Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Taylor Touring Rig
Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: May 18, 2013 02:59

71Tele
SundanceKid
71Tele
SundanceKid
71Tele
He's not playing his own guitar?

Nobody should pay any attention to this nonsense from Jeff Allen. He's not involved with Mick Taylor's management and has taken possession of the domain against MT's wishes.

Sundance: That's rather strange. How could Taylor allow someone to take over his domain name without his permission?

He didn't really allow it but it did happen. He has made it quite clear the domain will have to be returned to him.
The other party seems to be waiting for a lawsuit.

OK. Sorry MT finds himself in this position.

Obviously it's very misleading the way things are right now, so it seems legal action is the only way forward.

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: May 18, 2013 03:09

svt22
Once again,I'm talking about music, that's what's Mick is all about. If you know the truth, why
bother? That guitar issue is if minor importance to me, let alone the domain story.

Maybe I should remind you what you wrote only an hour ago, so you can see for yourself that your claim can not possibly pertain to music ?
These are your words:
"As far as I understand it JA owes one of MT's Gibsons. Don't know why, and if its the one Taylor currently plays on".

If, by your admisssion, you don't recognise the difference between facts and lies, then why repeat something that has already been identified as nonsense.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 18, 2013 05:05

SundanceKid
svt22
Once again,I'm talking about music, that's what's Mick is all about. If you know the truth, why
bother? That guitar issue is if minor importance to me, let alone the domain story.

Maybe I should remind you what you wrote only an hour ago, so you can see for yourself that your claim can not possibly pertain to music ?
These are your words:
"As far as I understand it JA owes one of MT's Gibsons. Don't know why, and if its the one Taylor currently plays on".

If, by your admisssion, you don't recognise the difference between facts and lies, then why repeat something that has already been identified as nonsense.

Identified as nonsense? By whom? You?

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: May 18, 2013 06:20

I was more interested in the amp since various folks have mentioned he was playing through a Fender, and I haven't seen the VT40 in pictures. Is the Ampeg part of the story accurate?

Taylor had been playing a reissue that has been worked on by Dave Johnson:

[davejohnsonrestorations.com]

The Johnson version was reportedly given to Taylor by Area59, but appears more faded than the one on stage recently.

Also, he'd been using the green .88 picks last year. And there isn't a .72mm pick unless it is custom shaved from a .73. Is he using a softer pick with the Stones?

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 18, 2013 12:22

SundanceKid
svt22

These are your words:

I was initially reacting on Loudei's and Tele 71's post. Thank you.

Re: Mick Taylor's gear
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 18, 2013 15:10

DoomandGloom
It's a 59 reissue not a vintage guitar.

thumbs up

Date: May 18, 2013 15:47

DoomandGloom
Well I do know they're giving him way fewer tunes per show than KR told ticket buyers. He also is by this account playing a borrowed guitar.

Didn't Keith just say that MT would get a bigger role on this tour?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 18, 2013 16:12

What he said was qualified with something about seeing what happens in rehearsals.

Date: May 18, 2013 16:25

Why are people still blaming Keith, then?

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 18, 2013 21:17

Sorry, but when I see this I always giggle, "gear" reminds me of Bad Santa......"..my gear, you mean my junk? My tool? My f-k stick!?!" Funny stuff.

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: May 19, 2013 00:26

joshbg2k
This list corresponds to the slide and pick I got from him at one of the Iridium shows.

Correction, I double checked and the pick is a .88mm Dunlop as pointed out by someone else.

Posted by: kharrison ()
Date: May 19, 2013 06:08

The guitar Mick is playing doesn't look like the Area59 that was given to him. I heard that this guitar was provided by burst legend and Gibson Custom Shop dealer Vic Dapra.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 06:10 by kharrison.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home