Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: People leaving the show early
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 3, 2013 00:56

camper88
bv
this is really a no-issue, not a problem. Face the stage. Forget what is happening around you. That is my policy. Works fine with me.

You realize, of course, that in adhering to your policy you would never actually see the people leaving, right?

ignorance is bliss.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 3, 2013 11:09

My brother quite proudly leaves concerts and sporting events early so that he can beat traffic and get to bed. He's of the belief that what one does at night shouldn't impact how one feels the next day, and he's pretty rigid about that belief. And he does this at events where he paid for his ticket.

He'll leave a sporting event before the outcome is determined. In 1997, he found out that the New York Giants had blown a nine-point lead in the last 90 seconds of a playoff game that he attended from his car on Route 3.

I almost always stay to the end at concerts (unless the band sucks) and prefer to at sporting events (unless I'm watching a 100-loss baseball team and there's just no hope). When we go to events together, we often take separate cars to avoid conflict.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: June 3, 2013 12:36

meh, not too surprising as it is an older crowd now with families and work responsibilities who can't hang like they did in their youth.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: June 3, 2013 13:52

ab
My brother quite proudly leaves concerts and sporting events early so that he can beat traffic and get to bed. He's of the belief that what one does at night shouldn't impact how one feels the next day, and he's pretty rigid about that belief.

He'll happily abandon this boring belief once he, in spite of his attitude, gets fired. Then he'll angrily party till four every morning for the rest of his life as a revenge. winking smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 3, 2013 15:42

I can tell you in Toronto that wasn't happening at all.
Being a hardcore smoker and thirsty for real, regularly priced beer at show's end I did split right after the last note of Satisfaction. A five minute head start makes all the difference.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 3, 2013 15:48

ab
My brother quite proudly leaves concerts and sporting events early so that he can beat traffic and get to bed. He's of the belief that what one does at night shouldn't impact how one feels the next day, and he's pretty rigid about that belief. And he does this at events where he paid for his ticket.

He'll leave a sporting event before the outcome is determined. In 1997, he found out that the New York Giants had blown a nine-point lead in the last 90 seconds of a playoff game that he attended from his car on Route 3.

I almost always stay to the end at concerts (unless the band sucks) and prefer to at sporting events (unless I'm watching a 100-loss baseball team and there's just no hope). When we go to events together, we often take separate cars to avoid conflict.

Doesn't taking separate cars actually add to the traffic?

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 3, 2013 15:54

mighty stork
ab

Doesn't taking separate cars actually add to the traffic?

I see your point, but it doesn't add to post-event traffic if he's out of the lots before the event ends. His ship has sailed, I stay to the end, and everybody's happy. Keeping the peace is a good thing.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 3, 2013 19:50

to beat the traffic across the GW

Date: June 3, 2013 19:57

I could care less who else leaves a Stones concert early. The reality is I am there for the duration and will never leave a Stones concert early...

Date: June 3, 2013 20:02

its good to be anywhere
I could care less who else leaves a Stones concert early. The reality is I am there for the duration and will never leave a Stones concert early...

nobody's leaving early. we've covered this already. and just to be sure, if anyone even tries, there are armed guards at all exits ordering you back to you seats. best tour ever.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 3, 2013 20:02

Well I'm glad I left Altamont early...I hear bad things went on...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 3, 2013 20:11

camper88
bv
this is really a no-issue, not a problem. Face the stage. Forget what is happening around you. That is my policy. Works fine with me.

You realize, of course, that in adhering to your policy you would never actually see the people leaving, right?

I am not blind. I do see everything. But I would not bother for a second about one or two people who walk by me or behind me for some reason. I would not ask them where they are going, for beers, for a bathroom visit or to go home and replace the babysitter. I have photo proof. I use to do plenty of photos of the crowd late into the show, during the encore, and I see plenty of people, simple as that, not plenty of empty seats.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: June 3, 2013 20:36

The only Show I had to leave early was because Lou Reed finished the Show after 20 minutes or so in Mannheim as he didn't want to Play anymore and felt accused by somebody in the audience. The guy was removed, but Reed did not return to stage again.

