Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

No Security Intro
Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: February 18, 2005 05:05

I have loved all the intros for all of the various tours, but what about the video entry for the No Security Tour? That was so great. Coming out of the elevator. Very unique, very, very cool!

Re: No Security Intro
Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: February 18, 2005 08:36

yes indeed.

john scialfa

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 18, 2005 13:53

I don't know. I thought the elevator thing was a bit lame...........
It doesn't fit the Stones to be filmed like that. It looks as it's from a Rambo movie.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 18, 2005 14:24

It worked perfectly in the small arenas of the NS tour.

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: February 18, 2005 14:48

I'm with Kent, I thought it didn't really fit them. I wouldn't say I disliked it, but IMO nothing comes close to the B2B intro. NOTHING :-)

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 18, 2005 14:53

........or the VL intro. Jagger was SO cool coming on the stage.......

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 18, 2005 14:56

The No Security intro was fantastic. The idea of the crowd "seeing" the band (although it was pre-recorded) before they came onstage was pretty unique and whipped up a great frenzied atmosphere

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: February 18, 2005 15:45

Yes, the VL intro ruled as well. The fire spitting cobra and the "jungle beat" were fantastic + Jagger coming onto the stage and making this very elegant bow.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: February 18, 2005 15:51

I was at the Birmingham, Alabama show, Voodoo Lounge, where Jagger came up through the trap door.....as opposed to the slow walk intro and bow.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 18, 2005 16:00

VL and B2B intro's are the best i have seen.
I can imagine the intro of the No Security tour worked in the arena's but it didn't work for me during the big open field shows in Groningen and Landgraaf on the "European leg".

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 18, 2005 16:08

I also think the Voodoo intro was great, especially them playing Not Fade Away, I don't think anyone saw that coming as an intro song before the tour started. The drum beat blended into the song perfectly.

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 18, 2005 23:30

I always liked Voodoo best. I saw the trap door and the walk on and actually prefered the latter for its dramatic appeal.

I enjoyed the taped intro for N/S until the last night I saw it. Sitting high up and straight back from the stage you could see Mick, Keith and the gang standing at the bottom of a stairwell awaiting their cue, while the film played

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 19, 2005 00:29

Hey Shawn, I am happy to see that you remember a different entrance also.To this day, I remeber at the Chicago VL I saw at Soldier's Field, MJ appeared in smoke back lit by green laser light AND I WAS SOBER. It was breif, but dramatic. The girls I was with remember it that way also, but every one else telle me I am nuts and it did not happen.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: February 19, 2005 00:45

The No Security intro at the areana shows was awesome.

But the best intro, June 25,1975, MSG, Lotus Stage, Mick in a waist length belted black leather jacket, a huge feather crown, on a ladder as the Keith begins HTW and the stage opens.

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: February 19, 2005 02:37

I loved all intros. Thats the special thing about the Stones. They can offer you one of their greatest songs as the first one (Start Me Up, Satisfaction, Brown Sugar), while others bore you 90 minutes before they play their one or two hits...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2187
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home