never actually see the people leaving, right?

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home