Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ronnie in LA - May 16
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 18, 2013 03:42

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
marianna
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Yes, I take everything Ronnie Wood says literally because all of his statements have proven to be correct in the past.

Sigh.... as another Taylorite chimes in nasty stuff about Ronnie, I guess to make himself feel better because Mick Taylor quit the band, and will forever (maybe)(if he is lucky) be relegated to a 1 song guest spot with his former band, unless the Taylorites non stop begging can get him a bigger handout, more charity work, on two songs.

Then later the Taylorites claim they never talk shit about Ronnie, saying "wha wha wha, why does anyone talk shit about Micky Taylor?, it is so unfair, just because Taylor quit doesnt mean you can talk shit about him, we never say shit about Ronnie, except when we constantly do".

No one is talking smack about Ron Wood's guitar playing. A man who has said that Peter Green begged him to join Led Zeppelin and had to settle for Jimmy Page, and has said that more than once, and has also said he was at the Stones' Hyde Park concert in '69 when he couldn't possibly have been, may not always be the most consistently honest person. That's all that's being said.

Exactly. Any joke about Ronnie and one person gets hysterical. You could set your watch to it.

You dont seem to understand the meaning of of hysterical... but one thing you do understand, and love doing, is talking shit about Ronnie, no matter the thread or topic... like pavlovs dog.... You see Ronnie's name must make snarky comment while at the same time always being hyper-sensititve to anyone saying anything about your charity case, Mick Taylor.

Poor Mick Taylor, he cant even afford a guitar and amp, he has to go begging for one to play.

It's interesting how anything about Ron Wood must be replied to with nastiness about Mick Taylor, no matter how irrelevant to the topic or thread.

As interesting as you replying to anything about Ronnie Wood with a nasty comment?

You dont have to come into Ronnie Wood threads, I have started to avoid the seemingly endless supply of stupid, begging, praying, "lets make Mick Taylor a chairty case" threads... mainly to avoid the hyper sensitve Taylorites who love to bash Wood at every opportunity (while denying it as they do it), but whine incessantly when they perceive, or imagine, anyone saying anything about their precious Mick Taylor.

I will make a joke about whomever I want: You, me, Mick Taylor, Ron Wood, Jesus. As Mick Jagger said when given a hard time about the lyrics to the title track of Some Girls: "F u c k them if they can't take a joke". That's what I love about this band. A couple of people on this board, not so much.

Have a nice evening.

and then when the facts are presented... they say "Oh I was joking", Uh... Okey dokey.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 18, 2013 03:45

At least I dont make new IORR profiles so I can agree with myself.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 18, 2013 04:19

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: May 18, 2013 04:25

Sure Ronnie sure,if you had not slashed the prices you would be playing to empty houses,Keith Bullshit syndrome has infested Ronnie too.....

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 18, 2013 04:34

'I sure don't need the money", Wood stated. "I'm set for life!" Mick Taylor had an entirely different perspective when interviewed. "The high ticket prices were the only way The Stones could afford me", he stated. "They know where their bread is buttered on this tour, as do the fans."

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 18, 2013 08:53

I love those cool trainers Keith has on.
Sally is so lovely.
Patti too.smiling smiley

Date: May 18, 2013 11:47

marianna
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Yes, I take everything Ronnie Wood says literally because all of his statements have proven to be correct in the past.

Sigh.... as another Taylorite chimes in nasty stuff about Ronnie, I guess to make himself feel better because Mick Taylor quit the band, and will forever (maybe)(if he is lucky) be relegated to a 1 song guest spot with his former band, unless the Taylorites non stop begging can get him a bigger handout, more charity work, on two songs.

Then later the Taylorites claim they never talk shit about Ronnie, saying "wha wha wha, why does anyone talk shit about Micky Taylor?, it is so unfair, just because Taylor quit doesnt mean you can talk shit about him, we never say shit about Ronnie, except when we constantly do".

No one is talking smack about Ron Wood's guitar playing. A man who has said that Peter Green begged him to join Led Zeppelin and had to settle for Jimmy Page, and has said that more than once, and has also said he was at the Stones' Hyde Park concert in '69 when he couldn't possibly have been, may not always be the most consistently honest person. That's all that's being said.

Not Peter Green, Peter Grant! And it is probably true, as it wasn't LZ but a form of the late Yardbirds.

Date: May 18, 2013 11:54

TMONTANA
Sure Ronnie sure,if you had not slashed the prices you would be playing to empty houses,Keith Bullshit syndrome has infested Ronnie too.....

Empty houses, really... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 18, 2013 17:40

Ronnie and his eelskin sneakers caught the eye of some fashionistas.

[www.upscalehype.com]

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: May 18, 2013 17:53

Security man has a good grip on Ronnie-

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 18, 2013 18:14

DandelionPowderman
marianna
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

Not Peter Green, Peter Grant! And it is probably true, as it wasn't LZ but a form of the late Yardbirds.

Jimmy Page did very well in the last Yardbirds incarnation which I saw once. He even took out his violin bow and used it on his guitar which carried over into being an early LZ crowd pleaser

Ron Wood would have been approched to play bass in the formative Led Zeppelin due to the slamming job he did in the Jeff Beck group. Not be the guitarist instead of Jimmy Page. This is my take

Posted by: Beaver ()
Date: May 18, 2013 22:03

Mr Wood is joking too!

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 18, 2013 22:33

triceratops
DandelionPowderman
marianna
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

Jimmy Page did very well in the last Yardbirds incarnation which I saw once. He even took out his violin bow and used it on his guitar which carried over into being an early LZ crowd pleaser

Ron Wood would have been approched to play bass in the formative Led Zeppelin due to the slamming job he did in the Jeff Beck group. Not be the guitarist instead of Jimmy Page. This is my take

The only problem is that Ron claims that Peter Grant asked him to join New Yardbirds and when Ron turned it down, Grant "hired" Jimmy Page as their lead guitarist instead. Jimmy Page was already in and the leader of that "bunch of farmers" (not sure why Ron would call a band that once had Clapton, Page, and Beck a bunch of farmers). Page was the one who would have been the one with the ability to hire players on the spot, not Peter Grant. Managers work for their clients, not the other way around.

I agree, though, that it's possible Grant told him that the New Yardbirds needed a bass player (Chris Dreja decided to retire from music entirely), and he told Ron to contact Page if he was interested in being considered. Page already had worked with John Paul Jones, but Jimmy may have been open to auditioning others before JPJ joined. Ron's problem is that he either mis-remembers or embroiders the story to make it sound like he was going to be the lead guitarist for Led Zep, not the bass player.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 22, 2013 16:51

right ... hair ... there we are back on topic ...

in this natural style it looks a bit rotten indeed if I may say so ...

well ... I've always been puzzled by that incredibly high and longlife quality of it ...

GravityBoy
I'm looking at Ronnie's hair.

That's all.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 22, 2013 16:55

It is fascinating.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1647
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home