Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor interview
Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: May 16, 2013 12:51

see
[madchesterroadtrip.wordpress.com]

will be of interest to those who insist on flogging the "why did he leave" dead horse

Re: Mick Taylor interview
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 16, 2013 13:14

wow, never saw this before. very illuminating.

Date: May 16, 2013 13:17

In what way?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 16, 2013 13:31

The part about Mick Taylor helping out if Keith wasn't going to be able to tour due to the drug bust in Toronto (1977) is also a first to be added in the rolling stones unofficial but surprising stories.
Mick Taylor speaking(part of the interview) :
"I did know that when Keith Richards had these problems in Toronto [arrested for possessing heroin in 1977], Mick called me in London and said “Could you help us out?”. I said “what do you mean help you out?”. He said “I think we’re gonna have to do this tour without Keith” and I said “that’s ridiculous, you can’t do a tour without Keith. That’s not the Rolling Stones”. He said “I might have to because that’s part of the contract”. I said “Mick, I know how things work with the Stones and I’m sure a solution will be found. But if you can’t find, yeah I’ll do it”. I’ve never told anybody else that story."
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: May 16, 2013 13:32

That's a great interview...interesting about that call he got in 1977....

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 16, 2013 13:50

champ72

actually Taylor didn´t say he got the call in´77.he just referred to the toronto case Keith
was involved in ´77 and Jagger´s remark " we´re gonna have to do this tour without Keith".
Must have been the ´78 tour then,which might have been planned in ´77 but surely not fixed or even scheduled.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 16, 2013 15:59

Thanks for posting. As far Taylor's help is concerned: In 2003, the story goes that Jagger seemed to be "fed up" with Ron, and he let check out Taylor's thoughts /possibilities about eventually taking over (some) of Ron's parts for that tour. In the end negotiations went awry. The rest is history.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: May 16, 2013 16:34

Thank you for posting that. It was really interesting. I often wonder what the Stones music would have evolved into if Taylor had not left. I would imagine some really brilliant music.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 16, 2013 16:41

PhillyFAN
Thank you for posting that. It was really interesting. I often wonder what the Stones music would have evolved into if Taylor had not left. I would imagine some really brilliant music.

They seem to have run out of steam in the song writing department.

Date: May 16, 2013 16:50

shortfatfanny
champ72

actually Taylor didn´t say he got the call in´77.he just referred to the toronto case Keith
was involved in ´77 and Jagger´s remark " we´re gonna have to do this tour without Keith".
Must have been the ´78 tour then,which might have been planned in ´77 but surely not fixed or even scheduled.

Well.... he clearly states that he got a call from Jagger

Mick called me in London and said “Could you help us out?”. I said “what do you mean help you out?”. He said “I think we’re gonna have to do this tour without Keith” and I said “that’s ridiculous, you can’t do a tour without Keith. That’s not the Rolling Stones”. He said “I might have to because that’s part of the contract”. I said “Mick, I know how things work with the Stones and I’m sure a solution will be found. But if you can’t find, yeah I’ll do it”. I’ve never told anybody else that story

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 16, 2013 17:15

wanderingspirit66
shortfatfanny
champ72

Well.... he clearly states that he got a call from Jagger

Mick called me in London and said “Could you help us out?”. I said “what do you mean help you out?”. He said “I think we’re gonna have to do this tour without Keith” and I said “that’s ridiculous, you can’t do a tour without Keith. That’s not the Rolling Stones”. He said “I might have to because that’s part of the contract”. I said “Mick, I know how things work with the Stones and I’m sure a solution will be found. But if you can’t find, yeah I’ll do it”. I’ve never told anybody else that story

sure,I was just trying to figure out at which point in `77 or ´78.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 998
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home