Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Oakland Ticket Drop Now!
Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 22:36

Here in Oakland for the show.

I just wanted to tell people that are interested, that, while I'm in my hotel, I've been scanning for info about guests tonight, went on the RS website and saw the $85 ticket link. I clicked from my iPhone, and it wouldn't allow $85 ticket purchase. So I clicked on "upper level" for section, then chose the $238 ticket option....Sec. 102 (or 105?) row 2, for two seats came up. These were originally $600.00 tix. So, if you're in town and don't have tickets, and don't want to chance $85, or can't get them..great seats available for a good price.

Re: Oakland Ticket Drop Now!
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 5, 2013 22:47

clance65
Here in Oakland for the show.

I just wanted to tell people that are interested, that, while I'm in my hotel, I've been scanning for info about guests tonight, went on the RS website and saw the $85 ticket link. I clicked from my iPhone, and it wouldn't allow $85 ticket purchase. So I clicked on "upper level" for section, then chose the $238 ticket option....Sec. 102 (or 105?) row 2, for two seats came up. These were originally $600.00 tix. So, if you're in town and don't have tickets, and don't want to chance $85, or can't get them..great seats available for a good price.
You are a good man thumbs up wish I was close enough to use your great info/advice.

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 23:00

Thank you kindly. I apologize for what looks like symbols replacing a cuss word, I did not write that, I wrote "name brand" phone, and it corrected to that I guess.

I really hope that fans locally would be able to take advantage of what looks to be some great ticket drops. You have to fiddle with the selections a bit. At first, the default went to even closer lower level seats for 450.00, but like I said, just select "upper level" for section, then the only drop down choice for price is 238.00, then you have great lowers that are 350.00 less than a day or so ago.

I have my one and only "pit package" for tonight. Can't wait! $85's for Anaheim an LA.....so grateful to be alive at the same time as The Rolling Stones, in 2013, and able to see The Greatest Band In The World....another time smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 23:01 by clance65.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 5, 2013 23:05

I just clicked on $238 option and left it Best Available, and found a pair in Section 105 Row 1!

Price Drop on TM.

I wonder if this will happen at other shows (Vegas, Anaheim, 2nd Staples show).
I'm settled with $85's for those shows, but it might be tempting to upgrade at that price if this scenario happens.

Did this happen at the first Staples show?

edit: I'm currently not in Oakland, but wish I was for tonight only.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 23:07 by Hairball.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: May 5, 2013 23:08

All of the selections are giving you lower level seats. The $170 tickets are lower level behind the stage. The $470 are no better than the $270, at the moment.

Posted by: tiffjagger ()
Date: May 5, 2013 23:13

I'm happy for those that can take advantage of this, but I feel a little bad for the people that paid full price a month ago and are getting not so great seats. Really they should upgrade those that bought full price tickets when they went on sale to the lower levels and fill the uppers with 85s or release the uppers at a lower price.Just my opinion.

Date: May 5, 2013 23:14

Out of curiosity, just clicked for a pair at the $480 level/best available, and was given Section 108 Row 23.

Those are further back than what I would have gotten for $238 option Section 105 Row 1 - but maybe a bit closer to the middle.

tiffjagger
but I feel a little bad for the people that paid full price a month ago and are getting not so great seats. Really they should upgrade those that bought full price tickets when they went on sale to the lower levels and fill the uppers with 85s or release the uppers at a lower price.Just my opinion.

Fully agree...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 23:17 by Hairball.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 5, 2013 23:20

bam
All of the selections are giving you lower level seats. The $170 tickets are lower level behind the stage. The $470 are no better than the $270, at the moment.
I thought they were'nt selling behind the stage seats?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: tiffjagger ()
Date: May 5, 2013 23:25

sweetcharmedlife

They are now! Just checked myself.
I wonder if they took too big of a bath with 85s at Staples and they want to at least try to fill the lowers at the $250 level instead of dropping more $85s to fill those seats.
Never a dull moment that's for sure.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 5, 2013 23:29

sweetcharmedlife
bam

Just looked and 119 or 124 side of stage $170.
No mention of restricted view.

Maybe it's trying to sell tix at half price before the $85 drop is available.

Who knows in the world of AEG ????? confused smiley

Date: May 5, 2013 23:32

tiffjagger
sweetcharmedlife

I wonder if they took too big of a bath with 85s at Staples and they want to at least try to fill the lowers at the $250 level instead of dropping more $85s to fill those seats.

Price level $142 for a single:

Section124
Row17
Seats 18
Description
Price Level 4
Lower Level [No Club Access]
!! WARNING !! SIDE STAGE SEATING

Technically it says "SIDE STAGE SEATING", but from my perspective it is pretty close to being behind the stage.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 5, 2013 23:33

Hairball
tiffjagger
sweetcharmedlife

Price level $142 for a single:

Section124
Row17
Seats 18
Description
Price Level 4
Lower Level [No Club Access]
!! WARNING !! SIDE STAGE SEATING

Technically it says "SIDE STAGE SEATING", but from my perspective it is pretty close to being behind the stage.
Yeah I have upper deck side stage seats. Pretty close to behind the stage. Hope it's not obstructed view.

Posted by: CarlG ()
Date: May 6, 2013 01:10

Directly across from the stage lower level $170 down from $600. Wow. I hope this does not limit the good seats in the $85 lottery. Looks like a few thousand open seats for tonight.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: May 6, 2013 01:12

6pm EST I just pulled up a pair of $142 + the FU charges= $170 sec.104 row 27 these were originally $450's.

Also I just pulled up a pair of $275s one section over in 105 not much difference between those two sections.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-06 01:17 by virgil.

Date: May 6, 2013 01:24

Just looked for the max eight, TM showed $142.50 ($170.00 total) as the cheapest. Sec. 105, row 27, seats 3-10. Also looked for a single at the same price point, and it came back as sec. 119, row 17, seat 9 (with a warning of side stage viewing- it looks VERY obstructed to me. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what's going on with Oakland sales right now. What the hell is going on? Damn, I miss GA admission, it worked great at Seattle concerts back in the day...

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: May 6, 2013 01:29

Hey seattle In the past 20 minutes I have pulled up some 170s in 105 and some 275's also in 105 they must be below a certian row #

Date: May 6, 2013 01:32

right now for $170:

Section 107
Row 20

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 6, 2013 01:40

FirstTimeSeattle81
Just looked for the max eight, TM showed $142.50 ($170.00 total) as the cheapest. Sec. 105, row 27, seats 3-10. Also looked for a single at the same price point, and it came back as sec. 119, row 17, seat 9 (with a warning of side stage viewing- it looks VERY obstructed to me. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what's going on with Oakland sales right now. What the hell is going on? Damn, I miss GA admission, it worked great at Seattle concerts back in the day...

Wow blocks of 8 in the 100's on show day... Talk about wide open.

Date: May 6, 2013 01:44

Yeah Virgil, TM's acting a slot machine right now! If I were able to afford to get up there from L.V. for tonight, I would head straight for the box office, and try to negotiate with them. I'm thinking my single $266.70 sec. 216 MGMGrand ticket is becoming like a share of stock- my IPO investment is pulling a FB on me!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2444
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home