Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LOVE YOU LIVE FANZINE is now available!
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 2, 2013 21:44

The premier edition of LOVE YOU LIVE, ROLLING STONES, the new FANZINE has been published and is now available by contacting Marilou Regan. ( email her at [email protected])
Ok, yes, I have a special interest in this labor of love because I contributed a story with photos. However, this would STILL be enticing to me, even if I wasn't a contributor because this fanzine is simply spectacular! Marilou paid attention to every detail, including the quality of the paper that this 100 page special edition was printed on making the photo quality superb.
You may not know why it's called a " fanzine"...well, it's a magazine written entirely by Rolling Stones fans. Most are stories about concerts or other Stones related events attended by that individual author but some are just very personal pieces about how the Stones impacted that fans' life.
It's no secret that Marilou is a special friend of mine. I wish I had dedicated my life to being a Stones Historian and archivist the way that she has. It has been her way of turning her passion into something so much more. Her book and now these fanzines will be lasting testimonials to the Greatest Rock N' Roll band on the planet. Check it out on her website www.loveyouliverollingstones.com and you can read some of these chapters. You'd better allow some time because when I got my copy in the mail on Monday, that was all I did for the next several hours. Enjoy everyone!winking smiley

Re: LOVE YOU LIVE FANZINE is now available!
Posted by: Big Ed ()
Date: May 2, 2013 22:00

She is one of if not the Best of Fan's that The Stones Have along with BV.
PERIOD. Rock on Marilou!!!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 2, 2013 22:33

Date: May 2, 2013 23:05

Thanks a lot, Koen. If you or anyone that you know wants to write a story for the next issue, please just go to the website and you'll see how and where to send it. You do NOT have to be a professional writer, and actually it's better if you're not. Thanks all!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 2, 2013 23:47

I just got my copy yesterday and it is simply a beautiful publication. The production on this is of very high quality, being printed on slick paper in the style of National Geographic. One other thing I like about it is that the coverlayout and colors match those of her book Love You Live Rolling Stones, Fanfare from the Common Fan and this is a follow up and update to the book, including stories from the A Bigger Bang tour.

The original book is still available from Marilou ([email protected]) and contains several fan stories including those of people on this board, as does this one. And like Mickschix, it also contains a story and fotos by me, especially of the Beacon show.

I am sure many of us have great personal Stones stories and she is looking for new ones for the next issue.

It is more than just a magazine, it really is a small book. I know you will love it.

plexi

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 2, 2013 23:59

I'm sure I met Marilou at one of the the MSG gigs in January 2003.

Good luck to her with the fanzine. thumbs up

Date: May 3, 2013 00:33

Plexi, what's the title of your story? I'm sure I read it because I couldn't put it down!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 5, 2013 21:46

mickschix
Plexi, what's the title of your story? I'm sure I read it because I couldn't put it down!

Sorry, I didnt c yer message til now. -- my story is Fallin' Through the Silver Screen on p. 40

plexi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1700
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home