Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

EOMS 33 & 1/3
Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: March 10, 2005 21:10

The 33 & 1/3 book series examines classic rock albums, with a chosen author for each album providing a detailed account of the album's making and its impact upon its time. The Rolling Stones' Exile on Main Street will be the subject of a May, 2005 release. The author is Bill Janovitz, a member of the band Buffalo Tom.

from Amazon.com

"Product Description:
Tracing the creation of Exile on Main St. from the original songwriting done while touring America through the final editing in Los Angeles, Bill Janovitz explains how an album recorded by a British band in a villa on the French Riviera is pure American rock & roll. Looking at each song individually, Janovitz unveils the innovative recording techniques, personal struggles, and rock & roll mythmaking that culminated in this pivotal album"

Anybody out there familiar with this 33 1/3 series? They have chosen a very good bunch of discs, including bands like the Kinks, Neil Young, Joy Division, My Bloody Valentine, the Beach Boys, and Elvis Costello. Any info much appreciated.

karl

'Don’t forget, if you’re on your bike, wear white'

Re: EOMS 33 & 1/3
Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 31, 2013 04:27

This guy just did a new book, no? I think it is called Rocks Off about 50 Stones' songs.............

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 31, 2013 04:55

stonesstein
This guy just did a new book, no? I think it is called Rocks Off about 50 Stones' songs.............

Exactly. I didn't read none of his books, but here's a glimpse of Rocks Off:

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: October 31, 2013 05:06

I just read Rocks Off. It doesn't reveal a whole lot of new information except that it recognizes a handful of lesser talked about tracks. I enjoyed it.
T@3

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 31, 2013 10:08

He's a very good writer. BIG STonesfan too. Worthy stuff!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1373
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home