Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones should be given special dispensation to smoke on stage at Hyde Park
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 25, 2013 00:13

Our beloved heroes are getting on and this is an open air performance, the Stones should be allowed to.smoke on stage. I am a non smoker and this would not bother me at all. Keef and Ronnie having a ciggie on stage was such an integral part of their performance. Mick Taylor could join in too. Boris Johnson the major of London is a fan, agreeing to this should be a walk in the park.

Re: The Stones should be given special dispensation to smoke on stage at Hyde Park
Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: May 25, 2013 01:09

They are the Rolling Stones. Rules/Laws don't and shouldn't apply.

In Anaheim, I saw a guy in the audience get nearly tackled for smoking a cigarette (not a joint) while Keef and Ronnie were puffing away on stage. LOL.

Blaze on!

Re: The Stones should be given special dispensation to smoke on stage at Hyde Park
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 25, 2013 01:15

Right on! In a way for everyone to honor the Stones all the fans should be required to smoke through the entire concert too!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 25, 2013 02:01

What ? You are not allowed to smoke in Hyde Park ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: May 25, 2013 02:24

of course they will smoke! What show in what venue has the ban stopped them?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 25, 2013 02:39

one more cigarette and another nail in the coffin.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 25, 2013 02:40

We smoke anywhere man!

Posted by: nick ()
Date: May 25, 2013 02:45

Let them break the law like everyone else.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: May 25, 2013 07:30

Silver Dagger
We smoke anywhere man!

I think Keith will be smoking no matter what

[sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net]

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 25, 2013 12:12

As in Glasgow on the last tour when keith got fined for smoking, they will incur a petty three figured sum, which is no doubt already accounted for. Yet another ridiculous health and safety ruling.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 25, 2013 12:16

So that many young fans see them smoking on stage and think that smoking is cool? I don't think so. Marlborough has got enough advertising already. Smoking kills, like it or not.

Bjornulf

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 25, 2013 12:21

crumbling_mice
As in Glasgow on the last tour when Keith got fined for smoking, they will incur a petty three figured sum, which is no doubt already accounted for. Yet another ridiculous health and safety ruling.

That attempt to fine Keith was revoked, actually -
the venue was designated an outdoor venue even though there was a partial roof,
and at least at that time the law allowed smoking outdoors even in public places.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 25, 2013 13:30

bv
So that many young fans see them smoking on stage and think that smoking is cool? I don't think so. Marlborough has got enough advertising already. Smoking kills, like it or not.

Finally one feature with the Stones you are not alright with! winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 25, 2013 13:42

Keith is the worst advertisement for smoking, ever. He's 69 and looks 100. It's horrible to think that people take it up to emulate him who will later lose their health and lives as a result.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: May 25, 2013 16:31

The Mayor of Toronto has started a petition to let them smoke when ever they want.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 25, 2013 16:41

virgil
The Mayor of Toronto has started a petition to let them smoke when ever they want.

Has he added whatever they want as well?

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: May 25, 2013 16:48

I get disappointed to see Keith, Ronnie, and Mick Taylor smoking. I know that any damage that is going to be done has already been done, but I'd like to pretend they're going to last forever.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2156
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home