Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Tom Waits to be Special Guest...gotta be honest
Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 05:17

Apologies Munich. Not sure what happened there. I was trying to quote Stonesrule.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 7, 2013 05:43

shawnriffhard1
Apologies Munich. Not sure what happened there. I was trying to quote Stonesrule.

Just the strangeness and charm is all.
Keep on posting!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 07:38

shawnriffhard1
stonesrule
Hanns, truly terrifies me to think what may lurk in your record collection.

Putting Waits in the same category as Bo Diddley and Solomon Burke is sacrilege.

Stones would be better off with no more extraneous guest stars...just my opinion.

I think you're probably of a different mindset to me, but I do agree that to mention Solomon Burke and Bo Diddley in the same category as TW is sacrilege.

To me, TW is the finest American musician ever based on songwriting. Better than Dylan or anyone else. In terms of performance, I rate him even higher than that, though I know his voice isn't for everyone.

But, in terms of actual musical output, though I love both Bo and Burke, they are in no way comparable to Tom who has been putting out consistently fantastic and sometimes transcendant music since 1973.

Great post shawnriffhard! Yes, Tom Waits is an Americana classic. The man is brilliant. One of the best writers period. Fine you may not get his music and voice, I understand, but take the songs, and they are brilliant. He is held in very high esteme from his fellow musicians, for one simple reason. He is brilliant.

Date: May 7, 2013 11:05

Best Rooster since El Mocambo!!!

Posted by: GratefulFood ()
Date: May 7, 2013 13:06

Tom Waits For No One...

Re: The Rolling Stones - Little Red Rooster with Tom Waits
Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 13:24

GRNRBITW
seitan
Yeah, - I think Tom Waits is the best guest singer they have had..so far..love it !! Just awesome.

I think Tom is best white blues singer there is..

eric burdon reads this board, you know...

Now we're talking. Eric Burdon would be a great guest. Would love to see him on stage with the Stones.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1950
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home