Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: Bitch about Dave Grohl with the Rolling Stones
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 20, 2013 16:38

sonomastone
dcba
His great fear is that after 2013 Jagger keeps on rocking on a stage... with guys half his age.

i don't think he fears that... jagger has tried that over and over again. hasn't worked out too well.

Simply ridiculous idea...I'm starting to think dcba is a giraffe with thumbs...

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 20, 2013 16:41

you shouldn't talk about giraffes like that.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 20, 2013 16:46

Natlanta
you shouldn't talk about giraffes like that.

It hurts me too, but I think I'm right...

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 20, 2013 16:52

it's not as easy for them as it might seem.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 20, 2013 16:54

I want Dave's guitar.

Can I have it Dave?

Please.

Re: The Rolling Stones with Dave Grohl - Bitch
Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:45

latebloomer
Back in town and just getting caught up and I gotta say..no, no, no folks...sorry, but I do not like this one at all. Loud, heavy, thrashing is not the way I like the Stones and that's what Grohl brings to this Bitch.

your illness seems to have returned the proper functioning of your senses. and I really like the NEGATIVE attitude you've brought along! yay!!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:53

GRNRBITW
latebloomer
Back in town and just getting caught up and I gotta say..no, no, no folks...sorry, but I do not like this one at all. Loud, heavy, thrashing is not the way I like the Stones and that's what Grohl brings to this Bitch.

your illness seems to have returned the proper functioning of your senses. and I really like the NEGATIVE attitude you've brought along! yay!!

Well after all it's a Bitch grinning smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 21, 2013 00:07

NICOS
GRNRBITW
latebloomer

Well after all it's a Bitch grinning smiley

Trust the non english speaker to pick up on that one...cool smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 21, 2013 00:14

Rock and Roll shall not have a narrow definition

Date: May 21, 2013 00:16

Max'sKansasCity

Okie dokie, Max. smileys with beer

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 21, 2013 00:16

Max'sKansasCity

Corinthians 3:25

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 21, 2013 01:22

TMONTANA's post really pissed me off. Have Grohl for every song and wheel Keith out for his two song spot. What a fan of the Rolling Stones that he wants a dis-jointed grunge solo on every Stones song. i will give you the energy and it worked for Bitch but every song no!!! Keith is doing fine. Grohl has made such a contribution to rock music compared with Keith Richards I think NOT!!! Not even close. Fine as a guest but that is it!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 21, 2013 01:26

slew
TMONTANA's post really pissed me off. Have Grohl for every song and wheel Keith out for his two song spot. What a fan of the Rolling Stones that he wants a dis-jointed grunge solo on every Stones song. i will give you the energy and it worked for Bitch but every song no!!! Keith is doing fine. Grohl has made such a contribution to rock music compared with Keith Richards I think NOT!!! Not even close. Fine as a guest but that is it!

Dont let anyone get to you, most likely these comments, and comments similar to it (bashing everyone from God to Ronnie) are more than likely directed at other posters here and inspired by skirmishes which occured on other threads, and may/probably seem unfairly meanspirited when viewed by noncombatants. I doubt anyone really feels that way about the Great Keith Richards... but as long as people insist on bashing people/artist/players/groups, and as long as that is allowed here, there will probably be more of these types of comments.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 01:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 21, 2013 01:33

slew

anyone who knows the stones knows that the band doesn't exist without keith. if they don't think so, then they don't know the stones. so i wouldn't worry.

Date: May 21, 2013 01:34

i hate keith richards and always have. i have my reasons.

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: May 21, 2013 01:51

slew
No need to get pissed off,you don't agree fine,and l would agree with you at one point in their careers,Keith indeed was the soul of the band,but now days he is just an albatross around their necks,holding them back,and what DG showed was that The Rolling Stones still can rock with the best IF they are pushed,but with Keith in auto pilot,trying so damn hard to remember the chords to his own songs is actually pitiful,just look at the joy in Mick's face,he even shared the mic with Dave,when was the last time he did that with Keith........
Now start with the insults.....winking smiley

Date: May 21, 2013 01:54

i love dave grohl. always have.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:07

