Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

No Expectations Hyde Park complete song video
Posted by: still ill ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:54

New to anyone else? The only video i'm aware of is the incomplete version on the Stones In The Park dvd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 11:56 by still ill.

Re: No Expectations Hyde Park complete song video
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 4, 2013 12:17

It's one of the extra in the remastered Hyde Park DVD. Well worth getting as you also get the Jagger interview with members of the establishment following his release from jail in 67.

Date: May 4, 2013 12:31

Silver Dagger
It's one of the extra in the remastered Hyde Park DVD. Well worth getting as you also get the Jagger interview with members of the establishment following his release from jail in 67.

Yep but i'm pretty sure the clip in the dvd extras is incomplete. This has got the first verse which the released version was missing plus some different camera angles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 12:32 by still ill.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:03

Thanks for posting this - my dvd has only the incomplete version as well.
Man are those guitars out of tune, bless 'em -
and my my my is that Keith Richards hot! (He can't help it.)

Date: May 4, 2013 13:27

with sssoul
Thanks for posting this - my dvd has only the incomplete version as well.
Man are those guitars out of tune, bless 'em -
and my my my is that Keith Richards hot! (He can't help it.)

Thanks, thought i was imagining it. Always nice when something 'new' pops up, wonder where the uploader got it.

Not qualified to comment on Keiths hotness thoughgrinning smiley

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:59

Thanks for posting this, i have never seen this complete version before, i have the incomplete version on my DVD...AMAZING

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: May 4, 2013 14:07

Never seen that.Thanks! Mick T does a great job. Pity about Keith's guitar.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:28

I love the out of tuneness and sloppyness of this gig! It was a great show and unique.

Posted by: kharrison ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:54

Just shows that Bill is essential to the Stones sound.

Re: No Expectations Hyde Park complete song video -Stray Cat Blues too!
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 7, 2013 00:04

Stray Cat Blues too!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: May 7, 2013 01:41

Deltics
Stray Cat Blues too!

Great stuff!

The uploader mentions putting up more clips,Stones and otherwise. Definitely a channel to watch.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 7, 2013 02:58

That Stray Cat Blues version is a glorious display of proto punk! The Ya-Ya's version is a lot more dynamic and refined, but this one's great in it's own way. They actually sounded fantastic when Mick Taylor played lots of rhythm guitar.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 7, 2013 03:04

fantastic! I only have the incomplete versions also

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 03:36

well, 'ol sugar lips has worn some crazy outifts over the years, but that one takes the cake LOL

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 03:38

These are great. No Expectations is lovely.

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: May 7, 2013 10:25

What a great band....especially playing not that perfectly well. Dirty and and just great!
I wish I could have seen them back then

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 7, 2013 10:38

still ill
Deltics
Stray Cat Blues too!

Great stuff!

The uploader mentions putting up more clips,Stones and otherwise. Definitely a channel to watch.

Fantastic, thanks. Wild version. Energy.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2013 10:45

Yeah, it - like the whole Hyde Park gig - has a certain charm in it. With that out of tune roughness. I think the Stones is about the only band - I leave all those punk bands out - which can get away with it. They were so young and powerful and determinate at the time, that they could have moved mountains by their will power.

Which made me think... Taylor has described "No Expectations" as his favourite Stones track sometimes, and he plays it rather regularly in his gigs. But this needs to be his only performance of it with the Stones, right? Well, maybe time to do it at Hyde Park in July again...

And thanks for sharing it, Still ill (I hope you get better soon...). Never seen the complete version earlier, either.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 10:47 by Doxa.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 7, 2013 10:46

Ahhh I needed that! Thanks Deltics, and thank you Rolling Stones! :E

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2013 11:10

aah... just saw that "Stray Cat Blues" as well.... that's raw and dangerous by definition! (Makes me remebering when I as a young guy was listening it from one of my first bootlegs, and wondering damn that sounds scary but exciting; I still had so much punk in my blood to appreciate the raw, garage-like elementscool smiley). The version is still pretty close to the studio version - a road version take one - and rather distant from the sophisticated, slowed down version in YA-YA'S (which is perfect by its own terms).

Funny little detail: Keith tries to tune his guitar after it, but as we can hear in the following track ("No Expectations"), does a lousy work.... The deep throat Wyman said in STONE ALONE (I think) that Keith usually had problems with that. Those were the days, before guitar technicians and all that...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 11:12 by Doxa.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 7, 2013 19:32

Doxa
Yeah, it - like the whole Hyde Park gig - has a certain charm in it. With that out of tune roughness. I think the Stones is about the only band - I leave all those punk bands out - which can get away with it. They were so young and powerful and determinate at the time, that they could have moved mountains by their will power.

Which made me think... Taylor has described "No Expectations" as his favourite Stones track sometimes, and he plays it rather regularly in his gigs. But this needs to be his only performance of it with the Stones, right? Well, maybe time to do it at Hyde Park in July again...

And thanks for sharing it, Still ill (I hope you get better soon...). Never seen the complete version earlier, either.

- Doxa

Doxa, you declared yourself "a modern Taylorite". smileys with beer
Thus you have to know Taylor played No Expectations live twice with the Stones. Here's the second time. Enjoy!
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: May 7, 2013 20:38

Lynd8
well, 'ol sugar lips has worn some crazy outifts over the years, but that one takes the cake LOL

Yea Lynd8, was talked about for weeks, it was brilliant outfit - wander will he
wear it at the HPk gigs this year ( says he still has it !! ) spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: May 7, 2013 20:53

leatherjacket
What a great band....especially playing not that perfectly well. Dirty and and just great!
I wish I could have seen them back then

I was there "lj" great gig, sound was just raw and as you say dirty and I'll be in
Hyde Park this July, really looking foward to it drinking smiley

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: May 11, 2013 17:27

Great stuff. Thanks for posting.Please let these vids coming.
1969!!! What a summer to be in London.
First Blind Faith and then the Stones in the park. Though it was not their best playing the vibe is tremendous.
Still hope to see the entire concert on DVD one day.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 15, 2013 21:19

Maybe these new / longer clips are taken from the newly released Japanese laserdisc? ANybody speaking Japanese? Or....reading it, i mean?

[www.amazon.co.jp]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 15, 2013 22:16

[www.blu-raydefinition.com]

Bonus:

Mercy Mercy
Stray Cat Blues
No Expectations
Full Footage

Date: May 15, 2013 22:38

Lien
[www.blu-raydefinition.com]

Bonus:

Mercy Mercy
Stray Cat Blues
No Expectations
Full Footage

Thanks, but those tracks were part of the European and Japanese DVD release, back in 2009 or so. The surprise with the clips posted on this thread is that they are a couple of second longer than previous DVDs. One would think that the page you posted a link to would mention if it was more music than previously, so I'm still not sure if it's taken from that blueray

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 15, 2013 23:19

Erik_Snow
Maybe these new / longer clips are taken from the newly released Japanese laserdisc? ANybody speaking Japanese? Or....reading it, i mean?

[www.amazon.co.jp]

I'm not familiar with previous DVD editions but they say in the description part on Amazon.jp that bonus tracks on previous DVD editions were edited while here it's not edited. So these youtube videos might come from the Japanese edition...

Date: May 15, 2013 23:37

kowalski
Erik_Snow

[www.amazon.co.jp]

I'm not familiar with previous DVD editions but they say in the description part on Amazon.jp that bonus tracks on previous DVD editions were edited while here it's not edited. So these youtube videos might come from the Japanese edition...

Thanks! That has to be the source then

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1818
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home