Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie remembering the Hyde Park 1969 concert
Date: May 15, 2013 12:45

Re: Ronnie remembering the Hyde Park 1969 concert
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 15, 2013 12:50

Well, well.

Date: May 15, 2013 12:51

I'd liked to have a confirmed outline of the Jeff Beck Group gigs in America at the time, including which gigs that were cancelled or not smiling smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 15, 2013 13:34

He must be remembering the Blind Faith Hyde Park concert or if he wasn't at that he's making it all up.

He was playing with Jeff Beck Group At the New York Pop Festival on Randalls Island, New York on 5th July.

The final Jeff Beck Group With Stweart/Wood gig was on 26th July 1969.

Date: May 15, 2013 13:36

His Majesty
He must be remembering the Blind Faith Hyde Park concert or if he wasn't at that he's making it all up.

He was playing with Jeff Beck Group At the New York Pop Festival on Randalls Island, New York on 5th July.

Do we have footage from that gig, and is there a possibility the gig was cancelled?

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: May 15, 2013 13:38

So he saw them crossing the road...?

Date: May 15, 2013 14:03

DandelionPowderman
His Majesty

Do we have footage from that gig, and is there a possibility the gig was cancelled?

They played Fillmore East and the Newport Jazz Festival in the immediate days before and after the Randalls Island gig. There's a bootleg of the Newport Jazz Festival gig featuring Ronnie on bass.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 15, 2013 14:13

as long as he remembers the band he´s playing with now...

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 15:48

His Majesty
DandelionPowderman
His Majesty

They played Fillmore East and the Newport Jazz Festival in the immediate days before and after the Randalls Island gig. There's a bootleg of the Newport Jazz Festival gig featuring Ronnie on bass.

Yes, but were the requisite DNA/ blood samples etc taken at the time? We need hard scientific facts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-15 15:48 by Roll73.

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: May 15, 2013 17:12

Crossing what road? They arrived to the gig from the hotel in a van driven up to the staging area. Complete bullocks....

Date: May 15, 2013 17:14

Spodlumt
Crossing what road? They arrived to the gig from the hotel in a van driven up to the staging area. Complete bullocks....

Isn't there footage of Mick, Marianne and her son Nicholas arriving in a car, and actually were crossing a street on the Stones In The Park-DVD? It's been some years since I last watched it, though...

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 15, 2013 17:18

I am reading Ronnie's book and it is a cool story. How did he know that one day
he would be in the band? Amazing.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 15, 2013 17:20

As HM says, Ronnie's remembering the Blind Faith concert a month earlier, bless him.
Mick and Charlie attended that, no doubt in part to check out the set-up for their upcoming show
and in part to check out Blind Faith. Who wouldn't?! And that goes for Ronnie as well.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 15, 2013 17:21

Ronnie... of course he was there.

The Forrest Gump of Rock n Roll.

Date: May 15, 2013 17:46

DandelionPowderman
Spodlumt

Isn't there footage of Mick, Marianne and her son Nicholas arriving in a car, and actually were crossing a street on the Stones In The Park-DVD? It's been some years since I last watched it, though...

That's outside their Cheyne Walk home though. smiling smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 15, 2013 17:59

Ronnie telling the story he saw the Stones in the 60s, and tripped over a tent rope or something. And then he already knew that one day he would be in the band.

Where did I read this?

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 15, 2013 18:15

Koen:

I think maybe you as I read that version of the story in Ronnie's autobiography "RONNIE" that came out a year or so before Keith's Life.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 18:23

no, no - he saw them painting the ceiling!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 15, 2013 18:39

If Ronnie recorded with Rod in June 1969 at the Olympic Studios, he and Rod probably talked to Mick and Charlie briefly or something. Keith makes stuff up but Ronnie I see connecting with people. I dont think he's lying just changing the story a little. Maybe Mick and Charlie rehearsed for Hyde Park and told Rod and Ronnie they just sacked Brian.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 15, 2013 18:40

He might mix the Blind Faith and Stones gig, but its perfectly possible he bumped in to the Stones in late June to the 1st of July , as the Faces where reheasing in the Stones' Bermondsey rehearsal / storage space in June and July 1969. Ian MacLagan's book also mentions meeting the various Stones at various moments during the summer of 1969. And 'on the way to the gig' can mean various things as well.

Mathijs

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 18:43

He told them to have a "good concert"?
That he'll "be there, be with ya"?

It's no wonder the music at that gig sucked . . .

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 15, 2013 19:34

tumbled
Koen:

I think maybe you as I read that version of the story in Ronnie's autobiography "RONNIE" that came out a year or so before Keith's Life.

I never read that book. Maybe in "Stone Alone" ?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 15, 2013 20:06

Oh, yeah..Ron's book IS entertaining but I think about half bs! He also says in it Grant put together LZ and he was the first choice for guitarist but he turned it down...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 15, 2013 21:21

Koen
Ronnie telling the story he saw the Stones in the 60s, and tripped over a tent rope or something. And then he already knew that one day he would be in the band.

Where did I read this?

I think that story comes from one of the Stones' two appearances at the annual Richmond Jazz and Blues Festival - probably from the 1963 festival when they were far from the top of the bill and did perform in a tent and not on the main stage. And I think Ronnie says that he knew he wanted to be in that band even then (he'd have been 16 or so at the time). Can't place where you would have read it though.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 15, 2013 21:28

scottkeef
Oh, yeah..Ron's book IS entertaining but I think about half bs! He also says in it Grant put together LZ and he was the first choice for guitarist but he turned it down...

Haa.

Ronnie has been taking lessons from Keith.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 15, 2013 21:48

GravityBoy
scottkeef

Haa.

Ronnie has been taking lessons from Keith.

Really. Considering that Led Zep was a spin-off from the Yardbirds and at the time Jimmy Page was the head Yardbird. Perhaps the similarities of Ron and Keith's personalities is why he was always a good fit for the band. Though I'm not sure Keith's book is as much off as Ron's. Keith is more of a spinner of facts than someone who makes up things out of thin air.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-15 21:52 by marianna.

Date: May 15, 2013 21:52

Ronnie took crack during 80's right?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 16, 2013 05:23

I think Ronnie took a lot of crack in the 80's. He is likable but he does not strike me as having a very intellectual mind to say the least!!!!

Any photos of Ronnie watching The Stones at '69 Hyde Park concert
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 17, 2013 18:40

Is there any photos of Ronnie watching The Stones at the '69 Hyde Park concert?

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 19:03 by colonial.

Re: Ronnie watching The Stones at '69 Hyde Park concert photos
Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: May 17, 2013 18:59

You probably have to rephrase the subject, as I believe, that you'll get thousands of views and no answer..smiling smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home