Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

And yet another RUMOR........
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 1, 2005 07:07

Kennedy posts this on Shidoobee:

-----------------------------------------------
"Opening Concert New Tour Hollywood Bowl".

I found this while checking in at my favorite Bulgarian Stones' Fan Site. Looks like the real deal....

[www.geocities.com]

**Note the seat allotment for the fan club pre-sale. Well worth the hundred bucks!!
-----------------------------------------------

Keep in mind though that it looks somewhat fake. But it could, however, be true. Let's just keep adding to the pile of rumors until we get official confirmation.

So we now can add another city to the opening concert list. We have Sun Devil Stadium in Arizona (I think), Fenway in Boston and now Hollywood Bowl.

By the way: I don't think the Hollywood bowl is that big. The replies to this post on Shidoobee mentions 8k, 10k and 20k. It looks like a pretty small place for the Stones standards.

With all these rumors flying around, seems that more and more is starting to "fly", I guess something is seriously about to boil here. Uuuuuuuuh. I can also start to feel it. And it feels GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-01 07:11 by JumpingKentFlash.

Re: And yet another RUMOR........
Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: March 1, 2005 07:11

they played there in '66 or was it '65? ahhh how time flies when you're having fun...buffalo springfield opened

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 1, 2005 07:27

Believe half of what you hear and none of what you see.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 1, 2005 08:24

bwah hahhahaha the only part i find beleivable is that after grabbing $100 on the fan club from people, they would try to sale them the worst seats in the house!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 1, 2005 09:20

Could be the work of the same person, as the: "Rolling Stones Opening Night, "Venue" 2005-2006," etc. seems to be this artistes' MO.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 1, 2005 12:30

dont you find it a tad suspicious that every seating plan seen so far seems to have "opening night"written on it to give it some kind of credibility? I mean, come on..you dont even have to be a computer geek to be able to add that bit of creative artwork..

Bulgarian Stones fan site, "the real deal" - I mean, for @#$%&'s sake...

anyone getting seriously excited about this kind of silly shit every couple of days needs their head tested

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-01 12:32 by Gazza.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: March 1, 2005 13:11

"anyone getting seriously excited about this kind of silly shit every couple of days needs their head tested"

anyone getting seriously excited about another greatest hits tour needs their head tested

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 1, 2005 13:32

Yeah let's stop the stupid rumour stuff. It's absolutelu useless!!!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: March 1, 2005 16:53

Well, in my mind this is just as credilble as any other rumor. But you're right: Rumors suck a bit. Still it's good to see that rumors actually fly around. It usually means that something's up right? smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 1, 2005 17:34

no. It means either

a) people like being mischievous just to @#$%& with the gullible

or

b) some people need to get out more

Just because someone cultivates a rumour does not automatically give it any credibility whatsoever. A "rumour" taken from a credible source and which has taken some degree of research and/or contact to establish - then, yes. Maybe.

Someone making stuff up just because the world and his wife knows the Rolling Stones are touring North America sometime before the end of 2005 is a different matter entirely. Quite how you deduce this to be 'credible' is lost on me. Last week someone posted on here they would be touring Europe in November - based on what a mate told him! For Christs sake...

OK then... The Stones tour will start on August 31st in Cleveland, Ohio. Now did someone tell me or did I just make that up? Judge for yourself. It might be as credible as most of the other nonsense...

Date: March 1, 2005 18:34

.....But since we don't know if the source for, say, the Fenway rumor, we can't really be sure of anything can we? Yet people believe this more than other rumors. Anyway, I'm keeping an open mind to all rumors.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 1, 2005 19:13

I wasnt actually rubbishing the Fenway story, to be fair.

The guy who started the Fenway rumour told me his reasoning by e-mail. In fairness, he can post the reasons for his opinion here if he chooses to do and you can judge it for yourself. It made sense based on the availability of the venue for a surprisingly lengthy period during the baseball season, although it didnt seem to be based on info from the Stones organisation itself (unless I misinterpreted what he said). Logistically,its possible although personally I think the tour will start a little later than he indicated - but then I dont know for sure, either.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 2, 2005 02:13

Pleazzze, Kent, chill out a bit.
We´re all excited - but we havent - not all of us - the youngster spirit or
dito enthusiasm as you still have overflowing.
I´m new in this but still with a weary 41 y o mind.
Tell the rumorspreaders to go #¤%& themselves....

I know your a reasonable man, JKF; and thanks Gazza for keeping the fight for Enlightenment & Reason up (no shit, truly).

Why do all the @#$%& have to post all this sh*t for... ?

