Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick and L'Wren talk about designing Mick's stage outfits (in WWD)
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 00:48

Re: Mick and L'Wren talk about designing Mick's stage outfits (in WWD)
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 19, 2013 01:57

Nice article.
Her designs are working very nicely for the tour it seems.

The gorilla cape must be a bit warm though....

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 19, 2013 01:58

Hmm...after reading this article all I can say I find here. The word fop also comes to mind.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 19, 2013 02:05

those frilly nylon panties right up tight.
Dearly love the Kinks.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 19, 2013 02:12

Mick seems to love his funny hats...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 02:14 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 02:50

Love him with Lwren.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 19, 2013 03:54

Aaaah! I really didn't like the black-and-white outfit he wore to open the show in London (and I assume elsewhere), but now I know it was based on those early houndstooth-check jackets from their early years, and they were opening with I Wanna Be Your Man, it all makes sense!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 19, 2013 04:35

Quoted from the interview:

"Scott, who has designed costumes for Jagger in the past (an entirely separate team, unrelated to her, takes care of the rest of the band"

I would have thought that Keith was wearing his regular clothes on this tour; it doesn't look like he needs help to pick up his stage clothes; he just keeps the ones he already has on!
Rock and roll,
mops

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 19, 2013 06:32

[fashion.telegraph.co.uk]

keith's stage attire is YSL. Bohemian chic or something. it's a look.

Date: May 19, 2013 06:33

The 69-year-old's tour wardrobe will consist of a waistcoat and café racer jacket, both aptly named 'Keith', silk scarves and T-shirts, both long and short sleeved, should Keith trouble wardrobe-wise with the change in climate when touring.

Fans can forget about buying a band T-shirt from the tour merchandise stands, for Keith's high-fashion grunge aesthetic will soon be available to purchase. The 'Keith' jacket from Saint Laurent Stage Wear by Hedi Slimane will be available online shortly, retailing at $4,850 (£3116). The rest of the collection will follow online and in stores worldwide.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 19, 2013 06:35

Rokyfan
The 69-year-old's tour wardrobe will consist of a waistcoat and café racer jacket, both aptly named 'Keith', silk scarves and T-shirts, both long and short sleeved, should Keith trouble wardrobe-wise with the change in climate when touring.

Fans can forget about buying a band T-shirt from the tour merchandise stands, for Keith's high-fashion grunge aesthetic will soon be available to purchase. The 'Keith' jacket from Saint Laurent Stage Wear by Hedi Slimane will be available online shortly, retailing at $4,850 (£3116). The rest of the collection will follow online and in stores worldwide.

wow i thought you were joking. but that's actually what it says. can't imagine why he would do something like that.

Date: May 19, 2013 06:43

you will soon be able to buy genuine KR/YSL tshirts,scarves,headbands, etc. the same ones the man himself wears on stage (at least theoretically you will be able to buy them. There's no price list yet, other than the $4,800 jacket).

Probably the cheapest items will be fishing lures for the hair, marked down from the ABB tour.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 19, 2013 06:52

nope....Keith Richards is wearing Yves St. Laurent designed by Hedi Slimane.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 19, 2013 07:26

...and shoes by "Da Stones"

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 19, 2013 11:05

THIS is where I miss the old days, when he actually wore clothes that were his own idea and not picked out by a stylist. And therefore 100% more interesting.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 19, 2013 11:10

In remembrance of L'Wren Scott · April 28, 1964 – March 17, 2014.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 00:55 by Irix.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: May 19, 2013 11:27

Rokyfan
you will soon be able to buy genuine KR/YSL tshirts,scarves,headbands, etc. the same ones the man himself wears on stage (at least theoretically you will be able to buy them. There's no price list yet, other than the $4,800 jacket).

Probably the cheapest items will be fishing lures for the hair, marked down from the ABB tour.
This is Whacked, There is not a pair of Jeans in The Universe Worth More Than $30.00 US or a Shirt Worth More Than $20.00 US, Especially with Clothing Factories in Bangladesh Burning and Collapsing at an Alarming Rate, I prefer to see the Stones perform in Clothing Purchased at Goodwill, 2nd Hand Stores, or Clothing Donated By The Mother Theresa Foundation.

Date: May 19, 2013 14:23

Rip This
nope....Keith Richards is wearing Yves St. Laurent designed by Hedi Slimane.

This video came to my mind when reading this article about Keith's designed stage wear. I always found it funny. Things changed apparently.

But I doubt it was his idea, that he he was looking for a designer. It sounds more like the YSL people approached him and the whole band for the mentioned 'Saint Laurent Music Project'.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:28

That oversized houndstooth jacket and hat make me cringe with embarrassment. But I love the simple black shirt and black trousers Mick has been wearing on this tour, reprising what he wore on the 1969 tour.

L'Wren is so elegant and beautiful - a real goddess.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:38

Irix
"..... Yes, Mommy!"

I love this photo. Mick likes to work with a ladder.
Actually I quite like her. She's interesting with her antiques talk and designing really nice outfits for Mick this tour. And Rick doing Mick's t-shirts.
I like to read interviews with her and her stories, she seems smart- putting her career first.
She seems so much more intelligent than Jerry.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:19

"I grew up listening to Muddy Waters and Howlin’ Wolf and lots of blues, R&B and Motown."
..................................................................................................................... L'Wren Scott

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:32

WindyHorses
Irix
"..... Yes, Mommy!"

I love this photo. Mick likes to work with a ladder.
Actually I quite like her. She's interesting with her antiques talk and designing really nice outfits for Mick this tour. And Rick doing Mick's t-shirts.
I like to read interviews with her and her stories, she seems smart- putting her career first.
She seems so much more intelligent than Jerry.

his expression is that of a little boy proudly greeting his mum

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 27, 2013 06:56

I watched the new Michael-Douglas-starring HBO film about Liberace, and couldn't help notice that in the last scene Liberace is wearing a big, um, white ostrich feather cape.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2381
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home