Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
no southern us shows stones 2013 tour
Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: April 18, 2013 21:06

new to this forum,but putting my 2 cents in,the stones i think are giving the fingerto the southern u.s., the last 2 live dvd's are filmed where philly san fran., no houston and forth worth texas they aint to old to get there butts to texas

Re: no southern us shows stones 2013 tour
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 18, 2013 21:15

Maybe they are doing what McCartney now does, tour in sections. I wouldn't be surprised if they come back by the end of the year and do shows in Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta, Miami & Tampa. Maybe even a stop in the northwest. I think if this tour works out (financially, physically and soundwise), you may see another 20 dates several months down the road. Also, easier to get insurance this way.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 18, 2013 21:22

There will be a pt. 2 tour in USA later this year. Dallas, Miami etc. This is just Pt. 1...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 18, 2013 21:34

Have they ever seen Dallas from a DC9 at night?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 18, 2013 21:38

rednecks are ppl too, you know.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 18, 2013 21:51

If there is a part 2 to this tour I hope they remember us obscure folks here in the New York City area. We are only the most populated area of the country.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 18, 2013 21:54

FrankM
If there is a part 2 to this tour I hope they remember us obscure folks here in the New York City area. We are only the most populated area of the country.
The same obscure folks who got three shows in December?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: April 18, 2013 22:00

sweetcharmedlife
FrankM

December seems like eons ago lol.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: April 18, 2013 22:01

sweetcharmedlife
FrankM

Some people are never happy Frankly

Date: April 18, 2013 22:04

Munichhilton
sweetcharmedlife
FrankM

Don't get me wrong. I didn't expect them to start this tour in NYC but if they are doing nearly twenty shows they can have one in this area.

Date: April 18, 2013 22:32

IF there is a part 2 of the Stones current 2013 US tour the Stones will play MSG in late November or December.

Date: April 18, 2013 22:33

FrankM
Munichhilton
sweetcharmedlife
FrankM

Don't get me wrong. I didn't expect them to start this tour in NYC but if they are doing nearly twenty shows they can have one in this area.

Alright...maybe ONE. I'll talk to Chuck...

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: April 18, 2013 23:27

Perhaps the Stones have seen The Help and have decided they don't want to go.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: April 18, 2013 23:34

bv
There will be a pt. 2 tour in USA later this year. Dallas, Miami etc. This is just Pt. 1...

Many thanks for the info.
Are the shows in the "rumored" or "probably" category, or even less likely?

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 19, 2013 01:52

Los Angeles and Anaheim are pretty far south in the USA.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: April 19, 2013 01:58

waaaahhh!

No shows in the NW US either but I aint wining about it.

Obviously we all want a local Stones show but this appears to be unlikely as they themselves have said they dont want the 2year mega tours anymore. Many of us will need to get on a flight (505?) to see them. More money for sure but thats how it goes this time around..or perhaps from now on. IF they tour after this go round we can expect less shows and higher prices.

Think about the fans in Europe or South America...or our buddy Rockman down under...THEY are facing BIG costs to see our boys this tour.

Stop complaining and be happy they are at least playing on your continent.

Date: April 19, 2013 01:59

uhbuhgullayew

You are correct. Anaheim I believe is less than (or very close to) 100 miles to the Mexican border.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 19, 2013 02:08

FrankM

This is part 2. You got Part 1. Part 3 TBD.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 19, 2013 02:11

Think about the fans in Europe or South America...or our buddy Rockman down under...THEY are facing BIG costs to see our boys this tour

Hey YEAH doin' the first three shows in US .... Will accept free booze & $$$donations

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 19, 2013 02:18

Rockman
Think about the fans in Europe or South America...or our buddy Rockman down under...THEY are facing BIG costs to see our boys this tour

Hey YEAH doin' the first three shows in US .... Will accept free booze & $$$donations

awwwww..so happy for you Rockeee. Don't count on me for cash, but if you make your way east to Philly, I"ll buy you a beer or two and throw in some pumpernickle bread to soak it up. Guess you won't be needing that t-shirt. cool smiley

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: April 19, 2013 02:18

Awesome!

Make it four, get to Vegas, and drinks are on me!

Date: April 19, 2013 02:19

Rockman

I can help you with the free booze, and I can also be your chauffeur for a day or 2 while in So Cal.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 19, 2013 04:47

Great, one more thing for Southerners to be resentful about.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 19, 2013 05:01

71Tele

Well, you did lose the war.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 19, 2013 06:37

latebloomer
71Tele

Well, you did lose the war.

Not me, I'm a Yankee.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 19, 2013 07:10

uhbuhgullayew

But they're on the coast, so they're considered in the west. The only south that's acknowledged out there is southern California, but still not the true South. The U.S. only has a south in the middle. Even Florida is not considered part of the South, because so many Yanks from the north wind up living there, eventually....

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 19, 2013 07:56

They will play Nashville... or Memphis.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 19, 2013 08:21

>The U.S. only has a south in the middle.

That's nonsense. Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana -- that's all the South and certainly not "in the middle" of anything.

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: April 19, 2013 08:35

FrankM
Munichhilton
sweetcharmedlife
FrankM

How far is Philly or even Boston from NY? On the west coast, a 6 hour drive still seems somewhat in "the area". I live in Portland, Or., and am happy to only have a two hr. plane ride to Oakland or L.A. We travel to Seattle, a 3 hr. drive....that would be a local show.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 19, 2013 08:49

clance65
FrankM
Munichhilton
sweetcharmedlife
FrankM

How far is Philly or even Boston from NY? On the west coast, a 6 hour drive still seems somewhat in "the area". I live in Portland, Or., and am happy to only have a two hr. plane ride to Oakland or L.A. We travel to Seattle, a 3 hr. drive....that would be a local show.
Agreed. I live in NJ and it was between Philly or Boston. Philly is 2 hours away. A bit of a hassle, but easily doable, even on a workday. Boston is 4 hours or so, so thats a bit more but I didn't rule it out. They literally JUST played NJ and a show in NY. Before anyone else and as two of only 3 places they played in 2013. Yes, I agree its not weird to think they might play MSG (I certainly hope they don't now that I have Philly tickets as that would just be extremely annoying), but just singled out our area above everyone else's 5 months ago. Completely understandable they don't play here again, and they're playing very close by that if you still want to go from NJ or NY, its easily doable.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home