Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is it time to get excited about this tour? I think so
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 30, 2013 21:19

They sounded great at the club show this weekend. The set list was better than expected.

They have something to prove - people are asking are they worth it? can they still play? will the seats be empty? This band always responds best when they have something on the line to prove - and they get sloppy when they're sitting on top of the world.

Finally, it's clear that ticket prices are becoming very reasonable. They are dropping more $85 dollar tickets, and the secondary ticket markets are now selling great seats for under the list price.

I just bought a couple of row 4 lower level side tickets for under list price.

It's time to get excited about this tour!

Re: Is it time to get excited about this tour? I think so
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 30, 2013 21:42

If not now, then when?
If not us, then who?

time to get excited about this tour?
YES

Posted by: roby ()
Date: April 30, 2013 21:43

>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<I do spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 30, 2013 21:52

Since the PPV I've become interested in Ronnie's playing. He was especially on fire when up against other guitar gunslingers. He's often blended into the background with the Stones but I can finally pick out what he's playing. I've never been a Ronnie basher but his slide playing on Rough Justice is pretty damn cool.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 30, 2013 21:58

Ronnie, in my opinion, has always been one of the best slide guitarists in rock. Some of his work with the Faces is sublime.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 30, 2013 22:35

reasonable prices, yeah right...
except for the 85 ones ofcourse.

Jeroen

Date: April 30, 2013 22:43

corriecas

Jeroen

I agree with your posts about prices. But they are dropping rapidly. There are 600 dollar seats available for 400 dollars today for this weekend's shows - and not at the back of the arena, in fact closer than most floor seats.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 30, 2013 22:54

I guess the real excitement was when the tour opened in December 2012. This is just more of the same really. The England concerts will gather some attention though due to the choice of locations.

Date: April 30, 2013 23:04

Well, we don't what this tour is yet. We don't know if there'll be any guests, other than Mick T.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 30, 2013 23:14

Do we need any more guests other than Mick Taylor........................No >grinning smiley<.

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: April 30, 2013 23:28

I've never seen them and am coming from Nashville to CA to go to a show, so hell yes I'm excited! That set list from Newark last year was what got me enthralled... I probably paid too much, but it just may be worth it.

"Just a poor girl in a rich man's house" * Rockin' in Nashville, TN!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 30, 2013 23:49

sonomastone
corriecas

Jeroen

I agree with your posts about prices. But they are dropping rapidly. There are 600 dollar seats available for 400 dollars today for this weekend's shows - and not at the back of the arena, in fact closer than most floor seats.

400 dollars, well thats a bargain.....
anyway i hope you enjoy a few shows.
Rock on.
Jeroen

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 1, 2013 00:34

24FPS
Well, we don't what this tour is yet. We don't know if there'll be any guests, other than Mick T.

When Mick Jagger was outlining the scope of the upcoming shows a couple of months back he did use the term "special guests" in the plural, and this was after Bill Wyman had bitterly announced that he would not be joining them. But I can't imagine any high-profile names that would travel around with The Stones for 2 months for just one number per show, so perhaps there will be a revolving door of artists and such, perhaps a different cast for each city they play in.

Date: May 1, 2013 00:37

stonehearted
24FPS

When Mick Jagger was outlining the scope of the upcoming shows a couple of months back he did use the term "special guests" in the plural, and this was after Bill Wyman had bitterly announced that he would not be joining them. But I can't imagine any high-profile names that would travel around with The Stones for 2 months for just one number per show, so perhaps there will be a revolving door of artists and such, perhaps a different cast for each city they play in.

It's hard to say. There hasn't even been mention of opening acts. I'm very curious about Friday's concert at Staples.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: May 1, 2013 00:37

crumbling_mice
Ronnie, in my opinion, has always been one of the best slide guitarists in rock. Some of his work with the Faces is sublime.

Joe Walsh plays a mean slide guitar too.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 1, 2013 00:41

steverogan
crumbling_mice

Joe Walsh plays a mean slide guitar too.

As well as Sonny Landreth

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 1, 2013 00:45

I'm very happy for everyone...just wasn't in the cards for me to travel this time around.

