Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Where is Blondie Chaplin?!
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 19:07

Anybody knows about Blondie absence in this tour and in 2012 shows?!?

Re: Where is Blondie Chaplin?!
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 5, 2013 19:16

he's under the stage.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 5, 2013 19:22

He was asked to stand behind the amplifiers because his look doesn't fit with the rest of the band.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 5, 2013 19:47

Serious answer: He was not invited. Just as simple as that, and he is not happy about it.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 5, 2013 19:54

Rolling Hansie
Serious answer: He was not invited. Just as simple as that, and he is not happy about it.

Why wasn't he invited? Did something happen?

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: May 5, 2013 19:59

Thank God, he wasn't invited. Mediocre musician, if not bad. Seen him live some years ago, nothing, absolutely nothing. But when he was onstage with the stones, Keith and Ronnie thought, no matter if the don't focus on their playing, after all, there's a background guitar. The Keith- and Ronnie-parts are much better played now, that Blondie is out of the picture. I'm quite happy about this fact.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:00

latebloomer
Rolling Hansie

Nobody needs him, so why pay him.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:02

Now if they can only lose the other singers they have on stage.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:03

BowieStone
latebloomer
Rolling Hansie

Nobody needs him, so why pay him.

Well, that's fine. I just wondered if he had a falling out with someone in the band. Just me being nosy. grinning smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:38

I never heard Blondies guitar with the Stones. I could never hear him live or on bootlegs. It's like he was never plugged in.

Date: May 5, 2013 20:38

Rolling Hansie

Is there an article on that?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:43

I'm glad he is not there. I like it stripped down with the main focus back where it belongs - the guitars of Keith and Ronnie and of course Jagger.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:44

More Hot Rocks
I never heard Blondies guitar with the Stones. I could never hear him live or on bootlegs. It's like he was never plugged in.

I think you are actually talking about Keith. You are hearing Blondie.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:45

RoughJusticeOnYa
he's under the stage.

With U2??? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:45

I gotta think the band reads these posts and Keith said "sorry friend. You're gone. I don't want anybody accusing me of playing air guitar to your parts."

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:51

It's like he was never plugged in

Ronnie, Paris, Stade de France 1998 smiling smiley

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:56

Somebody woke up and realized he really wasn't needed. Lisa and Bernard are more than enough for backing vocals, although I'd rather they revert to having Keith and Ronnie barking and growling their ragged but right backups ala 1978 - 1981. And maybe somebody deliberately decided that Blondie had to go so that Keith would realize he's got to focus and play the way we want him to...without a net. Seems like he's risen to the occasion.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 5, 2013 21:06

And with the Stones for years... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

uhbuhgullayew
RoughJusticeOnYa
he's under the stage.

With U2??? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 5, 2013 21:08

Keith seems in good shape its a short tour but will be interesting to see if he gets better as he used to or if he gets tired. Its a lot of travel for a 70 year old who has more wear on him then most. My guess is he will play better and not pose.

Date: May 5, 2013 21:36

MILKYWAY
More Hot Rocks

I think you are actually talking about Keith. You are hearing Blondie.

That's mean!

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: May 5, 2013 21:53

slew
Keith seems in good shape its a short tour but will be interesting to see if he gets better as he used to or if he gets tired. Its a lot of travel for a 70 year old who has more wear on him then most. My guess is he will play better and not pose.

For the Northern American tour it's only 7 different bases to travel from. There are always days off between shows and he has a team of assistants doing chores for him. He can do this.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: May 5, 2013 21:59

mailexile67
Did you realise that brian jones is not there too. Not under the stage but 1 or 2 levels deeper.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: May 5, 2013 22:00

Just curious to see how many fans Will invite Blondie to their stones event And want to book h&m now....

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 5, 2013 22:41

Mick sees Blondie as bad influence on Keith - that's why he is kicked out.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 5, 2013 23:24

Perhaps he'll be playing with Brian Wilson, Al Jardine, and David Marks.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 5, 2013 23:51

mailexile67

You got to be invited. Eric Clapton has a huge array of people who have toured and recorded with him who are waiting hoping for that phone call. Even for a quickie spot at CrossRoads. All of them are extremely competent. It is up to Eric if he has his people phone you up

Same with the Rolling Stones. You will be summoned if your services are needed. No musician in his right mind will turn down a gig (however fleeting) with Stones or Clapton. Did you happen to hang with Keith or Mick at some absurd fashion show? Lit Keith's cigarette? This can help

Date: May 6, 2013 00:06

The three times I saw the band during the never ending 'Bigger Bang' tour here in Las Vegas, it seemed very apparent to me that Blondie was was being used to cover up both Keith's & Ronnie's playing. Keith's head injury did really do some damage (I thought and still do that all those weird inflatable palm trees that people were waving about like idiots were really in bad taste.)
That, and his (& Ronnie's?) reported drunkeness made two out of three shows a sad and depressing experience for me. Knowing Mick's father had just died before the last show was a strange and bittersweet feeling entirely.
Anyway, that Blondie is not around for this time out is a great thing, IMO. Less is more with the Stones!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 6, 2013 01:37

Rolling Hansie

Just a guess or you read a comment of his going that way?

Last year, someone said that Mick had vetoed his presence if they were going to tour...looks like it paid off.

Now I'd like to know who vetoed Matt Clifford's presence on Stones projects after 1990. Keith? Well Matt is still in charge of recruiting and rehearsing the choirs as their "musical director" so I guess he gets the last laugh!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 6, 2013 07:15

Someone who knows Blondie personally has said Blondie screwed up and is out now and that it isn't just Mick's doing. Doubt we will get more than that for the present, at least not on a public forum.

Regarding Matt Clifford, two keyboard players was more of an eighties thing. They decided to go with one for VOODOO LOUNGE on. That said, Matt is very much a fixture with a hand in pre-production for three of the FOUR NEW LICKS; co-producer and keyboard player for both "Streets of Love" and "Rain Fall Down;" archival assistance for EXILE RARITIES; session work on "Don't Be a Stranger;" and I believe he also had a hand in pre-production of "Doom and Gloom." He also played on "Angel in My Heart" which he helped arrange with Mick and was Mick's musical director, co-producer, and songwriting partner on GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY. He also worked on the Orchestral Stones album in 1994 that featured Mick's orchestral version of "Angie" that sounds like it came from GONE WITH THE WIND.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 6, 2013 07:58

I suppose they have to keep changing things up and be somewhat dramatic about it all while adding new chapters to someone's soon to be written book, available soon... where all will be revealed, believe it or not

I always enjoy reading only the last few pages of books about The Rolling Stones, as they try to sum it all up and speculate on what will come next...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2362
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home