Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor's Next Album?
Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: May 19, 2013 19:54

I am really curious and anxious as to what his next album will be after this tour is over? Plenty of great exposure for him!

Re: Mick Taylor's Next Album?
Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 19:58

My feeling is that if the Stones do some new material, he might have a hand in it contributing a solo or some licks here and there maybe. As for another solo record, I'm not sure. I think something with the Stones might come first.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: May 19, 2013 20:01

He's certainly going to be able to tour bigger venues for more money after all this exposure.

Date: May 19, 2013 20:15

ohnonotyouagain
He's certainly going to be able to tour bigger venues for more money after all this exposure.

This is the break he needed to get his career kick started again! I am sure Ronnie and Keith will help out on his solo album this time. He has soloed for them pn their albums in the past.

Date: May 19, 2013 20:19

PhillyFAN
I am really curious and anxious as to what his next album will be after this tour is over? Plenty of great exposure for him!

The Stones should re-instate him! He should finish his career with the Stones where he belongs!

Date: May 19, 2013 20:23

JumpinJackOLantern
PhillyFAN

The Stones should re-instate him! He should finish his career with the Stones where he belongs!

I agree but sadly I son't think that will happen. It would be incredible though. I would love to see it.

Date: May 19, 2013 20:39

PhillyFAN
JumpinJackOLantern
PhillyFAN

I agree but sadly I son't think that will happen. It would be incredible though. I would love to see it.

The Stones are awesome without Taylor, but are Super Awesome with him! It's as simple as that. Now, they just need to hire Bob Dylan to write and we will definitely throttle the Beatles once and for all!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:49

JumpinJackOLantern

The Stones are awesome without Taylor, but are Super Awesome with him! It's as simple as that.

Can you write the same sentence without any use of the word awesome? You have 3 minutes...

Posted by: steini ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:02

"Can you write the same sentence without any use of the word awesome? You have 3 minutes..."

No i am so sorry i canĀ“t

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:10

JumpinJackOLantern
PhillyFAN
JumpinJackOLantern
PhillyFAN

The Stones are awesome without Taylor, but are Super Awesome with him! It's as simple as that. Now, they just need to hire Bob Dylan to write and we will definitely throttle the Beatles once and for all!

what if they also hired clapton and tom waits? they would definitely beat the beatles then, right? four guitar lineup with clapton/taylor/woods/richards, four songwriters - clapton, dylan, jagger, richards, and two singers - jagger and waits. they could really give the beatles a shot!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:22

Wouldn't it be hilarious if all members of The Stones contribute to a new Mick Taylor solo record, but only with each Stone on different tracks, the way the former Beatles did with Ringo's 1974 solo album?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:24

stonehearted
Wouldn't it be hilarious if all members of The Stones contribute to a new Mick Taylor solo record, but only with each Stone on different tracks, the way the former Beatles did with Ringo's 1974 solo album?

i don't recall hilarity about that album. but i wasn't much for laughing in '74 what with watergate and the war and stuff...

Date: May 20, 2013 00:32

GRNRBITW
stonehearted

i don't recall hilarity about that album. but i wasn't much for laughing in '74 what with watergate and the war and stuff...

But the weed was cheaper than gasoline. Surely you must have been grinning through it all at least some of the time.

Date: May 20, 2013 00:34

stonehearted
GRNRBITW
stonehearted

But the weed was cheaper than gasoline. Surely you must have been grinning through it all at least some of the time.

war, watergate and weed...where have all the good times gone?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:43

GRNRBITW
stonehearted

What about 1973... when the album ACTUALLY came out?

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: May 20, 2013 00:46

jamesfdouglas
GRNRBITW
stonehearted

Snap again...too much snapness for an atheist!

Date: May 20, 2013 00:47

jamesfdouglas
GRNRBITW
stonehearted

oh. yeah it was funny then...but the laughter quickly abated....

Date: May 20, 2013 00:48

I would like to think Taylor would record an all Stones songs album as a follow up to this tour for all his fans that wanted to hear him play om some of the songs. I am sure he would do well and make some money!

Date: May 20, 2013 00:50

jamesfdouglas
GRNRBITW
stonehearted

Okay, if you want to be precise about it--but 1973 was almost over when the album was released that November. I've always associated the album with 1974--because some of the singles from the record spilled over into that year, and that was the year when the album's sales and chart positioning peaked.

Also, the Ringo album was counted among the international year-end charts for 1974 (including for Canada), rather than for 1973.

It's like Band On The Run--released in 1973, but didn't make much of a dent until 1974.

And what about 1973, you ask? Well, I imagine the weed was even cheaper still.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 00:59 by stonehearted.

Date: May 20, 2013 01:00

stonehearted
jamesfdouglas
GRNRBITW
stonehearted

Okay, if you want to be precise about it--but 1973 was almost over when the album was released that November. I've always associated the album with 1974--because some of the singles from the record spilled over into that year, and that was the year when the album's sales and chart positioning peaked.

Also, the Ringo album was counted among the international year-end charts for 1974 (including for Canada), rather than for 1973.

It's like Band On The Run--released in 1973, but didn't make much of a dent until 1974.

I just finished mowing all the weed at the ranch here...are you suggesting its worth something now?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:20

Hahaha!

Fair enough, U2's Achtung Baby was also November 1991, but the tour, hype and successful singles were 1992.

Pardon my Godless in the Snapway...
smoking smiley

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: May 20, 2013 01:43

Munichhilton
stonehearted
jamesfdouglas
GRNRBITW
stonehearted

I just finished mowing all the weed at the ranch here...are you suggesting its worth something now?

Well, if you're selling, I'm buying.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 20, 2013 03:36

ohnonotyouagain

I doubt it. He still isn't well known, and we are all going crazy over him, but most folks have no idea who he is/was...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 07:41 by whitem8.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 20, 2013 03:39

PhillyFAN

He will probably appear on the live album from this tour - that will be the next one.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 20, 2013 03:44

Mick Taylor's next album should be a Rolling Stones album.

Date: May 20, 2013 03:46

stonehearted
Munichhilton
stonehearted
jamesfdouglas
GRNRBITW
stonehearted

Well, if you're selling, I'm buying.

OK, but....Ok....but....this stuff?.....OK....but....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home