Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick Jagger plans family fun at Glastonbury
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 22, 2013 20:00

Silver Dagger
Beast
Can't fool us, Mick - we know what you'll really be doing is GLAMPING cool smiley

Love it. Not sure what glamping is but I've got a pretty good idea. eye popping smiley

Ok I give up...
My best guess was "when glam rockers go camping"... but [lmgtfy.com]

Glamping, a portmanteau for “glamorous camping,” takes the great outdoors and adds indoor conveniences like air conditioning, private ...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 22, 2013 20:00

Silver Dagger

Mick's been camping. You can say that again!!!

He once said he bought a castle in the Val de Loire cos he camped there as a teenager.
Good thing he never camped in the Bois de Boulogne... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 22, 2013 20:21

What's the source for the John Lennon quote?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 22, 2013 20:42

CindyC
What exactly is a "yurt"?

A traditional Mongolian yurt................

A Western take .... .................smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 20:43 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 22, 2013 20:54

A yurt is a favourite thing to go glamping in.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 22, 2013 21:08

stonesrule

It's not actually specific to the dancing between Mick and Billy in '75/'76.........it's from a Rolling Stone interview with Jan Wenner in '71 or '72......John said he liked HTW but thought Mick's fag dancing was a joke..........(I think it was HTW anyway)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 21:09 by EddieByword.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 22, 2013 21:15

The Glastonbury experience will be most interesting. I will start the travel early week, Wednesday, be on a coach in UK by Thursday 4am, then spend four - 4 - days on a field so that I can get 2 hours or so of the Stones. Isle of Wight was easy. Glastonbury will be harder. But when I am back home Sunday evening and dried up, it will be all worth it, and the week after I will tell my grandchildren about it. They are starting to understand a bit more about the power of the Stones by now. May be I will even buy the T-shirt, if it is nice!

But water? Who cares. You only get wet once. I will pretend I am a duck for four days.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 22, 2013 21:15

Reminds me of this joke:

A guy was sitting in a bar when a stranger
walked up to him and asked, "If you woke up
in the woods and scratched your butt
and felt vasoline, would you tell anyone?"

"Hell no!" the guy said.

The stranger then asked, "If you felt further into your
crack and pulled out a used condom, would you tell anyone?"

The man said, "Of course not."

"Wanna go camping?"

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 22, 2013 21:54

bv
The Glastonbury experience will be most interesting. I will start the travel early week, Wednesday, be on a coach in UK by Thursday 4am, then spend four - 4 - days on a field so that I can get 2 hours or so of the Stones. Isle of Wight was easy. Glastonbury will be harder. But when I am back home Sunday evening and dried up, it will be all worth it, and the week after I will tell my grandchildren about it. They are starting to understand a bit more about the power of the Stones by now. May be I will even buy the T-shirt, if it is nice!

But water? Who cares. You only get wet once. I will pretend I am a duck for four days.

I recommend to you and anyone going to catch the Rhythm Kings on the friday

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 22, 2013 22:19

dcba
Silver Dagger

He once said he bought a castle in the Val de Loire cos he camped there as a teenager.
Good thing he never camped in the Bois de Boulogne... >grinning smiley<

Joke of the day. smileys with beer>grinning smiley<

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 22, 2013 22:30

I will get my Hyde Park on 13/7 - can see:

Friday 12th July sees Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park celebrate a great evening of British songwriters as three of the country’s finest take to The Great Oak Stage. Grammy Award-winning legend Elton John and his Band will headline the day, with legendary former-Kinks frontman, Ray Davies and the outstanding Elvis Costello and the Imposters performing full sets.

Not too bad a warm-up for Saturday

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 22, 2013 22:33

Some of the Yurts at Glasto cost £3000 for the weekend! THey are very nice though and are fully furnished in Morrocan style etc, in their own field with lots of space around them and security to get in and out. There are cheapers ones but my guess is Mr Jagger will be in the better ones. Still, I;m going to spend a few hours tracking him down just to show him my 'Who The @#$%& IS Mick Jagger' T Shirt!

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: May 22, 2013 23:00

^ Those ultra-pricey yurts are usually offsite in fields owned by other farmers, unaffiliated to Glastonbury and a 20 odd minute walk away.

Hopefully they'll put Mick Taylor up in the tipi field where we are. The Master Musicians of Joujouka were there the last time.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 22, 2013 23:03

CaledonianGonzo
^ Those ultra-pricey yurts are usually offsite in fields owned by other farmers, unaffiliated to Glastonbury and a 20 odd minute walk away.

Hopefully they'll put Mick Taylor up in the tipi field where we are. The Master Musicians of Joujouka were there the last time.

The TiPi field always looks a really cool place to be...we're not far from that this year, up in Worthy View above the Stone Circle...bit if a hike to the main bit, but at least we get to park in the field next to the tent rather than carry our stuff for an hour from the main car parks!

