Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Plundered My Soul - will they ever play this live?
Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:32

A genuinely great song, I would love them to play this (preferably at Glasto or Hyde park gigs) but haven't seen it mentioned once in rehersals.

It would be a shame if, after the relrelease of Exile and Some Girls, none of the 'new' tracks will get a run out.

Surely Plundered My Soul, Following the River, Do you think I really care, No spare parts - and just as a wish list, during a break - title 5 as a jam. - must have a place on a few of the setlists for the new show...

Here's to hoping

Re: Plundered My Soul - will they ever play this live?
Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:40

No chance they will ever play any of those Exile/Some Girls outtakes.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:42

It is a great song. I really enjoy it. Having said it, I doubt they'll ever play it live. So many reason. 1. if they ever did, i assume Taylor would be there, since they specifically re-recorded the song with him. And why would Ronnie learn that one? 2. They'd never play it with Taylor because its not a classic song for him. When he plays, they need to play something epic, probably because they think so and because they think thats what the fans expect, and this song just wouldn't make the grade. 3. Its just not well known enough, and we know how they hate playing songs people don't know.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:53

Really great song. Probably hard to perform live, like Love Is Strong, another one my favorites.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:57

They might do it—hope so—just to have a "new" tune aside from Doom and Gloom and One More Shot. None of their other reissue songs was a hit like Plundered, which, according to Mick T.'s own website, hit #2 on the Billboard singles chart >>> [micktaylor.com]

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 28, 2013 20:06

flow chart for answering stones questions such as this:

1. Is there risk involved?
2. If the answer to (1.) is yes, then they will not do it

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 28, 2013 20:13

They will never play any songs from the SG/Exile reissues. Huge parts of the audience have never heard the songs. And the Stones can choose out of so many songs over the decades.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 28, 2013 20:34

Well they keep playing f**king You Got Me Rocking . If you know that you know plenty of sh*t. >grinning smiley<

sc uk

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 28, 2013 20:44

Title5Take1
They might do it—hope so—just to have a "new" tune aside from Doom and Gloom and One More Shot. None of their other reissue songs was a hit like Plundered, which, according to Mick T.'s own website, hit #2 on the Billboard singles chart >>> [micktaylor.com]

Let's be straight, that was on vinyl though, during Record Store Day week, and sold about 2500 copies or something.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 21:29

I put it on my request list .

Date: April 28, 2013 21:30

Have they ever played an outtake live?

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 28, 2013 22:13

DandelionPowderman
Have they ever played an outtake live?

Yes, they played Still A Fool, a Beggars Banquet outtake, in the Paradiso 1995.

Date: April 28, 2013 22:16

This is an awesome song that woulda been a contender if released as a single in 1972.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 28, 2013 22:36

treaclefingers
This is an awesome song that woulda been a contender if released as a single in 1972.

It's a great song, but a little too similar to other songs of that era. The first thing that hit my ears when I heard Plunder My Soul was Bill's wonderful that encompassed the whole song. I'd rather they leave this song alone if that element won't be part of it.

As for You Got Me Rocking. I'm not really sure why the antipathy for this song. It's not bad, especially for being from the post-Steel Wheels Stones. And come on, they need to play something recorded after 1981.

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:01

It is risky to sick Plundered, but not no spare parts, easy melody, doesn't stretch jagger for notes, hardly Bill and Ted -esque on guitar either. I think it would be worth a bit of risk though - and plundered got a lot of my friends interested in them when it was relreleased. Agree there is a whiff of tumbling dice about it - but if they could be arsed learning 'hand of fate' 'with all its words!' for 40 licks, this must be worth a play around with.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:13

Nobody within the band except Jagger has a clue which song you are talking about.

Mathijs

Date: April 28, 2013 23:52

24FPS
treaclefingers

It's a great song, but a little too similar to other songs of that era. The first thing that hit my ears when I heard Plunder My Soul was Bill's wonderful that encompassed the whole song. I'd rather they leave this song alone if that element won't be part of it.

As for You Got Me Rocking. I'm not really sure why the antipathy for this song. It's not bad, especially for being from the post-Steel Wheels Stones. And come on, they need to play something recorded after 1981.

Sorry, can't agree with you on YGMR. Butcher's cutting up meat, hookers losing their looks, fighter's taking sucker punches, taxi driver's losing their fare...it's all just too much drama.

Date: April 29, 2013 00:47

treaclefingers
24FPS
treaclefingers

Sorry, can't agree with you on YGMR. Butcher's cutting up meat, hookers losing their looks, fighter's taking sucker punches, taxi driver's losing their fare...it's all just too much drama.

Okay. Too much drama. Midnight Rambler. Gimme Shelter. Brown Sugar. These picturesque songs have plenty of vivid drama. Knives in people's throats. Rape, murder. Whips cracking. But YGMR has too much drama.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:52

I don't think we'll ever hear PMS live.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:25

24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS
treaclefingers

Okay. Too much drama. Midnight Rambler. Gimme Shelter. Brown Sugar. These picturesque songs have plenty of vivid drama. Knives in people's throats. Rape, murder. Whips cracking. But YGMR has too much drama.

It's almost like Jagger went back to their popular songs from the 60s and tried to deduce a formula for what people liked...

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:30

Don't think that they'd ever play PMS live...

Too "mid-tempo" for a big concert...
Would be difficult to re-establish a groove after they get to the "pause" in the refrain (chorus)...

Date: April 29, 2013 01:33

24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS
treaclefingers

I should have been clearer. The songs you've mentioned are dramatic works of art. YGMR is pulp fiction.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:35

Mathijs
Nobody within the band except Jagger has a clue which song you are talking about.

Mathijs

grinning smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:25

The tour might be called "50 & Counting", but the set list this time out will only be counting the first 60% of their run, and will be leaning more heavily on the first 40%.

They are celebrating 50 plus years as performers, rather than as 50 odd years as songwriters.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:42

Please no!!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:48

P M S - Premenstrual syndrome. It's that bad of a song.

Date: April 29, 2013 02:50

treaclefingers
24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS
treaclefingers

I should have been clearer. The songs you've mentioned are dramatic works of art. YGMR is pulp fiction.

YGMR and Pulp Fiction are both 1994. Hmmm. You may be on to something. Something tells me you're not going to like this version either:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-29 02:52 by 24FPS.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 29, 2013 04:16

...out of all the outtakes the only one I think that stands a shot at getting played live might be Claudine....although I think Tallahassee Lassie would go over nice...

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: April 29, 2013 04:46

no

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 29, 2013 07:06

treaclefingers
24FPS
treaclefingers

It's not that it's too dramatic. It's just hack songwriting, throwing together a bunch of cliched images and connecting them with one of the lamest choruses ever.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1329
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home