Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
'Slave' to debut tonight?
Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: June 10, 2013 01:05

.....wild rumour

Re: 'Slave' to debut tonight?
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 10, 2013 01:11

it would be cool, but I don't think they'd do it. Not enough for Mick To Do. cyhmk has a long instrumental part but there's the verses during the first half.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 10, 2013 01:19

Wishful thinking doesn't qualify as a rumour.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 10, 2013 04:00

Songs they have a shot of playing are ones that people have the slightest idea about. No one aside from hardcores know Slave.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: June 10, 2013 04:05

you have a better chance of hearing pretty beat up

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 10, 2013 04:20

would be magnificent if they did though....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 10, 2013 04:57

Why would they play that crappy song? There's about a hundred songs in line to be heard before Slave.

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: June 10, 2013 05:06

Back to Zero!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 10, 2013 05:21

Slave would be one of the best songs they could play. Great tune! But they are not going to play it.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 10, 2013 05:31

bye bye johnny
Wishful thinking doesn't qualify as a rumour.

[www.iorr.org]

There is a rumor that wishful thinking qualifies...sources say...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 10, 2013 05:35

Unleash the Kraken!

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 10, 2013 06:42

Never play it, nothing for Mick to do.

And despite all your wishful thinking, they won't play anything off of Rumours.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 10, 2013 13:49

we want SLAVE ,cmon MICK make it happen please ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 10, 2013 14:13

RollingFreak
Songs they have a shot of playing are ones that people have the slightest idea about. No one aside from hardcores know Slave.

Yeah a song from one of their two biggest selling albums. Topped the charts and sold over 4 million copies in the US alone. Not a chance too many would know it then.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 10, 2013 14:16

Gazza
RollingFreak

Yeah a song from one of their two biggest selling albums. Topped the charts and sold over 4 million copies in the US alone. Not a chance too many would know it then.

old people who used to buy records decades ago don't go to rolling stones concerts. you of all ppl should know that.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 10, 2013 14:22

StonesTod
Gazza
RollingFreak

old people who used to buy records decades ago don't go to rolling stones concerts. you of all ppl should know that.

Thanks, Mick!

Date: June 10, 2013 14:25

and remember that one must KNOW a song at a concert to enjoy it...we can't have any of this "let's play something great that they don't know and they'll love it." that's for bands that will never be great like the stones.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2013 00:45

StonesTod
and remember that one must KNOW a song at a concert to enjoy it...we can't have any of this "let's play something great that they don't know and they'll love it." that's for bands that will never be great like the stones.

that sounds vaguely sarcastic.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 14, 2013 00:52

24FPS
Why would they play that crappy song? There's about a hundred songs in line to be heard before Slave.

There you go again.

Date: June 14, 2013 00:53

jazzbass
24FPS

There you go again.

smileys with beer

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 14, 2013 00:54

treaclefingers
StonesTod

Rock bands still do that.

Million-dollar Corporate Entities like Walmart, McDonalds and The Rolling Stones... they don't.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 14, 2013 00:57

jamesfdouglas
treaclefingers
StonesTod

Rock bands still do that.

Million-dollar Corporate Entities like Walmart, McDonalds and The Rolling Stones... they don't.

I know the Rolling Stones don't, but I don't thing Walmart or McDonalds have even tried to put on a concert. Who sings for them?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 14, 2013 01:09

I was just watching Stones in the Park last night and reading my diary entry for the day, and remembering how Mick introduced Sympathy by saying we wouldn't know it because it was off their new album which wasn't out yet, and then they played it and the audience was going nuts banging cans and boxes (and some people had even brought tambourines, it being 1969) and it was amazing. We didn't know most of the songs. JJF had come out two days before. It was one of the best days ever, and I didn't notice or give a shit if anyone's guitar was out of tune.

Sorry, wandering off-topic. As you were.

Date: June 14, 2013 01:57

Aquamarine
I was just watching Stones in the Park last night and reading my diary entry for the day, and remembering how Mick introduced Sympathy by saying we wouldn't know it because it was off their new album which wasn't out yet, and then they played it and the audience was going nuts banging cans and boxes (and some people had even brought tambourines, it being 1969) and it was amazing. We didn't know most of the songs. JJF had come out two days before. It was one of the best days ever, and I didn't notice or give a shit if anyone's guitar was out of tune.

I think In the Park was 1969...wouldn't JJF and Beggar's have been out by then?

Date: June 14, 2013 01:59

Aquamarine

excellent wandering. we need more of that spirit.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: June 14, 2013 02:12

Aquamarine

That's actually HTW. I read that the 45 was given out to folks who hung around and picked up trash after the show. I'm happy to do that if they'll play Slave in Philly.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 14, 2013 03:34

Sorry, yes, HTW. My diary records I bought it when it came out two days earlier and it was great!

Beggars Banquet may have just been out but was new to nearly everyone. Jagger definitely said we wouldn't know Sympathy as it was off their new album, maybe he just meant most people wouldn't have heard it yet. Can't remember whether I had or not. I just remember what a terrific jam it was. smiling smiley

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: June 14, 2013 08:31

I thought the Rolling Stones were and still are a blues and rock and roll band not a disco band.

First Emotional Rescue and now maybe Slave? It won't rock it sucks!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Date: June 14, 2013 08:35

Fan Since 1964
I thought the Rolling Stones were and still are a blues and rock and roll band not a disco band.

First Emotional Rescue and now maybe Slave? It won't rock it sucks!

you must be hearing a different song. slave is not a disco tune.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 14, 2013 08:35

StonesTod

The bigger issue is that the band playing the song must know it.... Does anyone truly believe that more than half the guys on stage even realize they released a song called slave? And by half I am charitably assuming that chuck and Bernard do know it....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1413
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home