Date: May 22, 2013 23:18

Yeah, it's great. In 2011 when we arrived on the Thursday it was about the last patch of green grass left on the site.

We had Worthy View booked as a back up if we failed to get a tipi, but yours truly was ready the second they went onsale to get one in the bag. Split between six people it's not too brutal an extravagance.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: May 22, 2013 23:19

Not to open another can of worms, but wonder if Keith plans to do the same with his family at Glastonbury?

Date: May 22, 2013 23:21

Reckon he'll be back up the road to Redlands while the fireworks are still going off.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 22, 2013 23:22

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 00:18

Baked beans.
When I read that, I had a vision of Bobby Brady putting his beans in his flashlight.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 23, 2013 03:51

Silver Dagger
The frontman said he was no stranger to camping and had been with his own children despite earning millions - although the weather was a little less unpredictable than the UK.

Out camping with David Bowie

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 23, 2013 03:56

stonesrule

Lennon Remembers
Wenner: What do you think of the Stones today?
Lennon: I think it's a lot of hype, you know. I like "Honky Tonk Woman" and I think Mick's a joke, with all that fag dancing. I always did. I enjoy him, you know, I'll go and see his films and all probably, like everybody else, but really, I think it's a joke.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 23, 2013 04:58

WindyHorses
stonesrule

Lennon Remembers
Lennon: I think it's a lot of hype, you know. I like "Honky Tonk Woman" and I think Mick's a joke, with all that fag dancing. I always did. I enjoy him, you know, I'll go and see his films and all probably, like everybody else, but really, I think it's a joke.
John had nothing good to say about anyone in Lennon Remembers.. It's a shame he never got to correct this record. How could anyone not like Mick? Seriously and Jagger loved The Beatles as much as any fan, attended their sessions too..Still this Glastonbury Festival seems like an awful mess in a far off place. Is this how The Brits have fun?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-23 05:01 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 23, 2013 05:44

DoomandGloom
WindyHorses
stonesrule

Lennon Remembers
John had nothing good to say about anyone in Lennon Remembers.. It's a shame he never got to correct this record. How could anyone not like Mick? Seriously and Jagger loved The Beatles as much as any fan, attended their sessions too..Still this Glastonbury Festival seems like an awful mess in a far off place. Is this how The Brits have fun?

That's what they said about Woodstock. It's a cool pace to play in the mud with lots of music. Charlie will be glad when it's over.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: May 23, 2013 09:57

In order to go camping, Mick needs a nice motorhome & a good driver! cool smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:08

The Rolling Stones' Mick and Mick to reunite atHyde Park

The Rolling Stones' return to Hyde Park will see them team up with former guitarist Mick Taylor, but there will be no reappearance of the white dress Mick Jagger wore at the original 1969 gig because he has lost it.

The band will be back in the park almost 44 years to the day since they played to thousands of fans just days after the death of founding member Brian Jones.

Jagger told Q Magazine he was looking forward to being joined on stage by Taylor, who made his debut at the first Hyde Park gig before he left in the 1970s to be replaced by Ronnie Wood.

He said: "I thought about this yesterday, how strange it will be to turn around on stage at Hyde Park and see Mick Taylor there again. But it's nice. He's playing very well."

The band's 1969 set was kicked off by Jagger, in his famous dress, reciting a Shelley poem in honour of Jones before thousands of butterflies were released on stage.

He said: "I lost that dress. It vanished years ago.

"I bought two for Hyde Park - a white one and an orange one. The orange one's in the Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I think."

[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:27

Didn't I read not so long ago an interview saying that he still had the orange one and he could still fit into it?

Anyway, I think I agree with Mick that the Mr Fish dress would be one Hyde Park recreation too many. And the Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Butterflies wouldn't like that part of the programme either.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:29

DoomandGloom

an awful mess in a far off place. Is this how The Brits have fun?

...Yep; it is.
Do also check out Amsterdam, some of the Greek islands, most destinations of low-fare airlines and/or rather cheap charters... etc. in that respect -
you'll see!!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 23, 2013 12:18

triceratops
Silver Dagger
The frontman said he was no stranger to camping and had been with his own children despite earning millions - although the weather was a little less unpredictable than the UK.

Out camping with David Bowie

Obviously at Camp David!!!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 23, 2013 14:28

bv

This made me smile - 'dried up'. In English that is for a lake or river that used to have water, but no longer does. It's also used to describe the loss of talent.

An object that has gotten soaked in the rain or a recovering alcoholic needs to 'dry out'.

What you are looking for is 'dried off' - your body no longer being wet.

Hope you have a great time, despite the weather!

Posted by: CalGonz ()
Date: May 23, 2013 14:37

Though leaving on the Sunday morning after the Stones have played is crackers. Missing out on a whole load of delights, musical and otherwise.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1520
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home