Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
so where will the 18th show in the US be?
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 17, 2013 13:50

just wondered as 17 are confirmed and one more to go.
Mostlikely it will be Eastern US

Re: so where will the 18th show in the US be?
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 17, 2013 15:00

The good news, it's at a club.

The bad news...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 17, 2013 16:34

I believe its El Dorado...they'll need to make a deposit.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 17, 2013 16:47

14 shows in USA scheduled to date
3 shows in Canada scheduled to date

Are you suggesting 4 more shows to be scheduled in the USA?

Date: April 17, 2013 19:23

uhbuhgullayew

14 shows in USA scheduled to date
3 shows in Canada scheduled to date

Are you suggesting 4 more shows to be scheduled in the USA?
Sorry should have been North America - to be more precisetongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: April 17, 2013 19:27

Vancouver.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: April 17, 2013 19:42

Yes should be Vancouver but maybe they will have to wait til the fall, if so it will be sold out.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 17, 2013 19:44

Macon, GA - 10 miles from Chuck's home

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 17, 2013 19:45

daytime
Yes should be Vancouver but maybe they will have to wait til the fall, if so it will be sold out.

Well a Pacific Northwest show is seemingly a must. If it's not Vancouver, Seattle is another oversight.

I think they could sell out both markets no problem, even at the current price level.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 17, 2013 20:00

I predict another show in L.A.

And aside from an official date, there will also be a surprise club show prior to May 2nd.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 17, 2013 20:28

[www.iorr.org]

If you include the rumoured one in Wells Fargo you have 18 shows.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 17, 2013 20:33

To determine the 18th North American date, you have to examine the tour dates and determine which added show would not generate a string of too many gigs falling on every other day. They have 3 dates in Chicago and 2 in Boston (June 12 and 14), so you would figure they would add another one in Boston, but that would mean playing in Boston on June 12, 14, and 16 and then Philadelphia on the 18th. My guess is that with plenty of time until Glastonbury, they will add another in Philadelphia on the 20th, so that people from the New York and D.C. areas will travel to that one.

Date: April 17, 2013 20:34

vermontoffender
Vancouver.
would be nice, but I don't think they will make that excursion this time.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: April 17, 2013 20:55

stonehearted
To determine the 18th North American date, you have to examine the tour dates and determine which added show would not generate a string of too many gigs falling on every other day. They have 3 dates in Chicago and 2 in Boston (June 12 and 14), so you would figure they would add another one in Boston, but that would mean playing in Boston on June 12, 14, and 16 and then Philadelphia on the 18th. My guess is that with plenty of time until Glastonbury, they will add another in Philadelphia on the 20th, so that people from the New York and D.C. areas will travel to that one.

They're already playing Philadelphia on the 21st so the 20th is out. They won't play two nights in a row.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 17, 2013 21:10

stonehearted

I doubt they'd be playing Philadelphia on both the 20th and the 21st. They haven't done full-length shows on consecutive days in nearly 10 years, since August 2003 (Utrecht and Rotterdam on the 15th and 16th).

Washington was supposed to get a show. Maybe they could do one night at the Verizon Center on the 24th or 25th (Bruno Mars is booked there on the 22nd, One Direction on the 23rd).

Date: April 17, 2013 21:51

ab
stonehearted

I doubt they'd be playing Philadelphia on both the 20th and the 21st. They haven't done full-length shows on consecutive days in nearly 10 years, since August 2003 (Utrecht and Rotterdam on the 15th and 16th).

Washington was supposed to get a show. Maybe they could do one night at the Verizon Center on the 24th or 25th (Bruno Mars is booked there on the 22nd, One Direction on the 23rd).

I didn't realize they were playing in Philadelphia on the 21st, I was only aware of their playing on the 18th. Because I missed out on the $150 tix for the 14th in Boston, I was holding out hope that they might add a third show in Boston for Sunday the 16th, but I doubt it because the higher end tickets aren't selling for the 14th and also because I'm sure they wouldn't want to string together too many dates falling every other day as well. But, who knows, with 4 days between the second Boston show and the first Philly show, I would kind of like to hang on to a bit of hope.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-17 22:06 by stonehearted.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 17, 2013 22:13

My money's on May13th in Vegas (although hopes lessened by the fact that MGM's site bill's the 11th as a "one night only" concert...

Or..May 22nd or 23rd in Vancouver. Like Montreal, Vancouver was widely speculated
and would sell out quick...

I'm liking the chances of Vancouver better.. either way would be a go for me.

Date: April 17, 2013 23:27

MisterDDDD
My money's on May13th in Vegas (although hopes lessened by the fact that MGM's site bill's the 11th as a "one night only" concert...

Maybe they'll play a matinee in Vegas on the 13th.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 18, 2013 00:35

Still in shock that they're skipping MSG.. I know, they played New York, but historically they never skip NYC- the Garden.

Date: April 18, 2013 00:37

MisterDDDD

Or..May 22nd or 23rd in Vancouver. Like Montreal, Vancouver was widely speculated

Good lord don`t say that...I gave up, and I just spent my discretionary money on the BOND 50 Blu Ray set!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 18, 2013 00:41

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

Good lord don`t say that...I gave up, and I just spent my discretionary money on the BOND 50 Blu Ray set!

