Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Honestly...Should I pass on Philly?
Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: April 13, 2013 04:12

HELP!!!

Should I try to get Philly tickets or hold out for poss Pittsburgh shows?

Im getting aggravated...GRRR!!!

Re: Honestly...Should I pass on Philly?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 13, 2013 04:19

ChrisO
HELP!!!

Get the $85.00 seats (work it) for Philly and hope for the best for Pittsburgh.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 13, 2013 04:24

I have been trying to get tix with the Citibank pre-sale deal but they are proposing only the $600 right now. Anybody knows if the pre-sale will offer less expensive tix again?
Rock and roll,
Mops

Date: April 13, 2013 04:30

rollmops
I have been trying to get tix with the Citibank pre-sale deal but they are proposing only the $600 right now. Anybody knows if the pre-sale will offer less expensive tix again?
Rock and roll,
Mops

From what I have read here I dont think there are $85.00 tickets in the presale, others might confirm this.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 13, 2013 04:36

rollmops
Rock and roll,
Mops

I doubt it rollmops, I gave up this afternoon.

I paid $813 for my ticket to the Newark show in Dec., but this time around, I can't go that high. I'm just going to hope I get lucky and and grab a few of those $85 seats. If not, I'll be content to watch from the rafters or see if I can scramble for something late in the game.
I think since there are more concerts to choose from this time, it should be easier to get what I want, if I can control my twitchy mouse finger, and that's a big IF. cool smiley

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 13, 2013 07:08

Yes. Pass on Philly. Horrible people, horrible food.

You'd show up in black and gold, and they'd pour beer on you. You'd have a lousy time. Stay home.

tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: April 13, 2013 07:15

Get stuffed AB. Philly is THE best Stones city in the US, with a long history of memorable shows (not all great, but memorable for sure). GREAT PEOPLE, fantastic food and a bar in center city deadicated to Steelers games and fans every gameday. I'll be at all three shows and welcome someone to talk Steelers with, so come on over ChrisO!

Date: April 13, 2013 07:44

shawnriffhard1
Get stuffed AB. Philly is THE best Stones city in the US, with a long history of memorable shows (not all great, but memorable for sure). GREAT PEOPLE, fantastic food and a bar in center city deadicated to Steelers games and fans every gameday. I'll be at all three shows and welcome someone to talk Steelers with, so come on over ChrisO!

Thanks for the invite Shawnriffhard1!
Looks like this is gonna be my show !

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 13, 2013 12:31

Nice, get back from the west cosast shows. Then Philly!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 13, 2013 15:57

They will probably do three shows in Philly: June 18, 21, 23. Forget about Pittsburgh. Get your Philly ticket and take the train. See you in Philly!

Bjornulf

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 13, 2013 16:06

bv
They will probably do three shows in Philly: June 18, 21, 23. Forget about Pittsburgh. Get your Philly ticket and take the train. See you in Philly!

That's great news bv, thank you!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 13, 2013 16:14

shawnriffhard1

They talk Steelers in Philly? Damn they must truly hate Vick.
That garbage is like talking Niners in Oakland...

You guys are screwy out there...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 13, 2013 17:03

Imo you shouldn't pass out in Philly... too dangerous : you'd wake without shoes or wallet.
Hi Mick! Are you reading this? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: April 13, 2013 17:12

ChrisO
HELP!!!

Don't listen to knuckleheads like AB come join us in Philly its a great place to see The Stones! Ask BV he's been around the world to see The Stones and LOVES Philly.Good food,fun crowd and our favorite band!Don't expect Pittsburgh it doesn't look like that is happening. As far as the idiotic remark by AB about wearing your black and gold to Philly two of the longest standing ovations I have been part of at a sporting event in Philly was for The Pittsburgh Penguin Mario Lemieux!

Date: April 13, 2013 18:00

bv

Thank you BV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: April 13, 2013 18:03

fleabitmonkey
ChrisO
HELP!!!

Don't listen to knuckleheads like AB come join us in Philly its a great place to see The Stones! Ask BV he's been around the world to see The Stones and LOVES Philly.Good food,fun crowd and our favorite band!Don't expect Pittsburgh it doesn't look like that is happening. As far as the idiotic remark by AB about wearing your black and gold to Philly two of the longest standing ovations I have been part of at a sporting event in Philly was for The Pittsburgh Penguin Mario Lemieux!

Thank you Fleabitmonkey!!! I will see you there also!!!!!!!!

Date: April 13, 2013 18:04

dcba
Imo you shouldn't pass out in Philly... too dangerous : you'd wake without shoes or wallet.
Hi Mick! Are you reading this? >grinning smiley<

Thanks Dcba....I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 13, 2013 18:09

I'd love to go to any concert in Philly. They always seem to have rockin' crowds in concerts I've heard from there, like The Doors Live In Philadelphia '70 and the Pearl Jam "Tearing Down The Spectrum" box set from when they played the final shows at the old Spectrum. I've been to Pittsburgh, kind of a bore. Went to a Pirates game (while Bonds was there, hit a walkoff homer), and walked around some, but there wasn't much to do. Go get yourself a cheesesteak, take a stupid picture with the Rocky statue, drink a beer with the Philly Phanatic and go see the Stones.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: April 13, 2013 20:24

Not realy a similar situation. As a long time Northern California resident, I can tell you the Steelers- Eagles dynamic bears no relation to Niners-Raiders crazieness. That would be more Giants-Eagles. The Giants are 90 minutes away; the Steelers are 4 hours across the state.

