Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Best Stones Train-wreck on Stage?
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 16, 2015 03:37

Turner68
taz22
SFTD - Ottawa 2005 when Charlie gets up and walks away from his drum kit for about a minute while keith goes off the stage and yells....what the f is going to the stage hands. Total mess!

that sounds pretty awesome - is there a youtube of it?

Well if you want a SFTD trainwreck this one certainly qualifies....sorry I couldn't resist. grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 03:40

Turner68
taz22
SFTD - Ottawa 2005 when Charlie gets up and walks away from his drum kit for about a minute while keith goes off the stage and yells....what the f is going to the stage hands. Total mess!

that sounds pretty awesome - is there a youtube of it?

Everyone in our section close to the stage was going WTF. Haven't be able to find a video of it yet.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 04:09

M4rkRNR
[www.youtube.com]

At Pinkpop last year, when they played gimme shelter, they forgot the last part when mick sings:
I tell you love, sister, it's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away

lol. keith gets the award for doing the best job of pretending nothing is wrong..

Re: Worst Stones Train-wreck on Stage?
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 04:15

bigmac7895
Gimme Shelter- Perth. Charlie took a long time to get on track.

whoa it's as if charlie can't hear the rest of the band or something... truly exceptional train wreck at the drum kit.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: June 16, 2015 08:06

My two faves are Respectable from JFK in '78 (during Keith's solo, no ones knows where to go. I love the sound, though) and Happy from the last night at the LA Forum (the second verse, which I'm sure we all know).

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: June 16, 2015 08:34

In '94 or '95, Keith played 3/4 of the sympathy solo a half a step too high. Or low, I can't remember. I'm pretty sure he was playing it in F instead of E. Near the end, he realizes this, and slips that guide finger into the right fret. A little late.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 16, 2015 13:31

tomk
My two faves are Respectable from JFK in '78 (during Keith's solo, no ones knows where to go. I love the sound, though) and Happy from the last night at the LA Forum (the second verse, which I'm sure we all know).

Yeah, that was in Miami

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 16, 2015 13:43

carlorossi
In '94 or '95, Keith played 3/4 of the sympathy solo a half a step too high. Or low, I can't remember. I'm pretty sure he was playing it in F instead of E. Near the end, he realizes this, and slips that guide finger into the right fret. A little late.

Sorry, THAT was in Miami :-)

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 16, 2015 18:29

deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 18:31 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: June 18, 2015 03:56

this is easy - Olympia 2003 - The whole show is "Band of Sh!te".

Definitely as bad as I have ever heard, although, on advice from some real heavies on IORR and elsewhere, I skipped most all of 2006 and avoided 2007 big time.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 19, 2015 00:38

stonesstein

Definitely as bad as I have ever heard, although, on advice from some real heavies on IORR and elsewhere, I skipped most all of 2006 and avoided 2007 big time.

Agreed about the Olympia but they did a few good shows in 2007. Never trust an IORR heavy! grinning smiley

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 19, 2015 01:01

stonesstein

Not the whole show but many songs are pedestrian, however the Crystal Cat bootleg which includes the omitted songs on FF (It's Only Rock 'n Roll, Rip This Joint, Tumbling Dice) makes the show more justice.

A club show with the Stones in 2003 can never be described as ''Band of Shite'' eye rolling smiley grinning smiley, even if the Olympia gig was clearly the worst of any club gigs 2002-2003. Maybe they felt awkward about knowing the show would be on DVD, and therefore delivered a disappointing performance, I don't know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 01:03 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 19, 2015 01:40

From 12:00 gimme shelter. Watts going on Charlie
[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 19, 2015 01:47

yeababyyea
stonesstein

Not the whole show but many songs are pedestrian, however the Crystal Cat bootleg which includes the omitted songs on FF (It's Only Rock 'n Roll, Rip This Joint, Tumbling Dice) makes the show more justice.

A club show with the Stones in 2003 can never be described as ''Band of Shite'' eye rolling smiley grinning smiley, even if the Olympia gig was clearly the worst of any club gigs 2002-2003. Maybe they felt awkward about knowing the show would be on DVD, and therefore delivered a disappointing performance, I don't know.

Me love this two songs:
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 19, 2015 01:50

yeababyyea
stonesstein

And this one:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 19, 2015 01:58

DoctorFreddie
yeababyyea
stonesstein

And this one:

Dance never worked well when they took it into concert imo, at Olympia it was truly horrible, a ramshackle trainwreck without the needed groove, here's the real version:
Pt. 2 i waaayyy better imo BTW

Re: Worst Stones Train-wreck on Stage?
Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 19, 2015 03:43

bigmac7895
Gimme Shelter- Perth. Charlie took a long time to get on track.

That sounds like those Beatles with Pete Best videos.

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1651
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home