Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12
Re: Anaheim-2 May 18 Stones show live updates
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 19, 2013 11:52

canadian.sway
I must fully back what Dave Grohl says in that brief clip for the Lemmy trailer. Look at those who live the 'image' of the rough edged rocker and look at who actually lives it. Look who makes music and tours constantly and look at who relies on re-invigorating their past and relying on others.

I do love Keith as a musician and song writer, But the man has issues with being a caricature of who he once was.

Could be but I just DL'ed a 2013 Motorhead gig and it's appalling : it's "geriatric metal", no less.
So in the end there's no diff. between living the rock life and faking it when you're in your 60's...

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: May 19, 2013 11:56

You Got The Silver: better then I expected!

Nice vocals and Thank you Ronnie Wood!!

Tom

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 19, 2013 12:16

sabata
You got the silver

Lovely. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 19, 2013 12:27

sabata
You got the silver

Very good sound and great song but if I'm honest I must say that Keith seems somehow slow or like he is lacking energy.

I guess the age and the rolling years are finally taking its toll.

Ronnie looks much younger and energetic.

I hope Keith takes all the necessary vitamins, I mean the real vitamins.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 19, 2013 12:34

rollingon
sabata
You got the silver

Very good sound and great song but if I'm honest I must say that Keith seems somehow slow or like he is lacking energy.

I guess the age and the rolling years are finally taking its toll.

Ronnie looks much younger and energetic.

I hope Keith takes all the necessary vitamins, I mean the real vitamins.

It's a slow song anyway...

Ronnie's doing great here but did they rehearse it before playing on stage?

Posted by: Mojoworkin ()
Date: May 19, 2013 12:34

From where I was I thought Keith gave YGTS a lot of heart and his vocals sounded great too...it thought it was very touching the way he and Ronnie played together and then hugged like brothers in the end.

My third show this tour and I loved every minute of each! smiling smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 19, 2013 12:39

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 19, 2013 12:46

Dave Grohl is tiresome...all that flapping about for very little musically and what he does play is not suited to Bitch. I wasn't aware of his comments about Keith but if that's the case why the @#$%& did they let him be last night's special pest?

Let's face it Grohl will turn up to the opening of a super market if invited so not such a big attraction. Hopefully once the Stones get out of California we will see some decent guests.

Date: May 19, 2013 12:56

crumbling_mice
Dave Grohl is tiresome...all that flapping about for very little musically and what he does play is not suited to Bitch. I wasn't aware of his comments about Keith but if that's the case why the @#$%& did they let him be last night's special pest?

Let's face it Grohl will turn up to the opening of a super market if invited so not such a big attraction. Hopefully once the Stones get out of California we will see some decent guests.

I agree totally, very odd choices for guests so far, they should pick up some real ARTISTS for guests, not some mediocre "wanna be a rock star or pop star" types. If not some real artists, then it would be better to be without guests.

Grohl's singing was awful, and his playing had nothing to do with the song.

Keith looked btw absolutely bored during the song.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 19, 2013 13:03

sabata
Bitch
[www.youtube.com]

Dave Grohl was awesome on this song!! He deserves more! The Stones need to have Dave playing 3-4 songs every night, he could really take it all up a notch. Wouldnt that be awesome if he toured with them? Maybe someone should start a petition, or Facebook page, to get more Dave Grohl on this tour.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 19, 2013 13:06

This is how the Stones should always sound! Really good performance. Leaves Keith without a job, of course- Ronnie seems to be able to keep up.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 19, 2013 13:07

Max - you are being silly. Stop it, it's not big and it;s not clever. We all know Grohl is a hypocrit of the highest order and unworthy of a place on the same stage as the Stones.

Date: May 19, 2013 13:07

Can we get a sticky thread asking, no, DEMANDING more Dave Grohl on this tour?

Date: May 19, 2013 13:09

Lorenz
This is how the Stones should always sound! Really good performance. Leaves Keith without a job, of course- Ronnie seems to be able to keep up.

No man, Keith can still be there, doing his thing.... three guitars, it would be great with Dave up there for 4-5 songs!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 13:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 19, 2013 13:15

Max'sKansasCity
Lorenz

No man, Keith can still be there, doing his thing.... three guitars, it would be great with Dave up there for 4-5 songs!

