Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1966 Rolling Stones US tour--any photos?
Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: April 16, 2013 20:00

HI All

I am looking for photos from the 1966 US tour... I was on it and was too busy to take any pics. It is the only image lacking section of my book and wondered if the fans could help..
Contact me by clicking here and sending me a message on my site...

thank you
Ronnie Schneider

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-16 20:03 by bmuseed.

Re: 1966 Rolling Stones US tour--any photos?
Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 21:35

I've got the poster (in pristine condition) same as the cover of the program.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 16, 2013 21:48

This was the set list for The Manning Bowl in Lynn, Massachusetts, on 24 June 1966, which was cut short by rain, after which the fans resorted to rioting, though there are no photos of the band themselves from this gig.

Here is an article from the Boston Globe featuring someone who attended the show: [onlyinlynn.blogspot.com]

Opening act was local Boston band The Mods. Mods drummer Harry Sandler later played in the band Orpheus.

Story of The Mods at: [www.orpheusreborn.com]

Mods drummer Harry Sandler remembers that day:

The afternoon whizzed by and soon it was time to play to an enormous crowd of Stones fans. Not an easy task. It was obvious what everyone wanted and who everyone came to see but we played a great set and ultimately won the audience over. It was The Mods’ moment in the sun.

Actually, the rain. It began to drizzle. We quickly struck our equipment and the legendary DJ Arnie “Woo Woo” Ginsburg introduced the Stones. After ten songs and under a threatening sky, rain began to fall and the frenzied audience started to rush the stage. As the barriers were breached the police dropped tear gas to quell the mob. The scene was absolute mayhem. Brian handed me his dulcimer just as they ended “Lady Jane” and the boys immediately rushed from the stage, jumped into waiting vans and sped away.

Full story at: [mmone.org]

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 16, 2013 22:34

Cool stuff! And glad to know you're on here, Ronnie.

Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: April 17, 2013 05:41

I remember the smell of the tear gas...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 17, 2013 22:00

Really looking forward to your book! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: April 20, 2013 10:17

Why did the Stones get banned in Boston?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 20, 2013 10:37

owlbynite
Why did the Stones get banned in Boston?

Security, rather than popularity....

[news.google.com]

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: April 23, 2013 10:00

stonehearted
This was the set list for The Manning Bowl in Lynn, Massachusetts, on 24 June 1966, which was cut short by rain, after which the fans resorted to rioting, though there are no photos of the band themselves from this gig.

Here is an article from the Boston Globe featuring someone who attended the show: [onlyinlynn.blogspot.com]

Opening act was local Boston band The Mods. Mods drummer Harry Sandler later played in the band Orpheus.

Story of The Mods at: [www.orpheusreborn.com]

Mods drummer Harry Sandler remembers that day:

The afternoon whizzed by and soon it was time to play to an enormous crowd of Stones fans. Not an easy task. It was obvious what everyone wanted and who everyone came to see but we played a great set and ultimately won the audience over. It was The Mods’ moment in the sun.

Actually, the rain. It began to drizzle. We quickly struck our equipment and the legendary DJ Arnie “Woo Woo” Ginsburg introduced the Stones. After ten songs and under a threatening sky, rain began to fall and the frenzied audience started to rush the stage. As the barriers were breached the police dropped tear gas to quell the mob. The scene was absolute mayhem. Brian handed me his dulcimer just as they ended “Lady Jane” and the boys immediately rushed from the stage, jumped into waiting vans and sped away.

Full story at: [mmone.org]

WOW!! check out them ticket prices!!
=====================================================

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home