Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT: NHL Playoffs!
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 1, 2013 22:33

Playoffs started last night. My Black Hawks got a bit of a scare from Minnesota but won in OT 2-1! Locally, it seems everyone is waiting in anticipation of the Canucks home opener tonight against San Jose. Not a Canucks fan so I hope San Jose can at least stretch this series to 7 games. I'm sure all of Toronto will be glued to their tv's tonight as the Leafs play their first playoff game in several years in Boston!
This is the best time of the year for hockey fans since there are playoff games on every night!

Re: OT: NHL Playoffs!
Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: May 1, 2013 22:37

Go Rangers!! (but i think this may be off topic)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-01 22:37 by reg thorpe.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 2, 2013 17:16

Blues looked good but the Stanley Cup Champs gained momentum too as the game went along.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 2, 2013 18:19

Got my ticket for the Canucks @ San Jose the day before the Stones play the same arena next week. Did actually see the very same two teams back in January. Back then Thornton ruled and the Sharks won.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-03 03:18 by bv.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 3, 2013 03:15

Go Sharks!smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: May 3, 2013 04:39

I'm a Nashville Preds season ticket holder but we're out (long story, lots of injuries, etc) so I'm rooting for the Caps. Am gonna try to get tix to a Ducks playoffs game while I'm in SoCal, tho.

Do we think Chicago or PIT will win this?

"Just a poor girl in a rich man's house" * Rockin' in Nashville, TN!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 3, 2013 05:32

I'm boycotting due to the lockout!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 3, 2013 06:44

Malkin > Crosby

Date: May 3, 2013 07:17

Most are assuming a Chicago/Pittsburgh finals but in the playoffs, anything can happen!

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: May 3, 2013 07:44

As a Leafs fan, happy they're finally back in the playoffs, bummed about their performance in Game One. Their youth and lack of playoff experience was very evident. Saturday's gotta be a better effort.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 3, 2013 08:27

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 3, 2013 18:53

I guess The Rangers celebrated a little too early. They acted like they won the Stanley Cup when they knocked The Devils out of the playoff picture.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: May 6, 2013 19:47

I can't believe the Sharks are up 3-0 against Vancouver! Looks like the Canucks will be getting the golf clubs out soon. I'm sure there will be major shake ups during the off season (unless they can win 4 in a row).
Hawks goalie Corey Crawford makes amazing saves but then lets in easy goals like yesterdays OT winner for Minnesota. Similar style goal he let in last year against Phoenix.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: May 6, 2013 19:50

Pittsburgh or Chicago,winners this year.

Date: May 6, 2013 21:04

Those would be the logical choices. I'm pumped that the Leafs played way better in Game 2 and pulled off a split in Boston. Bruins' D shown to be slow, crazy line changes gets Kessel away from Chara and he gets the Boston monkey off his back and scores the game winner! Really happy for Phil, in particular. Keep it going in Game 3, boys, first playoff game in T.O. in nine years!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 09:27 by andrewm.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 7, 2013 08:40

Sharks are rolling...can this finally be the year?

Date: May 7, 2013 09:11

Lots of close series and excellent games tonight. LA/St. Louis, Anaheim/ Detroit, NYR/ Washington. Toronto made some bad turnovers to lose to Boston. It's ironic that Boston plays in the TD Gardens, TD short for Toronto Dominion!

Date: May 8, 2013 10:17

Canucks get swept! As usual, Canuck fans are blaming the reffing. How about blaming Schneider for giving up huge rebounds and not being able to hold on to the puck! Islanders are also giving Pittsburgh a run for their money.

Date: May 8, 2013 11:06

Love it, I can take no small amount of satisfaction from the fact the Buds have already done better in this years' playoffs than Canucks by actually winning a game. Hasn't been easy being a Leafs fan out here in B.C. the last few years, have had to put up with a whole lot of smugness and condescension. Time to start the rebuild, 'Nucks. See ya in passing on the way down.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 8, 2013 11:24

I was at the SJ game. The Canucks were good but they made to many mistakes. And that penalty on OT was pretty stupid. Big celebration in SJ tonight of course. The Stones crew had to wait until OT was over before they could start building the stage for the show tomorrow...

Bjornulf

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: May 8, 2013 15:42

Fleury needs to take a break. He's been awful the last two games.

Date: May 13, 2013 21:45

Couple upsets in the west, #2 Anaheim losing to #7 Detroit and #3 Canucks losing to #6 San Jose. Ottawa beating Montreal and the Islanders putting a scare into Pittsburgh in the East. Tonight's game 7 with Toronto and Boston should be good as well as NY Rangers and Washington.
Looking forward to the Hawks vs Detroit series which starts Wednesday in Chicago!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 13, 2013 21:54

Toronto will party hard tonight if the Leafs win! I love seeing the sea of blue and white watching the game on the screen outside the arena.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: May 13, 2013 22:04

Well at least no conflict with Honda Centre in Anaheim any more.....

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 14, 2013 18:48

Good comeback by The Rangers. I'm no fan of them but my dad must be happy.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 14, 2013 19:07

GO SHARKS!thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: May 14, 2013 19:13

Sorry Toronto, GO BRUINS!

Date: May 14, 2013 19:44

Heartbreaking. Future looks pretty good for the Leafs, though, gotta add a couple vets and shore up the D a bit. Great effort by a young group and kudos to the Bruins on the comeback. If you had told me at the beginning of the year they'd take Boston to Game 7 o/t I'd be okay with it. Learn from adversity, blue!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 14, 2013 19:46

Although not exactly an NHL fanboy I feel sorry for all Leafs fans. 4-1 up and ten minutes to go and still they lose in overtime! Leafs are a bit of a favourite since both Börje Salming and Mats Sundin played there.
Of course though they never won anything...

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: May 14, 2013 19:46

reg thorpe
Go Rangers!! (but i think this may be off topic)

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home