Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: .
Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 9, 2013 20:11

dcba
What the hell happened to the title of this thread? eye popping smiley

if memory serves, it went something like: "keith says to starve your kids so you can afford seeing the stones"

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 9, 2013 20:15

grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 9, 2013 20:20

Cool...this has turned into another one of those free-for-all threads!

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:19

Tonyz
kowalski

!

?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 9, 2013 22:14

Re: Keith Richards: "I want people to get into Stones' gigs without starving their babies".
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:00

seitan
andrewt
Doxa
Talk is cheap indeed. And bullshit costs nothing.

Does anyone here actually believes him?

- Doxa

Not for a second. Keith is 100% in on the money part of it.

Actually - I dont think Keith really gives a shit.

I dont think he's involved at the biz side of things - they got lawyers, managers, and other helping hands - Keith even has his personal manager Jane Rose to take care of Keith's needs. When you have someone like Jane Rose taking care of boring meetings - do you really think that some ex-junkie drunk is gonna get up from his fat ass to talk biz.

I really dont think Keith gives a shit -in fact, I'm not even suprised if the only reason he said that bullshit quote is coz, he has no damn idea what people are talking about. - Expensive tickets - what - I dont think Keith really gives a damn where the money comes - as long as he gets it.

As with the concert set lists, Keith doesn't set or negotiate the ticket prices--he merely signs off on whatever Mick decides.

Re: Keith Richards: "I want people to get into Stones' gigs without starving their babies"
Date: May 9, 2013 23:06

"I give my father Mick the phone when they start talking about money."

He has taken seriously the Jagger's remark about they are not brothers...

Re: Keith Richards: "I want people to get into Stones' gigs without starving their babies".
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:37

stonehearted
seitan
andrewt
Doxa
Talk is cheap indeed. And bullshit costs nothing.

Does anyone here actually believes him?

- Doxa

Not for a second. Keith is 100% in on the money part of it.

Actually - I dont think Keith really gives a shit.

I dont think he's involved at the biz side of things - they got lawyers, managers, and other helping hands - Keith even has his personal manager Jane Rose to take care of Keith's needs. When you have someone like Jane Rose taking care of boring meetings - do you really think that some ex-junkie drunk is gonna get up from his fat ass to talk biz.

I really dont think Keith gives a shit -in fact, I'm not even suprised if the only reason he said that bullshit quote is coz, he has no damn idea what people are talking about. - Expensive tickets - what - I dont think Keith really gives a damn where the money comes - as long as he gets it.

As with the concert set lists, Keith doesn't set or negotiate the ticket prices--he merely signs off on whatever Mick decides.

Truth.

Proper...

Word Up.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 10, 2013 00:36

Keith has never turned down a check ever.
If he'd said his piece to the band, there'd be no need for this thread.

Re: Keith Richards: "I want people to get into Stones' gigs without starving their babies"
Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:04

Keith is ridiculous. To say anything over $200 and still be in the back of the arena is fair and market is complete BS. Hell, other bands at least have meet and greets for those that put that kind of money out included in the price.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 10, 2013 04:13

Gosh, I knew it was only a matter of time! Amid all the bitching about ticket prices, setlist dislikes, etc. we finally have a Keith bashing thread going again, it's been way too long - NOT!!! thumbs down yawning smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 10, 2013 04:19

Keith knows nothing about money. He hasn't touched "folding money" in 40 years. His people carry a huge stack of US 100's to pay his way out of the circumstances he gets into. His talk reminds me of George Bush astonished by bar codes in the supermarket.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 04:22

Actually, this is quite insulting coming from Keith. Again, just shows a total lack of connection to reality. And he just wants to come across as the regular Joe everyman to the fans. But in reality he knows darn well what the tickets are costing and he signed off on it. He should just stop commenting on things unless he is honest. Now he has given the impression that Mick Taylor was going to be with them the entire show, or most of it, and that he isn't in favor of expensive tickets and lobbied for them to come down in price. Yeah Keith. Thanks.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 10, 2013 04:42

It's not all Mick's fault. In order to put up this big of a show, which it is a show, it costs a lot of money to pay for the facility, the staff to set up the facility and it's stage, the advertising, the people who drive the trucks with trailers who make a lot of money, the sound guys, the guitar techs, the back up singers, the rest of the musicians, the lighting people, the lawyers, the architects, and on and on. Plus the costs of meals, hotels, insurance...a tour costs a lot of money. It's not just the band. Mick Jagger doesn't put these shows on just to make all of the money himself. Everyone needs to profit from it.

Mick Jagger really does not deserve all of the criticism that he gets. Do you really think all of the people on the crew do it for free? The tours make a lot of money, but there are a lot of expenses too. It's not as though the band gets every penny. They make a lot, but probably not as much as you might think at the end of it all. But at least more than we will ever see in a lifetime.

That being said, the economy is just so bad. It's hard to afford. I wish I could see the Stones again with Mick Taylor. It's sucks that I can't afford it and that they are nowhere near where I am. McCartney is coming here, but I can't afford to go. Yet my mother bought a ticket and she has never listened to his music in her life! Herd mentality. Lame.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 10, 2013 04:57

Keith is keith - What do expect from him now?? Mick Jagger calls all of the shots and I don't think Keith has anything he can do about it and he has only his self destructive ways to blame.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 10, 2013 05:00

Mick used these large figures to entice Charlie, he got what he wanted a tour and so did we.

Date: May 10, 2013 07:25

keith's a goof

he richer than f*ck because of us

he don't care, but he'll pretend he does

i would too i guess

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-10 07:31 by pinkfloydthebarber.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 10, 2013 07:54

DoomandGloom
His talk reminds me of George Bush astonished by bar codes in the supermarket.

An urban myth, btw, based on an apparently erroneous NY Times story.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 08:08

Deleted by poster

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-10 08:14 by donnarq1.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 10, 2013 10:26

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason the tickets are so expensive is because they have to pay everyone and expenses for a tour at the same rate as a daily show when they are doing one day in three.

Simple.

Someone did some simple maths.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2231
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home