Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Any chance we'll get a live cd?
Posted by: ak1977 ()
Date: April 21, 2013 19:23

What do you think?

Re: Any chance we'll get a live cd?
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 21, 2013 20:28

There is already a limited edition live CD that has just been released, but there is still no telling what exactly is on it or whether the tracks are culled from recent live shows. It has been released in collaboration with Dan Ackroyd's company Crystal Head Vodka.

[www.iorr.org]

Of course, it would make sense to release for the general public a live CD, since there won't be a new album in 2013, just to maintain their string of "new" album releases every year this decade so far. I would bet on a 50 & Counting general release live CD (likely a double CD in various formats like GRRR!) becoming available for the Christmas 2013 market.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: April 21, 2013 20:40

we donĀ“t need one

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 21, 2013 20:53

stonehearted
There is already a limited edition live CD that has just been released, but there is still no telling what exactly is on it or whether the tracks are culled from recent live shows. It has been released in collaboration with Dan Ackroyd's company Crystal Head Vodka.

[www.iorr.org]

We do know what's on it and it's nothing new.
[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 21, 2013 21:12

Deltics
stonehearted

[www.iorr.org]

We do know what's on it and it's nothing new.
[www.iorr.org]

Yikes. I had actually been interested in buying this, if there was anything new. But I'm not going to now. A compilation of "Love You Live", "Still Life", "Flashpoint", "Stripped", "Live Licks" and "Shine A Light" tracks, without so much as one non-redundant track? It's a cool little package, and many collectors will probably want one, but I wasn't going to buy it without something useful towards my collection on there. Had I paid for that and saw the tracklisting upon arrival I probably would have found the vodka useful though. But a cheap ass bottle of vodka (I have no palette for vodka, they all taste the same to me whether it costs $10 or $100 a bottle) would work just as well for me.

Date: April 21, 2013 23:37

I think, depending on the setlist, we should get one...

Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: April 21, 2013 23:55

I believe a live album would be appropiate at this time. Since this may be the last live tour, a live album would be a nice historic ending to the greatest rock n roll band of all time.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 22, 2013 00:10

Yes, it sure would be nice to have official live releases of the songs they are going to do on this tour.

Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: April 22, 2013 05:05

Sure, I have The Pru 12/13 show along with bioth Uk shows in great quality. Bootleg Cd's are available and very well done in soundboard for the UK and the Pru 12/13 show is a great sounding audience recording.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 22, 2013 05:23

MJRocksoff
Sure, I have The Pru 12/13 show along with bioth Uk shows in great quality. Bootleg Cd's are available and very well done in soundboard for the UK and the Pru 12/13 show is a great sounding audience recording.

I think everybody knows you can get bootlegs of any show, still some of us like official releases. I have the bootlegs too, and they can SURELY be improved upon. Bootlegs can be hit or miss, or just plain @#$%&. Usually the latter in my experience, especially with older ones. I downloaded a bootleg the other day that sounded like some clown recorded it on his answering machine from the neighboring state. With the exception of Brussels first show, I haven't found many bootlegs with sound I personally approve of.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 22, 2013 19:12

I'm sure they'll put one out, with a DVD and all usual fancy editions ...but not until the "tour" is over.
So with that still a bit open ended...It's hard to say when.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 22, 2013 19:17

cds? they still make cds?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 22, 2013 21:45

I'm still recovering from the blow called Flashpoint

Date: April 22, 2013 23:37

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-22 23:40 by ak1977.

Date: April 22, 2013 23:38

ak1977
and hopefully they'll play some different tunes to make this possible collection stand out...like Live Licks and Shine A Light.

i read this three times to make sure i wasn't missing something. anyone?

Date: April 22, 2013 23:39

MJRocksoff

True, the England shows do sound good. But they're not soundboard. A hodgepodge of different sources really. As for the is shows, they're not that good. We need something to document this tour, and hopefully they'll play some different tunes to make this possible collection stand out...like Live Licks and Shine A Light.

Date: April 22, 2013 23:40

ak1977
and hopefully they'll play some different tunes to make this possible collection stand out...like Live Licks and Shine A Light.

i read this four times to make sure i wasn't missing something. anyone?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 22, 2013 23:44

GRNRBITW
ak1977

I just hope they play Rocks Off so when they put it on the new live album they can edit out that annoying 'its all mesmermized' or whatever part.

too trippy for my blood. The sunshine bores the daylights out of me indeed.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 22, 2013 23:51

GRNRBITW
ak1977

The second live licks cd is outstanding. Maybe that is what you have been missing.

Date: April 22, 2013 23:55

Whale
GRNRBITW
ak1977

The second live licks cd is outstanding. Maybe that is what you have been missing.

ok...i'll go look for it now

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 23, 2013 06:58

Arent they still awaiting releasing the official version of the December 2013 show? The version they said was the reason they ripped down every youtube of that show.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 23, 2013 07:01

Munichhilton
I'm still recovering from the blow called Flashpoint

scientists have proven that it takes 1,000 listens to ya-ya's to recover from one listen of flashpoint.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: April 23, 2013 07:44

Why bother...it will just be ridiculously overdubbed and edited to whatever Mick thinks it should have sounded like.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: April 23, 2013 18:53

I would love the new Jersey show. Just put all of them up for download. Low cost easy to access. El macambo while they are at it.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 23, 2013 19:09

We'll get one

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 23, 2013 19:17

They just need to release the NY PPV in time for this Xmas and I'll be happy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home