Date: March 2, 2005 02:13

My guess is Reykyavik, Iceland, Christmas Eve as I posted before.

Date: March 2, 2005 02:22

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pleazzze, Kent, chill out a bit.
> We´re all excited - but we havent - not all of us
> - the youngster spirit or
> dito enthusiasm as you still have overflowing.
> I´m new in this but still with a weary 41 y o
> mind.
> Tell the rumorspreaders to go #¤%&
> themselves....
>
> I know your a reasonable man, JKF; and thanks
> Gazza for keeping the fight for Enlightenment
> & Reason up (no shit, truly).
>
> Why do all the @#$%& have to post all this sh*t
> for... ?

Hey Baboon Bro. (I'll write you tomorrow. Gotta go to bed soon). smiling smiley
There's three points that I really agree with:
1.- Yes, I have the youngster spirit and enthusiasm overflowing. Very much so. smiling smiley
2.- Yes, Gazz is cool. winking smiley
3.- Yes, I am reasonable. smiling smiley

I actually do think before I post. And the thought by posting this was: Why not, when all the other rumors are here? You see when the Fenway rumor emerged it was just "A strong source tells me that they'll start in Fenway". If that's all we actually know, this rumor is just as credible. But in this post we have learned that Gazza knew the true story behind the Fenway rumor, and now that is more credible than the one I posted here. So.........Thanks Gazz. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 2, 2005 06:21

And, And, And just think in one year we will be braggin about the tickets!

Date: March 2, 2005 06:37

What makes all of you think it could not possibly be Chicago, or Toronto, or even New York? Those seems more logical places. Besides, remember the reports that the Stones were already reserving Venues for this New Tour, even before the Licks tour was over? Them boys momma's didn't raise no knuckleheads, don't ya know?

I just hope they keep the areas together this time, not the East Coast, then Midwest, only to jump back to the East Coast, then on to the West, backtracking again, etc., etc. But rather a slow progression, East to Midwest, then West. Then AFTER XMAS, stay in one area of the States, it's cheaper traveling from one place to the other, instead of back and forth and in circles.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: March 2, 2005 13:54

I suppose it doesn't matter to the Stones
were the venues are, as far as their travel
plans go, but must be hell on the fans
following them around!

Date: March 2, 2005 14:47

Demon Wrote:
> What makes all of you think it could not possibly
> be Chicago, or Toronto, or even New York

no reason why it shouldnt or wouldnt be. I dont think too many people have insisted where it WILL be.

Posted by: The Source ()
Date: March 5, 2005 11:25

I still say it will be Fenway only because of the open window to get a good run at the set up............ meaning you get to start setting up early at your first venue remember the 10 day open window.
The source

Date: March 5, 2005 13:54

Gaz wrote:
"no reason why it shouldnt or wouldnt be. I dont think too many people have insisted where it WILL be."

To clarify what I meant, Gaz, I was refering to all the "rumors" that are being thrown out there. Seems more likely that the Stones may stick to the usual, re: recent past tours winking smiley

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: March 6, 2005 12:45

Well, I've heard a rumour that the Stones may be touring this year - but has it been confirmed yet?

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Date: March 7, 2005 06:28

Check the various threads about the subject here, and click on my link below, read what is there, and then draw your own conclusions. (You won't be anymore "off," than the rest of us are on the subject). I have some quotes from Charlie about the tour, looks like around end of Aug. to Early Sept, (by his calculations). There is a Mick quote concerning the album, (recent) and then, info from Ronnie's Web page, about the album as well, which is still up in the air, (release wise). winking smiley
Cheers

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 8, 2005 00:44

The Hollywood Bowl is the absolute worst venue for rock concerts I have ever been to. I wouldnt go see the STones there and I only live about 6 or 7 miles away.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 8, 2005 01:06

Dan Wrote:
> The Hollywood Bowl is the absolute worst venue for
> rock concerts I have ever been to. I wouldnt go
> see the STones there and I only live about 6 or 7
> miles away.

so, someone hands you a pair of front-row tix to see the boys there and you'll refuse? yeah, right....

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 8, 2005 01:17

>so, someone hands you a pair of front-row tix to see the boys there and you'll refuse? yeah, right....

You offering...?

Of course I would go for free, or even $10 or 20. But I am not paying $100 to sit in the back of a severely volume restricted venue (outdoors smack dab in the middle of a residential neighborhood). This place is absolutely unsuitable for rock n roll concerts.

Date: March 8, 2005 02:18

Well, I'll go there, I'll drive the 2,000 miles too. Up to $100, Got Tic, Got tic winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home