Probably a wise choicedrinking smiley

Date: April 18, 2013 01:12

BluzDude
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

It is amazing. It has over 120 hours of special features. That doesn`t include the actual movies. I`ll be watching this stuff for years!

On the first disc, for Dr. No, some of the extra`s include footage of all of the world premiere events. Fantastic stuff. I`m just barely getting into it but if your a Bond aficionado it`s pretty amazing.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 18, 2013 01:43

treaclefingers
BluzDude
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

It is amazing. It has over 120 hours of special features. That doesn`t include the actual movies. I`ll be watching this stuff for years!

On the first disc, for Dr. No, some of the extra`s include footage of all of the world premiere events. Fantastic stuff. I`m just barely getting into it but if your a Bond aficionado it`s pretty amazing.

Well, now that I have a blu ray player and I think about the $600 tickets I didn't spend my money on (I love the number 85), I just may have to add this to my librarythumbs up

Date: April 18, 2013 01:49

BluzDude
treaclefingers
BluzDude
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

Well, now that I have a blu ray player and I think about the $600 tickets I didn't spend my money on (I love the number 85), I just may have to add this to my librarythumbs up

I love the number 69 better. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

US $69.85 Ticket + US $15.15 Fees = US $85.00

Date: April 18, 2013 03:22

uhbuhgullayew
BluzDude
treaclefingers
BluzDude
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

I love the number 69 better. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

US $69.85 Ticket + US $15.15 Fees = US $85.00

derty

Date: April 18, 2013 03:57

treaclefingers
BluzDude
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

Treac, that Bond 50 disc set, is it only in Blu Ray? What did it cost?

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: April 18, 2013 04:58

San Fransisco...didn't I see a picture of Mick wearing a t-shirt that listed San Fran?

Date: April 18, 2013 05:34

stonehearted
treaclefingers
BluzDude
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

No, in DVD as well, but if you're going to spend the money anyway, go all the way I say.

Done and ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL job in restoration. There is actually a vignette in the first disc on the process. Fantastic. Dr. No looks like it was filmed yesterday and I'm only minorly giving you hyperbole...it's truly stunning.

The rub is that it is around $250 plus sales tax for all the discs (except missing the last movie, Skyfall but there is a placeholder for it.

HOWEVER, I purchased on Amazon.co.uk, for 65 GBPs when it when on sale so about $110 including delivery, no sales tax! I think it's a bit more than that now.

All the discs are 'region free' with the exception of Quantum of Solace, which is encoded for the Euro zone. I don't have an 'all region' blu ray player but was able to rationalize that saving almost $200 was worth it (plus Solace has to be the worst movie in the entire franchise, so no loss).

Here is the listing...

[www.amazon.co.uk]

if you're not from UK, they take something like 20% off in the basket, just before you go to the final pay screen. It's a bit more than when I purchased it, but still a good deal I think.

Good luck with it!

Date: April 18, 2013 05:54

treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers
BluzDude
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

No, in DVD as well, but if you're going to spend the money anyway, go all the way I say.

Done and ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL job in restoration. There is actually a vignette in the first disc on the process. Fantastic. Dr. No looks like it was filmed yesterday and I'm only minorly giving you hyperbole...it's truly stunning.

The rub is that it is around $250 plus sales tax for all the discs (except missing the last movie, Skyfall but there is a placeholder for it.

HOWEVER, I purchased on Amazon.co.uk, for 65 GBPs when it when on sale so about $110 including delivery, no sales tax! I think it's a bit more than that now.

All the discs are 'region free' with the exception of Quantum of Solace, which is encoded for the Euro zone. I don't have an 'all region' blu ray player but was able to rationalize that saving almost $200 was worth it (plus Solace has to be the worst movie in the entire franchise, so no loss).

Here is the listing...

[www.amazon.co.uk]

if you're not from UK, they take something like 20% off in the basket, just before you go to the final pay screen. It's a bit more than when I purchased it, but still a good deal I think.

Good luck with it!

I don't have a Blu Ray player, so I'll have to go with the DVD, but thanks for the low-down. Sounds like a great release. One hundred and twenty hours plus the featured movies of entertainment, and to think, you could pay the same amount for just 2 hours with The Stones. I think you made the right financial choice as well!

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: April 18, 2013 09:45

stonehearted
ab
stonehearted

I didn't realize they were playing in Philadelphia on the 21st, I was only aware of their playing on the 18th. Because I missed out on the $150 tix for the 14th in Boston, I was holding out hope that they might add a third show in Boston for Sunday the 16th, but I doubt it because the higher end tickets aren't selling for the 14th and also because I'm sure they wouldn't want to string together too many dates falling every other day as well. But, who knows, with 4 days between the second Boston show and the first Philly show, I would kind of like to hang on to a bit of hope.

sure hope they add MSG June 16. Have a Father's Day Special! Spiffy hats to every guy with paid admission!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2008
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home