For the Stones I would stay until the very very last tune as somebody said: you'll never know. And by no means the 3 encores are overwhelming in all respect. I would miss the Train, the plane the bus but I would not miss the last tune of a Rolling Stones concert.

Date: June 3, 2013 20:38

Grison
The only Show I had to leave early was because Lou Reed finished the Show after 20 minutes or so in Mannheim as he didn't want to Play anymore and felt accused by somebody in the audience. The guy was removed, but Reed did not return to stage again.

For the Stones I would stay until the very very last tune as somebody said: you'll never know. And by no means the 3 encores are overwhelming in all respect. I would miss the Train, the plane the bus but I would not miss the last tune of a Rolling Stones concert.

you're a fine example of a stones fan and one who should serve as a role model for those with aspirations to grow up and be one themselves someday.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 20:46

bv
[
I would not ask them where they are going, for beers, for a bathroom visit or to go home and replace the babysitter.

Now replacing the babysitter is not something I would have thought of.
Shift work, an interesting concept--Babysitter #2 comes in and does the graveyard shift while I'm out at The Kingston Mines after the show.

Now I don't have to miss Satisfaction to get to the Mines for their midnight special!

And then I can come home in time for breakfast and take the kids to school, where the teacher gets the daytime shift.

Sweet!

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:40

I had to leave early...had no choice....my colostomy bag broke

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:37

....heck!!! bet you were really pissed-off

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:43

Rockman
....heck!!! bet you were really pissed-off
I was! on top of that I couldn't find my teeth at the lost and found

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 4, 2013 01:54

what i wonder,and this is something not unique to stones fans or this message board is-
why in the hell is everyone so worried about what other people do??

people worry about what other people eat,wear,how much money they have...

if they want to leave before the end thats their business,who cares.

keith had a great line that went-"when i grew up everyone wanted to be different,now everyone tries to be the same."

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 4, 2013 02:11

keith had a great line that went-"when i grew up everyone wanted to be different,now everyone tries to be the same."-

heck that's true ... even ole Mr Zimmerman has often commented about how
boring the world is now as it slowly becomes one

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Thedole ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:38

On this tour I have bought only the $85er's and I for one love it when these folks bail out mid show in the best sections right next to the stage. I just move right in and get great seats (location) for the remainder of the show. I have been to 7 concerts on this tour. 5 nosebleeds - I moved up on all 5 of those. One pit show and tickets on the floor by the sound board last Friday night in Chicago I moved way up on this ticket too. So let these folks leave early and let the true fan take that space.. smiling smiley I ain't complaining!!!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:44

I consider anyone who leaves early to have more money than sense.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 4, 2013 16:31

mighty stork
The Sicilian
For a lot of people the show is essentially over after "Midnight Rambler."

The rest is for the fanatics, the sing a longs and fist pumpers.

Ok I will put a timeline on it, several left the building right after Can't You Hear Me Knocking which was the 10th song in out of 22. And that's before Midnight Rambler.

Perhaps these were people with the $85s, who really only paid for 40% of the show?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 4, 2013 20:18

stonesrule
I consider anyone who leaves early to have more money than sense.

Sometimes you just have better things to do...Sheryl was very screechy...

Posted by: mysticale ()
Date: June 4, 2013 23:01

Hell, I feel that old age has actually saved me from the horrors of having to pull out early during a favored show. It was back when I had the judgmental teenage SITTER at home waiting to see just how buzzed we looked & we still had to drive her home that we sometimes had to consider leaving earlier than we had planned on.

This was especially the case when the bands we went to see in those years were backstage getting high for the show and no longer gave a damn what time the tickets claimed they would be hitting the stage themselves.

Posted by: admorgan ()
Date: June 5, 2013 05:37

Left early twice during last song (out of 20 odd shows), hate doing it but in each case I had a red eye flight the next day and needed to get to an airport hotel before public transit stopped (in Europe).

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 05:57

Who cares, move up and get a different perspective.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 5, 2013 06:59

I suggest staying till it's over, walk towards the top, light a smoke and DARE someone to show you the fast way out.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1184
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home