Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 17
Re: To The Rolling Stones: We Want A New Album In 2014!
Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: May 14, 2013 10:41

Munichhilton
No. I want a new Winos Cd...

Me too!

I'm surprisingly ambivalent. If they just go into a studio, write a few decent songs and work together it might be really good. On the other hand I don't really want another album that sounds like a Mick solo album with a couple of Keith tracks.

Maybe they'd be better of doing a Dylan a releasing more unreleased tracks.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 14, 2013 10:44

GRNRBITW
NO WE DON'T. THE LAST ONE SUCKED AND ANOTHER ONLY PROMISES TO BE WORSE!

Completely untrue. I played it again just yesterday, and - apart from some fillers (the one thing we all agree upon here, when it comes to ABB, is that is too damn long; we just don't see eye to eye about exactly which & how many songs should've been dumped... >grinning smiley< ) - there's fantastic, classic latter-day Stonestracks on'em.

And so say many of us!!

Now go and have a sandwich.

Date: May 14, 2013 10:45

This one certainly doesn't suck...

Date: May 14, 2013 10:48

71Tele
JumpinJackOLantern
OneHit
I'd love a new album. It's a shame Doom & Gloom was wasted on GRRR. It would have made a great lead single. I didn't like One More Shot at first, but now I like it a lot, and I'm sure Keith and Steve Jordan have plenty of groovy tracks in the can from their sessions last year. Mick says he has plenty of tracks, and Ronnie's last album was great - get him involved!

I love ABB, so I'd settle for something similar, maybe without the brick wall production and a few touches of Bobby's sax here and there.

Fantastic! I believe your comments just moved us one step closer to a new album! We need every Stones fan that tunes in here to "weigh in" on this subject. We need to let them know how badly we want a new album.

That would make it 37 copies sold!

...I'll have 3, as usual.
So that's 40 already...
And this thread's only just startin'!

ROCKMAN, are you in!? Are you WITH us??!

Date: May 14, 2013 10:54

ifyacantrockme
I want a new album and have enjoyed the majority of their work. I love Keiths slightly overdriven gritty guitar with that strong backbeat that Charlie always gives. I love the snarling Jagger vocals with his tongue in cheek lewdness. I love the slippery slide guitar work that Ronnie infuses the songs as well as his ever tasteful sympathetic Strat licks along Keith's Tele. It doesn't have to be blockbuster, but can be cover songs as well as originals (hopefully more to the originals). I'm all for it. C'mon guys!

...three kisses, a sixpack o'beer, and Kleermaker's wife as a reward for this Comment Of The Day.
Oh, yes - ànd a new album, off course.
You wholeheartedly deserve it!!

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 14, 2013 11:49

The tour is an absolutely nostalgic act; i want and i need more new RS music.
I liked ABB
I like D&G
I vote for a new album!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: May 14, 2013 11:50

KeithNacho
The tour is an absolutely nostalgic act; i want and i need more new RS music.
I liked ABB
I like D&G
I vote for a new album!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sure is. However, they are playing just as many new songs on this tour as on the BB-shows smiling smiley

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 14, 2013 12:00

A live band must fight for the new stuff, not only warhorses. Actually it is a nostalgic act, which is fine because of the anicersary, but for the last ABB tour i saw in Barcelona in 2007

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: May 14, 2013 15:28

Here's to a new album of new songs by Rolling Stones!

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: May 14, 2013 16:00

I would love a new album with new material. The most fun would be with this lie up:
Jagger
Richards
Wood
Taylor
Wyman
Watts

And whoever they want as sidemen. I don't mind Leavell. He's done a good job for about thirty years.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 14, 2013 16:04

Yes. And I agree with the idea of "all" Stones playing on it, as mentioned by NedKelly above.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: May 14, 2013 16:27

I don't think the boys have enough good own material for an album in them.

But they might revisit other people's stuff - the Stones have always done fantastic covers.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: May 14, 2013 16:30

NedKelly
I would love a new album with new material. The most fun would be with this lie up:
Jagger
Richards
Wood
Taylor
Wyman
Watts

+ Keys and MacLagan. Then you've got an album going!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 14, 2013 16:55

JumpinJackOLantern
GRNRBITW
JumpinJackOLantern
GRNRBITW

sorry for yelling, but i haven't eaten at all today...

Is it safe to say your answer is no?

yes and it's safe to say the stones have no interest in the idea.

Nonsense! They have expressed an interest. It's up to us to give them a little shove. Besides, the worst that can happen is they say no.

there are far worse things. three letters as a reminder: SOL

Date: May 14, 2013 17:00

RoughJusticeOnYa
GRNRBITW

Completely untrue. I played it again just yesterday, and - apart from some fillers (the one thing we all agree upon here, when it comes to ABB, is that is too damn long; we just don't see eye to eye about exactly which & how many songs should've been dumped... >grinning smiley< ) - there's fantastic, classic latter-day Stonestracks on'em.

And so say many of us!!

Now go and have a sandwich.

ok, i stand corrected. all but one of the songs should have been dumped. but record execs tend to frown upon one-song albums these days.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 14, 2013 17:30

Why do you guys want a new album? Other than, according to JumpinJackOLantern, so the Stones can beat the Beatles, whatever that means. Are there any sane reasons?

