Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT; Rod Stewart new video called Finest woman, yeah!!!
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: April 17, 2013 22:52

Re: OT; Rod Stewart new video called Finest woman, yeah!!!
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: April 18, 2013 00:19

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 18, 2013 05:21

Wow, really? Such a long journey from hard the hard hitting and gritty rock of The Faces to such a watered down commercial sounding grab for the charts. Pretty dismal in my opinion.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: April 18, 2013 06:01

whitem8
Wow, really? Such a long journey from hard the hard hitting and gritty rock of The Faces to such a watered down commercial sounding grab for the charts. Pretty dismal in my opinion.

Difficult to believe it's the same person.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 18, 2013 06:50

Certainly not the finest Rod Stewart we've ever known.

From The Faces to The Feces--not even Jeff Beck could have rescued this track.

Half the problem is the production and that overly loud synth-techy rhythm section--why are the guitars buried so low in the mix? For a moment or two there, this track almost wanted to sound like classic Faces.

And to think Rod Stewart doesn't have time for a Faces reunion--this song might have been listenable if it had Kenney Jones and Ron Wood, plus decent rock-minded production.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: April 18, 2013 09:19

Can't vouch for his music these days but he can still wow a crowd and doesn't need to be on stage to do it. I was working a cat show at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium several years back & while we were talking to a customer, a giant hush with some 'ooooohs' came over the crowd. We strained to see who it was & our customer said, 'In case you didn't notice, Rod Stewart just walked by." All I could see from the back was that signiture big hair! cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-18 09:22 by owlbynite.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: April 18, 2013 09:35

Crap.

Date: April 18, 2013 10:57

It's not the Faces, and it's not rock'n'roll, still it's good ol' Roderick back with a new album of new songs. I've heard worse from Rod than this - keep it up!

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: April 18, 2013 11:42

Even worse than Bon Jovi!

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: April 18, 2013 13:01

Finally, Rod Stewart has recorded something worth listening to again.

The production values are a little questionable, though, especially when it comes to the low frequencies. The bass is just a blur. And the horn section sounds like it was flown in by a keyboarder despite obviously real horns and not those crappy 80s keyboard horns. But I guess that's what the 96-tape machine implementation of ProTools does to the sound of a recording.

But the guitars and the vocals and the melodies are very much rock music, the kind of uplifting rock music I like.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 18, 2013 13:19

It sounds like Rod Stewart to me....at least it is not Christmas songs, or Big Band songs.... I gave it short listen, and it sound fine.... like Rod. Good for him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-18 13:36 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: April 18, 2013 14:52

Time is his rockiest album in over a decade. And he lets drop that he is talking with Ronnie Wood about a long mooted reunion of the Faces.
“I want to sing with my old mates again. In fact, I’d like to see a reunion of the Jeff Beck Group and the Faces. What a bill. That’s a genius idea.”
The Faces retain a special place in Stewart’s heart. “You never knew what was going to happen on stage. We used to like having what we called nasty accidents.
I think any entertainer has to have an element of vulnerability about them, so when something goes wrong, I love it.
I see pictures of us now in a big heap, the way footballers jump on top of each other after a goal, and it wasn’t the end of the show, this could be half way through.
We were all so wonderfully drunk.”
The reunion is unlikely to be quite as debauched. “We’ve all got to realise we’ll be getting together for the sake of nostalgia.
We lost Ronnie Lane to multiple sclerosis [in 1997], and Ronnie Wood is now clean, but he’s as funny and sharp-witted as he always was.
So all that money he spent on booze and drugs, he didn’t need it. I can’t wait. I love every minute of being up there.”

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: April 18, 2013 16:54

Rod always plays the 'Faces reunion' card when he has a new solo release to promote, but never follows through when he has the opportunity. He joined them for some rehearsals, but then chose not to be part of the reunion shows in Europe a couple years back.

Toru A
Time is his rockiest album in over a decade. And he lets drop that he is talking with Ronnie Wood about a long mooted reunion of the Faces.
“I want to sing with my old mates again. In fact, I’d like to see a reunion of the Jeff Beck Group and the Faces. What a bill. That’s a genius idea.”
The Faces retain a special place in Stewart’s heart. “You never knew what was going to happen on stage. We used to like having what we called nasty accidents.
I think any entertainer has to have an element of vulnerability about them, so when something goes wrong, I love it.
I see pictures of us now in a big heap, the way footballers jump on top of each other after a goal, and it wasn’t the end of the show, this could be half way through.
We were all so wonderfully drunk.”
The reunion is unlikely to be quite as debauched. “We’ve all got to realise we’ll be getting together for the sake of nostalgia.
We lost Ronnie Lane to multiple sclerosis [in 1997], and Ronnie Wood is now clean, but he’s as funny and sharp-witted as he always was.
So all that money he spent on booze and drugs, he didn’t need it. I can’t wait. I love every minute of being up there.”

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 18, 2013 17:10

whitem8

The man has multiple house payments...lets just blindly buy it to help...

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: April 18, 2013 19:25

Max'sKansasCity
It sounds like Rod Stewart to me....at least it is not Christmas songs, or Big Band songs.... I gave it short listen, and it sound fine.... like Rod. Good for him.

This exactly.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:44

Rod Stewart tops UK album chart for first time in 34 years

LONDON (Reuters) - Veteran rocker Rod Stewart scored his first British album chart number one in more than 30 years on Sunday with "Time", while the French electro outfit Daft Punk clung to the top of the singles chart, the Official Charts Company said.
Stewart, sporting his trademark spiky blonde hairdo, told Reuters that the process of putting together his new autobiography had freed up what is normally a slow song writing process.
"I've written some decent songs, but I've never considered myself a songwriter because it doesn't come naturally," he said. "It doesn't flow out of my pen like it does with some songwriters, it's always been a struggle. It was much more enjoyable this time round."
"Time" is Stewart's first fully self-penned album in more than 20 years, and his eighth British number one album. Despite his success, Stewart, a 68-year-old father of eight, said he had no intention of slowing down any time soon.

Full story at: [music.yahoo.com]

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:45

it's a good record. good for rod. listened to a bbc broadcast from the other night...he's still got it.

Date: May 20, 2013 00:47

GRNRBITW
it's a good record. good for rod. listened to a bbc broadcast from the other night...he's still got it.

What? The record?

Date: May 20, 2013 00:49

Munichhilton
GRNRBITW

What? The record?

i will not tolerate any joking around when it comes to rod the mod. or van the man. or anyone else with the middle name "the"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:55

Attila the Hun

ROCKMAN

Date: May 20, 2013 00:58

Elvis The King

Date: May 20, 2013 01:00

smokey the bear

Date: May 20, 2013 01:01

Munichhilton
Elvis The King

his last name was Pelvis. and don't forget his brother, Enos...

Date: May 20, 2013 01:01

Where's The Beer

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:29

Van Morrison Sucks. (His true last name) Sorry GRNRBITW.

This to me sounds like it would have been miles better without the tamborine and brass section on all those songs. The music videos in the teaser look like they were all done by the same company... and that the company does soap or shampoo commercials. Sexual Religion? Seriously?

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: May 20, 2013 02:34

Rod was on Howard Stern last week and said some nice things about Ronnie...Took some jabs at Jeff Beck and said he is up for a Faces reunion

Full interview on youtube

Date: May 20, 2013 02:37

i enjoy most of the new rod album. there are 3 songs i just didn't like

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 20, 2013 04:02

Rod's new CD is awful IMO. OOOF!! It is not rock and roll and I do not like it. A CD that could have used some decent guitar work.He shoud have called in Jim Cregan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1588
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home