Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Gwen Stefani is worse than Lady GoGo
Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:37

She was just awful and started out like she had a mouth full of mashed potatoes.

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Re: Gwen Stefani is worse than Lady GoGo
Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:38

She was not good.

She should have just showed her abs off.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:06

I've been bashing Gwen since I was 15 years old, but the Stones do their guests, and I won't always agree with them. I'm not going to get into whether or not Gwen should have been there, I wasn't even there so it's not my place to say who the guest should have been, those that paid for tickets can decide for themselves what they thought. But the song selection is the thing that's making me scratch my head the most. Gwen might be a good entertainer, but she can't sing, at least not in any way that requires holding a note or staying on key. She made her fortune singing in a baby voice. It would probably have been wiser to use her on a rocker or something, not a song that requires actual singing and harmonizing. I was even the same way with Eddie Vedder, who I love. Now, he can sing, in his own way, but they also put him on Wild Horses, and in my opinion it didn't work. It's not the song for him, at least not him AND Mick, they don't really harmonize. And I don't think it was the song for Gwen. I don't think it was the event for Gwen, but since she was there, I personally would have given her a different tune to try and make the best of it. Not to mention they had a country singer there, who is also not my cup of tea, who probably could have nailed Wild Horses.

Also, was it me or did she have no chemistry what-so-ever with The Stones? I've scratched my heads at some guests, but after seeing them thought they looked like they were having fun or whatever. Mick and Gaga seemed to be having a hell of a time together, and I enjoyed her a great deal even though she's not on my musical radar. And I can say the same for some other guests too, but not really Gwen. Perhaps the cell phone video didn't capture the moment though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 21:10 by NoCode0680.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:18

It's not hard to be worse than Lady Gaga as I found her (Gaga) very entertaining.
Sorry. Just my opinion.

Gwen svcked btw.
They should just stop duetting on WH. It never works.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:23

I'm on the fence a little. I like some of the No Doubt tunes and a few of her solo singles were OK, generally. I'm Just A Girl, Don't Speak and What You Waiting For? are all decent pop releases, IMO.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:25

There's nothing funnier than a guy playing with Lady Ga Ga's name. Like the A-hole last night who came up to the T-shirt stand and stated loudly, "Is this where they sell Mick Jagger's Depends?" I laughed obnoxiously loud ala Deniro. It got everybody's attention. They asked me why I did that and I looked at the guy and said, "Because he's so funny." He slunk away.

Date: May 4, 2013 21:30

24FPS
There's nothing funnier than a guy playing with Lady Ga Ga's name. Like the A-hole last night who came up to the T-shirt stand and stated loudly, "Is this where they sell Mick Jagger's Depends?" I laughed obnoxiously loud ala Deniro. It got everybody's attention. They asked me why I did that and I looked at the guy and said, "Because he's so funny." He slunk away.

Maybe the guy just shit his pants and was really looking for some Depends.

Date: May 4, 2013 22:32

NoCode0680
24FPS

Maybe the guy just shit his pants and was really looking for some Depends.

I can be insensitive.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:00

To be fair, she's no good on her own songs. She over sings the crap outta the simplest tunes. She's like an overexcited wedding singer...

Date: May 4, 2013 23:07

Munichhilton
To be fair, she's no good on her own songs. She over sings the crap outta the simplest tunes. She's like an overexcited wedding singer...

To be fair? And then stick in the knife? She does what she does and many people like her. She seemed a little misplaced on Wild Horses, to be fair. I think it's good to be fair and remember that she is a hard working, respected world wide megastar who has millions of dollars. I for one am sitting at a computer responding to this kind of crap. To be fair.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:11

I Was There, I Thought She Started Ok, My Brother Sitting Next To Me Did Not. Then She BLEW IT when She Missed A Verse And Sounded Like Sh$@! She Slightly Reciveted But Yeah Gaga Was Way Better, Performer At The Least

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:15

She was awful.

A big mistake by Mick when there were so many others around. confused smiley

Date: May 4, 2013 23:19

24FPS
Munichhilton

To be fair? And then stick in the knife? She does what she does and many people like her. She seemed a little misplaced on Wild Horses, to be fair. I think it's good to be fair and remember that she is a hard working, respected world wide megastar who has millions of dollars. I for one am sitting at a computer responding to this kind of crap. To be fair.

I agree. You really should find better things to do...it almost sounds like you believe what you're typing...that's usually a harbinger of change...

Re: Gwen Stefani
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:38

If they'd asked me I would've suggested she should do a call & response with Mick on Miss You -
way more fun for all concerned, I would think!
Wild Horses is too vulnerable and poignant for guests to burst in on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 23:41 by with sssoul.

Date: May 4, 2013 23:43

Munichhilton
24FPS
Munichhilton

I agree. You really should find better things to do...it almost sounds like you believe what you're typing...that's usually a harbinger of change...

I don't type it unless I believe it. To be fair.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:47

She is incredible performing No Doubt songs. Last night was horrid.

Posted by: kharrison ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:50

Guarantee there was some discussion after the show with the Glimmers about that one. My guess is that we will have a different angle on the "guests" going forward, if not then they need their heads examined.

Date: May 4, 2013 23:53

Dan
She is incredible performing No Doubt songs. Last night was horrid.

The No Doubt show I saw in '97 was pretty horrid, in my opinion of course. And I guess I wasn't the only one, bottles were flying pretty freely. But I didn't like their music to start off with. They didn't convert me with that performance though. Gwen mainly just walked around and batted her eyes at the audience, instead of singing just talking about nonsense in that baby talk voice. Maybe it was an off night, or maybe she was distracted because that was the night she met and began dating her now-husband Gavin Rossdale. I might have an off show if I just fell in love with somebody backstage.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 5, 2013 00:03

Ill take Gwen over eggegg ANY DAY.

They just picked the wrong song, why not "Live with me"?
And give her more time to prepare, or have tele- prompters, or google glasses on the ready.

Date: May 5, 2013 00:20

Max'sKansasCity
Ill take Gwen over eggegg ANY DAY.

Another comic genius.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 5, 2013 00:43

Overall the choice of guest artists is rather tacky. I think it has to do with crowd pleasing or maybe public disdain? I mean those artists clearly can't be some of their favourites?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 5, 2013 00:54

BustedButton
I Was There, I Thought She Started Ok, My Brother Sitting Next To Me Did Not. Then She BLEW IT when She Missed A Verse And Sounded Like Sh$@! She Slightly Reciveted But Yeah Gaga Was Way Better, Performer At The Least

I don't know which is worse, BILL PERKS' screaming Caps Lock key posts or someone who types with initial caps to post the world's longest book title every time. Sorry, I'll go take a seat in the back of the thread now....

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:01

Maybe she should've done Honky Tonk Women

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:10

Stop it with these chicks, More Mick T less chicks singing with Jagger

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:12

Date: May 5, 2013 02:15

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:20

Enough is enough already, I'm sick and f-ing tired of these flash-in-the-pan guests.

Date: May 5, 2013 02:24

"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 02:26 by tatters.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:26

tatters

Its about singing the songs, I rather see some fat chick eating a hot dog on stage

Date: May 5, 2013 02:27

24FPS
Munichhilton
24FPS
Munichhilton

I don't type it unless I believe it. To be fair.

Fair enough. But I am a bit skeptical...but again fair enough...but still...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home