I should also say that I prolly wouldn't have went for the more obscenely priced tickets...maybe nosebleeds or the $85 ones if possible.

I'll hope for a 'second leg' of the tour this fall in North America but won't hold my breath.

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: May 1, 2013 00:46

I don't think the stones have ever been in better 'shape'. The alcohol abuse and drug additions are gone. They know that it is now or never.Time to kick some booty. The show I saw in NJ on Dec. 13th was as good of a show, if not better, than any I've have seen since 1978.

They actually look like they're having a lot of fun ripping it up. They really seem focused on the music.

Time for some rock and roll! I am very excited.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 1, 2013 00:55

stonehearted
24FPS

In the UK they will probably do what they did at the Isle of Wight and invite someone else (or several someone elses) from the festival lineup to join them for one song on stage. Probably someone young and trendy if Mick has anything to do with it. My Hyde Park money is on Gary Clark Jr on the 6th and the singer of Vintage Trouble and/or Jake Bugg on the 13th. At Glastonbury, of course, they have hundreds to choose from...

Yes, I'm getting excited - looking forward enormously to finding out what they do in the US and at Glastonbury, and then hearing it for myself at Hyde Park.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 1, 2013 01:10

I'd like to see the fans show up at the show wearing scarves in honour Mick Taylor, and when he's introduced everyone waves the scarves above their heads.
(This is not sarcasm either)

Posted by: jivingsister ()
Date: May 1, 2013 01:20

andrewt
I'd like to see the fans show up at the show wearing scarves in honour Mick Taylor, and when he's introduced everyone waves the scarves above their heads.

Great idea. I will be wearing one! Just got to figure which scarf to choose smiling smiley

Posted by: wopperla ()
Date: May 1, 2013 02:01

Yes. Get excited.

Two words: Mick Taylor.

Love Ronnie.

I first saw them in 1975 in Chicago. They were terrible.

Saw them twice in 1978 at Anaheim Stadium. Horrendous, although being present when it started raining shoes on the stage was Classic.

Then came 1981 at The Coliseum. It was Night and Day.

Ever since then they have always been great to amazing. The key was always Keith. You could usually tell from his first solo if we were going to fly or soar that night.

I am Fired Up.

Date: May 1, 2013 02:02

andrewt

I am going to wear a wig of spiked hair in honor of Ronnie

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 1, 2013 02:39

24FPS
Since the PPV I've become interested in Ronnie's playing. He was especially on fire when up against other guitar gunslingers. He's often blended into the background with the Stones but I can finally pick out what he's playing. I've never been a Ronnie basher but his slide playing on Rough Justice is pretty damn cool.

Agree!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 1, 2013 02:59

tnhybrid, wow, your first show?!!! I am excited for you, and yes, myself too, and everyone else who is going to a show.

sonomastone, could you say where those under face seats are showing up? or email me, just curious.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 1, 2013 03:23

roby
If that doesn't make you excited, you should stop following The Rolling Stones.

Date: May 1, 2013 04:53

angee
tnhybrid, wow, your first show?!!! I am excited for you, and yes, myself too, and everyone else who is going to a show.

sonomastone, could you say where those under face seats are showing up? or email me, just curious.

Stubhub for one...

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 1, 2013 13:36

dougie
The show I saw in NJ on Dec. 13th was as good of a show, if not bettjavascript:editor_tools_handle_right()er, than any I've have seen since 1978.

What about the famous theory "best show ever", show after show ? I don't uderstand. Someone lied to me ? smiling smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 1, 2013 13:58

It's beyond time to get excited about the tour! The Las Vegas show will be #17 or 18 for me since 1978 (I'm a little blurry). I'm really stoked about Mick Taylor playing with Keith & Ronnie. The Midnight Rambler from the PPV was stellar. I do hope they let Lisa Fischer do Gimme Shelter. She's an awesome singer & whilst Lady Gaga, Florence et al did a good job @ the earlier shows they have nothing on her vocally. I'm working myself into a full Stones frenzy! Bring it on! 9 days to Vegas (10 to show)...smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home