I was just trying to point out how lost Keith looks these days, wouldn't really want him to leave the stage. I was actually really impressed at the 2nd London Gig in 2012, but the videos since then seem a bit lacklustre. Grohl really infuses some fresh energy here and lifts the performance. Best guest performance so far in my opinion - Taylor's contribution is more of nostalgic value compared.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 19, 2013 13:21

I'm as guilty as anyone else when it comes to bitching and moaning about this tour and the guests (specifically Katy Perry, John Mayer), but when you're there in the moment watching the live show - rather than dissecting some cell phone video looking for technical flaws - what you get is Dave's contagious enthusiasm. It raised the bar for the rest of the show.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: May 19, 2013 13:27

wow rocken

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: May 19, 2013 13:33

DeanGoodman
I'm as guilty as anyone else when it comes to bitching and moaning about this tour and the guests (specifically Katy Perry, John Mayer), but when you're there in the moment watching the live show - rather than dissecting some cell phone video looking for technical flaws - what you get is Dave's contagious enthusiasm. It raised the bar for the rest of the show.

I think the contagious enthusiasm comes through in the video... to be there feeling it live must have been spectacular.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 19, 2013 13:35

JumpinJeppeFlash
Anybody know if Keith played on you got the silver, or did Ronnie do the guitarpart?

Very good Ronnie job during YGTS, he purely leads the song. Keith good vocals, however he does not play anymore. He seems very slow, in good shape, but yes, very slow and a bit tired.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 13:37 by roby.

Date: May 19, 2013 13:40

DeanGoodman

You are right that there is enthusiasm which is great per se, just the singing and playing wasn't really great in my opinion.

On the other hand, Keith seems to be lacking energy, he seems a little bit tired, and not very emotionally involved somehow, I have been listening and watching to 81/82 shows and it's hard to believe we are talking about the same person. This lack of enthusiasm has been there since 89 (from time to time), there has not been a whole concert from beginning to end since 89, that Keith's involvement would have been 100%, In Jagger's case he can still be nearly 100% involved in one concert from beginning to end, which saves the situation for the Stones. Of course it's only human and very common that performance level declines after 40, there are also exceptional people who can keep their performance level at very high level even in their 70s and Jagger is obviously one of these people.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 19, 2013 13:50

That Dave Grohl really seems to bring Mick to life........it was the same with IORR on Saturday Night Live a while back.........

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 19, 2013 13:51

rollingon
DeanGoodman

You are right that there is enthusiasm which is great per se, just the singing and playing wasn't really great in my opinion.

On the other hand, Keith seems to be lacking energy, he seems a little bit tired, and not very emotionally involved somehow, I have been listening and watching to 81/82 shows and it's hard to believe we are talking about the same person. This lack of enthusiasm has been there since 89 (from time to time), there has not been a whole concert from beginning to end since 89, that Keith's involvement would have been 100%, In Jagger's case he can still be nearly 100% involved in one concert from beginning to end, which saves the situation for the Stones. Of course it's only human and very common that performance level declines after 40, there are also exceptional people who can keep their performance level at very high level even in their 70s and Jagger is obviously one of these people.

You're right. Keith does seem disengaged.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 19, 2013 13:56

drbryant
In all seriousness, though, I've always found it odd that people who can get so much enjoyment from repeated listenings to the same albums at home seem uninterested in hearing those same songs played live more than once.

In all seriousness, album "setlists" can't be changed, but live setlists are not engraved in stone...at least that's how it should be.

Posted by: sabata ()
Date: May 19, 2013 14:02

Front Row

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: May 19, 2013 14:03

You Got the Silver- beautiful. Ronnie played it so well, and I love that they used a different arrangement from the ABB tour. If Keith is barely going to strum his guitar, I wish he'd pull out the trenchcoat and ciggie, and really give the vocal everything like he did on the Shine a Light movie.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 19, 2013 14:09

I find it notable that nobody discusses the second half of the show, as if there's a implicit acknowledgement that it's purely going through the motions.
Enquiring minds want to know, how was Miss You?

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 19, 2013 14:15

SFTD... 3:26, Keith tries an approach... No, thanks guy.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 14:24

GrandToad
WindyHorses
What would Bill say?grinning smiley

He would say, "I got the silver"

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 19, 2013 14:25

Just Loved Bitch!!!

Grohls energy and enthusiasm @#$%& the Stones up... Just Great !!!
Thanks Dave.

Jeroen

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 19, 2013 14:27

roby
SFTD... 3:26, Keith tries an approach... No, thanks guy.

Wow. I am stunned how neutered SFTD is. The solo is down to a few notes over four bars or so. As an end to the main set it is shocking how little energy the performance has, as if they just wanted to get it over with.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1999
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home