Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Izzy Stradlin & the Ju Ju Hounds
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: March 12, 2005 22:00

What a great album. This came out in 1992, and some songs have a very Stonesy feel to them. No wonder, as guests on the CD include Ian McLagan, Nicky Hopkins, and Ron Wood, who plays guitar & sings on Izzy's version of "Take A Look at the Guy". The lead guitarist is Rick Richards (from the Georgia Satellites).

This is a MUCH better album than Slash's later "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere", and it's obvious that when Izzy left GnR, he basically took the wind out of their sails. What a shame, as some of these tracks would've helped make the "Use Your Illusion" set a true classic.

Re: Izzy Stradlin & the Ju Ju Hounds
Posted by: gwen ()
Date: March 12, 2005 22:36

I agree - I really love this album. Izzy, the great Black Crowes from Southern... and Keith's Main Offender were all touring Europe around december'92 - and I missed all these three shows (too young, no car, no driving licence...). I still regret this. I have the bootleg from Izzy's Paris show and it just makes me sad every time I listen to it - especially as Izzy's other records were not that good. 1992 was really a good year for r'n'r. Too bad Izzy seems scared every time something gets big - like Velvet Revolver.

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: March 12, 2005 23:28

Izzy is a great songwriter too. If you look at Guns and Roses song credits you will notice that the name Stradlin pops up a lot and on some of the better tunes.
A long time ago, a friend and I saw G&R at Spac at Saratoga state park in upstate N.Y. We were having a few beers outside the park hours before they started to let people into the gates. As we were enjoying the park and a few cold ones, I noticed this guy riding a cheap beat up bike.He had a show pass hanging around his neck and at that very moment he tripped on something and fell over. I noticed that it was Izzy. He got up with this smirk on his face kinda of embarrassed. My friend and I acknowledged his presence and he waved backed and said hello. Really no big deal. He just got up brushed himself off and away he went slowly riding along. Here he was,hours before the show just riding his bike in the park enjoying it all by himself. One would get the impression that he was not into the big crazy star trip that was engulfing G&R at that time. I would guess that he might be a very private person. Too bad really when he could be with Velvet Revolver making that great band even better. Maybe Scott Weiland reminds Izzy of some other singer from the past!

Posted by: Berlin ()
Date: March 13, 2005 19:57

Get the live -version of Jiving Sister Fanny from these guys. It`s a killer!

Posted by: R ()
Date: March 13, 2005 23:42

" Get the live -version of Jiving Sister Fanny from these guys. It`s a killer! "

I saw them perform it in a 300 seat club. Great night had by all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2504
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home