Date: May 14, 2013 17:37

GumbootCloggeroo
Why do you guys want a new album? Other than, according to JumpinJackOLantern, so the Stones can beat the Beatles, whatever that means. Are there any sane reasons?

they're just used to wanting a new album, so they can't help themselves. it's not really insanity, though...just forgetfulness that the band hasn't produced a stones-worthy record in 30 years. don't be so hard on them. forgetfulness is not a crime.

Posted by: watts fan ()
Date: May 14, 2013 17:51

I'd LOVE to hear them do a bluesy album, recorded on ANALOG gear with minimal overdubs, produced by someone like Rick Rubin or Jack White, with Wyman & Taylor participating.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 14, 2013 18:03

watts fan
I'd LOVE to hear them do a bluesy album, recorded on ANALOG gear with minimal overdubs, produced by someone like Rick Rubin or Jack White, with Wyman & Taylor participating.

So would I...but there's absolutely zero chance Mick Jagger would do it.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 14, 2013 18:13

watts fan

Not more to say ... 100% agree!

Date: May 14, 2013 18:50

RobertJohnson
watts fan

Not more to say ... 100% agree!

In fact, this may be the ONLY path to the Stones ever doing something musically adventurous and worthy of their legacy again. Pity they won't even consider this approach. If they DO make another record, I am sure it will stick to the usual formula: A few attempts at old "open G" glory, some mediocre Jagger ballads, and a couple of more Keith croonings, all brought together by the wondrous Don Was.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 14, 2013 20:09

sonomastone
you should be clearer about what it is you want or they might fulfill your request by issuing another greatest hits album.

Correct, that's how they released "three new albums" under their UMG contract ;-)

Having said that, yeah, nothing beats the thrill of a new album, however weak it is...and I've had a few since I've been a fan! First one I waited for was UC, then we got DW, SW, VL, B2B, ABB...each time the press ranted and raved about them and I listened to them round the clock at first, totally unable to have any critical opinion...None of them were "bad", the Stones can't release a "bad" album, but the one I'm the fondest about would be B2B.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 14, 2013 20:42

First 25 years: 23 studio albums released
Second 25 years: 4 albums released

50 year anniversary tour - songs played from...
First 25 years: 21
Subsequent 24 years: 0
+ 2 from grrr

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: May 14, 2013 21:34

NedKelly
Jagger
Richards
Wood
Taylor
Wyman
Watts

And whoever they want as sidemen. I don't mind Leavell. He's done a good job for about thirty years.

And shall we call it The Rolling Stones- UNION like YES did?? May I remind you that Mr. Taylor and Mr. Wyman QUIT THE BAND!!!! They have no entitlement to be asked back.
You know what was great yesterday? Listening to Rod Stewart on the Howard Stern show lavish praise and pay homage to Ron Wood over and over again. And Rod said when he doesn't have a commitment to that "other" band we are gonna get the Faces together and go out on the road. And I bet they go in the studio and make a great album. Like Rod Stewart said, "Even though my solo career was flying I would have never left the Faces or Woody. But then Woody left for the Stones." Stern asked were you upset? Rod: "No how could I be upset? I always knew Woody would be in the Stones. He was born to be in that band."

Amen!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 14, 2013 23:13

I have the strangest feeling I've been in this thread before, like last week, and the week before that one.

Date: May 14, 2013 23:50

What I want is "Ned Kelly - The Sequel".

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 15, 2013 00:03

rambler44
NedKelly
Jagger
Richards
Wood
Taylor
Wyman
Watts

And shall we call it The Rolling Stones- UNION like YES did?? May I remind you that Mr. Taylor and Mr. Wyman QUIT THE BAND!!!! They have no entitlement to be asked back.
You know what was great yesterday? Listening to Rod Stewart on the Howard Stern show lavish praise and pay homage to Ron Wood over and over again. And Rod said when he doesn't have a commitment to that "other" band we are gonna get the Faces together and go out on the road. And I bet they go in the studio and make a great album. Like Rod Stewart said, "Even though my solo career was flying I would have never left the Faces or Woody. But then Woody left for the Stones." Stern asked were you upset? Rod: "No how could I be upset? I always knew Woody would be in the Stones. He was born to be in that band."

Amen!

Were it not for The Faces, Wood would have joined The Stones in 1969.

Date: May 15, 2013 00:51

MartinB
I don't think the boys have enough good own material for an album in them.

But they might revisit other people's stuff - the Stones have always done fantastic covers.

With 24 songs recorded in 2001 I'm sure they can pick and choose...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 15, 2013 01:22

What I want is "Ned Kelly - The Sequel".

..... Freejill .....the sequel ta Freejack would be a better way ta go..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 02:00

This band plays 35-45 yr old songs exclusively.

They play them gamely and it is impressive what they can do at 70.

But all that's left is to say that they're pretty good for old guys.

They are a very good nostalgia act.

Imagine a tour in 1969 featuring a band playing songs from the mid-1920's to the mid-1930's.

Ridiculous.

It is possible for rock musicians to age and to produce vital material well into their 60's and 70's. David Bowie and Bob Dylan attest to this.

The Rolling Stones, alas, do not fall into that category.

I can't imagine a new album. I can't imagine what it would come out of or what it would be about or how it would sound. They're just not a real band anymore. They don't challenge themselves creatively; they are not pushing new boundaries; they're not interested. Nor, unfortunately, are they capable any longer of producing great music.

They were the greatest rock'n'roll band the world has ever known.

So, no new album is my vote. Open the vaults. Let all the Stones scatter to the four winds and do whatever projects DO inspire them to create new music.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1609
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home