Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Steel Wheels Tour Tickets prices averaged $30.00 bucks back 89'
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: May 8, 2013 14:41

It is fair to say that the Steel Wheels tour may have been the most anticipated Stones tour in its history. Huge production, new album, Bill Wyman - the Stones after an 8 year break , after World War III: charged us an average of $30 dollars a ticket to see this historical tour. What is $30 1989 dollars worth today? Any economists in the room? Back in 89' there was Stonesmania all over the world to bad I was locked in boarding school with no money. I would've bought a $250.00 dollar leather jacket for sure!!!

This might be the answer: They played a pre tour gig (as usual) in connecticut and charged $3.01 bucks. In 2013 they charged $20 dollars to get in the Echoplex that's a 564% percent increase.

OUCH!

Re: Steel Wheels Tour Tickets prices averaged $30.00 bucks back 89'
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 8, 2013 15:13

You can Google "Inflation Calculator" and find a bunch of places where you can enter the past dollar amount and get what it would be today. According to the one I looked at (I don't know if it's 100%, but I'd bet it's a good ballpark figure) says that 30 dollars from '89 is $56.32 in 2013.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: May 8, 2013 15:59

Kid Rock is right... They are all over paid... I guess they want to charge us all the money they stopped making from record sales...

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:24

Concert ticket prices have far outpaced regular inflation since 1989.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 8, 2013 20:25

Back then and even farther back you either had to camp out
or pay a scalper to get good seats..$$$

Either way you paid a lot more then that in either time--camping out
or to a broker..

Tix for the Stones from 75 on sold out in hours!

Posted by: 48yearsaRSfan ()
Date: May 8, 2013 21:12

Remember thay were playing HUGE Stadiums in 1989 not small arenas; not trying to jusify the scalper like prices just mentioning this. The RS Tour leather jackets were $650 in NYC at the Shea Stadium show. Great Show!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 8, 2013 21:15

I had to sleep out on the sidewalks for good seats. Got 8th row center stage so it was worth it. Paid about 50 dollars if I remember correctly.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 8, 2013 21:15

My first 2 Stones concerts...

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: May 8, 2013 21:23

I remember waiting in line for 5 hours at the local "Music Plus" before finally scoring tickets. During that time, they sold out the orignally scheduled shows at the L.A. Coliseum and ended up adding one or two more. Them were the days!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 8, 2013 21:39

as nocode0680 said the $30 dollar tickets from 89 are $56.32 in todays money.

schillids 72 tour ticket at $7.50 is worth $41.77 in todays money.

it begs the question,what the hell happened to these guys? and its not just mick because they all sign the contracts and split the cash.

one wonders how the stones would be seen today if mick and keith would've never fought and continued making great songs and they never got so greedy that they shut out so many people from seeing them live,its kinda sad really.

the fame and glory didnt destroy the stones but it did cripple them,i guess nobody gets away clean eh.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: May 8, 2013 21:43

you can´t compare 1989 to 2013 on anything,,,not even on ticket prices.Two different worlds completely.

Date: May 8, 2013 21:57

marko
you can´t compare 1989 to 2013 on anything,,,not even on ticket prices.Two different worlds completely.

how so?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 8, 2013 21:58

They bitched about the Stones back in 1969 and the high
tix prices..

I didn't have enough cash to go see them in1972..
The cost of the ticket and train ride was way more then
i had back then..

So some things don't change..haha.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: May 8, 2013 22:02

lem motlow
marko

how so?

First off consider the cost of jet fuel. Consider the cost of gasoline for the trucks hauling this stuff across the country. Think about the wages being paid to the lighting guys, etc. It's more expensive now than it was then. I'm not saying that justifies the ticket prices but economic facts are economic facts.

Date: May 8, 2013 22:05

fahthree
lem motlow
marko

how so?

First off consider the cost of jet fuel. Consider the cost of gasoline for the trucks hauling this stuff across the country. Think about the wages being paid to the lighting guys, etc. It's more expensive now than it was then. I'm not saying that justifies the ticket prices but economic facts are economic facts.

you have a search engine, i want you to look up these two words and their meaning-inflation adjusted

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 8, 2013 22:36

Those were the days... those were the days... thought they would never end.

Still, $85.00 aint to bad a price for a Stones ticket, if they are playing in your town.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1322
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home