Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: Katy Fuggin Perry tonight's guest...good lord
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 12, 2013 05:11

Don't judge a performance that hasn't happened yet. Simple, no?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 12, 2013 05:13

i head that mick and keith were against it but chuck leavell overruled them.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: May 12, 2013 05:14

gtrplyr
Tom Waits was onstage for about 3 minutes in Oakland. If Katy is onstage fopr the same, thats about 2% of the show.

If you paid $600 for a ticket, that's about $12. I think thats the cost of a large beer, which I find more offensive than seeing Katy Perry for a song.

It'll be OK, folks. It'll be OK.

Exactly,she's just there to help extend the fan base. Her fans will be expecting her to do one of her numbers. It will be the opportunity for the hardcore crowd to go on a beer run.

And I thought everyone was pulling my leg!

Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: May 12, 2013 05:14

Send It To me
Don't judge a performance that hasn't happened yet. Simple, no?

Oh that is a totally fair point..she could even be surprisingly good in a no expectations kind of way...this is actually more pointed towards Mick's more crass instincts instead of delivering on a legacy that frankly needs no special guests but certainly is not needing of someone like Katy Perry.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 12, 2013 05:18

Maybe she'll wow the crowd with a harrowing version of Sister Morphine.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 12, 2013 05:20

CBII
After doing a bit of research it seems Katy Perry has 53 MILLION fans on Facebook. From a filling up the seats standpoint, the move is a stroke of pure genius. She will attract some of the really teeny bopper crowd and their parents. A very smart business move, hats off to whomever thought this up.

Yes, she is hugely popular and she does have some catchy pop songs and her voice is not bad.
I actually sat through her documentary last January at the insistence of my daughter who was home from college for the month. Having just watched Crossfire Hurricane again with my son, I felt like I was in an alternative universe watching Katy exercise, get her makeup done, cry over Russell Brand, and sing some songs in her cute, candy colored costumes. I couldn't wait for it to end...the things we do for our children.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 12, 2013 05:38

its an absolute disgrace that she is the guest. my god what is this world coming to? mick you don't need to do this just go out and perform for the fans

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: May 12, 2013 05:41

melillo
its an absolute disgrace that she is the guest. my god what is this world coming to? mick you don't need to do this just go out and perform for the fans

How does one differentiate between a disgrace and an absolute disgrace?

Date: May 12, 2013 05:43

so you are in favor of Katie perry? I rest my case

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: May 12, 2013 05:46

melillo

No, I didn't say that either. Frankly, I don't care. I hate the constant stream of guests but I won't direct any different amount of virulence towards her. I'm sure it will be horrible.

FYI -- my original post was sarcastic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-12 05:47 by fahthree.

Date: May 12, 2013 05:50

thumbs up
fahthree
melillo

No, I didn't say that either. Frankly, I don't care. I hate the constant stream of guests but I won't direct any different amount of virulence towards her. I'm sure it will be horrible.

FYI -- my original post was sarcastic.

Date: May 12, 2013 05:53

the stones don't need this , just do an extended set with mick taylor and all will be fine

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: May 12, 2013 06:00

Rehearsing for tonight's show...

Date: May 12, 2013 06:05

it would only be worth it if she came out topless

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 12, 2013 06:26

So mick picks the chicks and Keith picks Buddy Guy, eric clapton, john lee hooker and Robert Cray.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 12, 2013 06:35

What next....Victoria Justice....Big Time Rush....Miley Cyrus...GEEZ!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 12, 2013 06:37

As long I don't have to endure Justin Timberlake or Dave Matthews everything's copacetic

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 12, 2013 06:49

It's hilarious to read these comments and how put out and hysterical folks are over Katy Perry being part of the Stones show. I ain't never heard a fluckin' thing by this woman so I can't really comment on what she will sing and how she'll come across. The only thing that would be more out there than some of the live "guests" the Stones have brought on would be to have the holograms of Tupac or Elvis projected on the stage to party along with the Stones. Tupac or Elvis ghost guesting on the stage would be both outrageously funny and off the wall at the same time. I can see Mick in one of those Elvis jumpsuits right now. Maybe he and El could do "Suspicious Minds". Oh, what the f*ck, let's project Michael Jackson up there too. His image and Mick can moonwalk across the stage during "Miss You". This I'd pay money to see.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 12, 2013 06:51

Beyoncé & Mick doin' Jump On Top of Me might sting ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: May 12, 2013 06:55

What the Stones inviting utter crap to perform with them. This has never ever happened before. These guys are the true heart of rock'n'roll...

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: May 12, 2013 07:00

You know this is all Mick as I'd bet my life that Keith and Charlie have no idea who Katy Perry is...WTF is Mick thinking? What song could they possiy play with this bubble gum pop star? This should be interesting in the same way a car crash is interesting.

Date: May 12, 2013 07:04

The Wick
What the Stones inviting utter crap to perform with them. This has never ever happened before. These guys are the true heart of rock'n'roll...

Wow.thats awful. It's called the Vegas era for a reason!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 12, 2013 07:11

The Wick

I saw a few seconds of this video some years ago. To all who have never seen it,
do not open it!!!!!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 12, 2013 07:15

I think (other than a few rock icons that are their peers) the guest spots are a total waste of the real fan's time. Wouldn't you just rather hear another all Stones performance than someone to show that Mick is "hip"?? Note: I don't consider Mick Taylor's spot a "guest" appearance, he will always be a Stone..

Date: May 12, 2013 07:17

MKjan
The Wick

I saw a few seconds of this video some years ago. To all who have never seen it,
do not open it!!!!!

that sucked but at least timberlake sang the song. jagger has been talking songs for decades now

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 12, 2013 07:34

How can anyone resist those robust titties. Obviously Mick can't. Neither can I.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: May 12, 2013 07:44

She performed fine!

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 12, 2013 07:49

Vocalion
She performed fine!

Maybe so but what did it add?

Date: May 12, 2013 07:53

Just watched the video. Her voice sounded fine but everyone got lost at the bridge. Why butcher songs with guests ... At least rehearse them better.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 12, 2013 07:56

No Expectations
Vocalion
She performed fine!

Maybe so but what did it add?

So what its only one song. Maybe younger performers consider it a honor to perform with the veteran Stones. I remember reading many times about quotes from a young Stones group that was thrilled to meet their idols and musicians they grew up listening to. The opportunity to perform with them has to be a thrill of a lifetime.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2498
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home