Keith has been doing really well this tour. Steady and focused. He hits a few bum notes. Yeah, that is Keith. And that is The Stones, and has been their entire career. The world's biggest garage band. But I have to admit, that Keith really has done well this tour, and is sounding much better than he did on the ABB tour. Keith and Mick are The Stones, Dave Grohl was a guest, and a fan, and could never replace Keith. Keith doesn't need to be wheeled anywhere, the man is 70 years old and doing mighty fine. Grohl is a pup, and probably still working being house broken. His contribution was fun, and sounded cool. But he is no Rolling Stone.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:13

TMONTANA
slew
No need to get pissed off,you don't agree fine,and l would agree with you at one point in their careers,Keith indeed was the soul of the band,but now days he is just an albatross around their necks,holding them back,and what DG showed was that The Rolling Stones still can rock with the best IF they are pushed,but with Keith in auto pilot,trying so damn hard to remember the chords to his own songs is actually pitiful,just look at the joy in Mick's face,he even shared the mic with Dave,when was the last time he did that with Keith........

just wondering,which show were you at?

Date: May 21, 2013 02:36

lem motlow
TMONTANA
slew

just wondering,which show were you at?
Well LM wonder no more,l have not been to any of the shows in this tour,nor l am inclined to attend any of them,Why? you ask,l refuse to pay what they are charging,a total rip off in my book,and your next question probably is,how dare l give my opinion about shows that l have not seen in person?? my answer is YOU TUBE....winking smiley

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:37

Dave Grohl. Jeez. Say goodnight, Dave. Goodnight Gracie.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:42

GRNRBITW

but do you have reasons?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:49

sonomastone
GRNRBITW

but do you have reasons?

I'm really curious about the answer ...always interested why someone loves someone..........grinning smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:54

always interested why someone loves someone....Okay Nicos pleeeeeeze let us know when ya find out

ROCKMAN

Date: May 21, 2013 03:06

Rockman
always interested why someone loves someone....Okay Nicos pleeeeeeze let us know when ya find out

Good question...the four tops probably have the best answer.

NICO, you're in a funny mood today, eh? grinning smiley

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 21, 2013 03:10

stonehearted
LeonidP
melillo
dave grohl talks shit about keith in the lemmy doc and then goes up there and plays with him, hypocrite!

Not a hypocrite, by any means ... Dave explained this very clearly ... back in the late 90s when Foo opened up for the Stones, Dave was very excited to meet the legends, only to find that they didn't want to meet him. Foos weren't allowed anywhere near the band, had to be in a separate section for parking, did not get to go backstage etc. He was extremely disappointed!

In contrast, Dave Grohl always meets the guys from the opening bands for Foo Fighters, hangs out w/ them before the shows, drinking/doing shots ... and in many cases becomes lifelong friends w/ them.

Anyway, I assume that when he played w/ Mick on SNL, that broke the ice w/ the band and now he has gotten to know them. He was annoyed by the Stones before, he got over it. You call it hypocrisy, I call it moving on...

Then why in the Lemmy doc is he lashing out only at Keith and not at Mick? Answer: Because Keith has always spoken dismissively of Nirvana, labeling Cobain as a "lunatic" and Nirvana's music as "crap". Besides, in that touring situation in the late 90s, surely it's Mick calling the shots just as much regarding keeping the opening acts at a distance. Also, in the Lemmy doc Grohl says that the only rock legend he cared about meeting was Little Richard. So, I say:

"F^ck Dave Grohl, f^ck all those dudes who so thrived in the nineties. Touring around with empty sets, living up their punk-rocker reputation as they guest with rock legends on the most expensive ticket in music. You know what Richards is doing? Richards is... probably drinking vodka and orange and writing another Winos record!"

one of the best posts ever on this forum, sound logic and perfect explanation
smileys with beer

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 21, 2013 03:33

tomcasagranda
Wonder what he'll be like doing Fortunate Son with Fogerty ?

God they would rip that song up. In a good way.

Date: May 21, 2013 03:38

Here is DG,and JJ,HE ROCKS....
"

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 21, 2013 03:40

TMONTANA - You tube cell phone videos that is a great way to base your opinion. Try going to a show or get a real recording and then someone might listen to you.

Date: May 21, 2013 03:44

slew
TMONTANA - You tube cell phone videos that is a great way to base your opinion. Try going to a show or get a real recording and then someone might listen to you.
Well slew,thank you for that insightful suggestion,so since l have not been to any of the shows ,according to you l can't give my opinion,great man, will try to follow your advice..you are the best...Peace... winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 03:44 by TMONTANA.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2151
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home