Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Why Keith Richards does not own an Ipod
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 2, 2013 14:05

People in Keith's position don't really need cell phones. Keith has his manager and others in his employ to take and place calls for him. Besides that, I'm sure Patti has one and she's usually close by him.

Cell phones are a mixed bag in my opinion. I have many friends who are freelance, independent workers and they need their cells phones to stay in touch with employers. As a parent, it gives me a sense of comfort when my kids are out and about, knowing that they can reach me if they need me. On the other hand, I can't count anymore the number of banal, trival conversations I've had simply because I can be reached via cell phone. I usually don't even answer mine half the time, but that's also because I leave it on silent all day at work and forget to check it.

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: May 2, 2013 14:16

Glammy
What does he know? He's an old fart.
Go away.

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: May 2, 2013 14:46

lazzzybones
Glammy
What does he know? He's an old fart.
Go away.

:ยด-(

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 5, 2013 15:31

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 17:37

gotdablouse
Title5Take1
Paul McCartney says he doesn't use an iPod because wearing the headphones "make me feel like I'm at work."

That at least makes some sense!

As for Keith, he doesn't own a phone either right?

When Keith didn't want Bill to quit, he refused to cajole Bill over the phone (Bill in London, Keith in Connecticut). He wanted to talk to Bill face to face only. So when he was next in London...Bill avoided Keith and they never did meet face to face, and Bill went ahead and quit.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 5, 2013 17:45

I haven't got an i-pod and my mobile phone only makes and receives calls,nothing else.Maybe texts but don't use it.

I prefer listening to music in the car or home on C.D.'s .

Only just got rid of most of my cassettes to someone who still plays 'em. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:11

Guess Keef does not realize that CD's are digital.

Concerning mp3's if you rip a cd at a 320kbs rate most people can't tell the difference between the rip and the cd source.

Personally I will take a well mastered cd over the same music on vinyl any day.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 5, 2013 22:47

My preference is vinyl on a vintage tude system from the 60's or 70's. If you have Keith's money you can afford to stay with records and cassettes with lots of space to store it all. For the rest of us its like hoarders. There is no sound as good as an old hifi. Its got a realistic sound that booms and makes you actually feel the music. Cds are crap. But even a cd/ipod/mp3 sounds great on an old hifi amplifier and speakers from brands like Sansui, Marantz, Pioneer, MacKintosh, Fisher made in the 60's and 70's. With a good unit, there is no comparison to equipment from now which is all junk. Tubes of course are the best. Real sound!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home