Hey Fleabit; long time since the NY Dolls. How you doing? Still am kind of in shock over Jimmy Whitley. Can't believe Keith outlived Cardinal Fang!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 13, 2013 23:06

if you can get the 85 dollar seats go for it. but no band is worth paying an arm and a leg for. jmho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-13 23:07 by ryanpow.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 13, 2013 23:15

Philly is ok. I love it. Liberty Bell, a great and "live" city. Nothing like Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive. Just don't wear your Rolex and other jewelry. It's probably in the Pawn shop anyway...

Don't know why people are always so worried. I have walked through Mexico City at night, downtown LA and all the way to Korea Town from a show no worries, all over Washington late, Manhattan lower part in 89, "people think I am crayseeee", and I have even survived the sniper who was out in my area when I thought I picket a safe place outside Washington in 2002. Life is easy, just don't worry!

Bjornulf

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 13, 2013 23:35

shawnriffhard1

Philly people think they're the best at everything, but don't do much to support that thought without getting violent. It's that collective chip on their shoulder that they've had since the nation's capitol was moved out of there more than 200 years ago.

Memorable Stones shows? If your idea of memorable includes the 3 at JFK Stadium in '78 and '81 (all stinkers) and the power failure during Shattered at the Vet in '89. Even Keith got into the act at the 1997 B2B show at the Vet before he began his midshow mini-set: "Philly, huh? Smells the same!" I'll give ya the Philadelphia Special show from '72, though.

Food? Their idea of haute cuisine is cheesesteaks served by a yahoo who won't serve non-English speakers. And, if they're such great people, then why the jail at the Vet? And what's with the five guys beating up one Ranger fan at Pat's for no reason after the Winter Classic? I'll give ya Monk's Tavern, however.

Having said all that, I've seen the Stones in Philly four times since 1978 and will likely be stuck having to go there this time around. Have a nice day. grinning smiley

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: April 13, 2013 23:54

shawnriffhard1

Not realy a similar situation. As a long time Northern California resident, I can tell you the Steelers- Eagles dynamic bears no relation to Niners-Raiders crazieness. That would be more Giants-Eagles. The Giants are 90 minutes away; the Steelers are 4 hours across the state.

Hey Fleabit; long time since the NY Dolls. How you doing? Still am kind of in shock over Jimmy Whitley. Can't believe Keith outlived Cardinal Fang!
Hey Shawn wrong fbmonkey I just joined the board 4 months ago so I could share photos from the Brooklyn and Newark shows I had TPit for Brooklyn. I've been reading the board for several years just didn't join the conversation. It's amazing Keith has outlived a lot of people but you surprised me with the news of Jimmy W somehow I missed this. Thats real sad!

Date: April 14, 2013 00:05

incorrect-
Hi, How are you doing today?, Do you have Philadelphia cheese steak sandwiches here? Oh good, what comes on them and what do you suggest? Why are you growling at me, no, I wont go to the back of the line, and yes I can read.... anyway.... I would like one philly cheese sandwiche, now what can I get on it besides cheese? Why are you yelling at me again? Hey, hey, hey..... get your hands off me... wh-wh-whaaaAAAaaahhhhhh!!!! splat

correct-
ONE PROVOLONE WITOUT!!!!

winking smiley

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: April 14, 2013 03:58

Max'sKansasCity
correct-
ONE PROVOLONE WITOUT!!!!winking smiley

WITOUT what?

Date: April 14, 2013 04:19

Max'sKansasCity
incorrect-
Hi, How are you doing today?, Do you have Philadelphia cheese steak sandwiches here? Oh good, what comes on them and what do you suggest? Why are you growling at me, no, I wont go to the back of the line, and yes I can read.... anyway.... I would like one philly cheese sandwiche, now what can I get on it besides cheese? Why are you yelling at me again? Hey, hey, hey..... get your hands off me... wh-wh-whaaaAAAaaahhhhhh!!!! splat

correct-
ONE PROVOLONE WITOUT!!!!

winking smiley

Really Incorrect - Do you guys have a vegan cheesesteak?

Date: April 14, 2013 04:35

Roscoe
Max'sKansasCity
correct-

WITOUT what?
witout fried onions

“One whiz wit” means you want a cheese steak with Cheez Whiz and fried onions.
“One provolone witout” means you want a cheese steak with provolone but without fried onions.

BUT MAINLY!! JUST YELL A LOT!!! WHEN ORDERING AND YOU WILL GET ALONG FINE WITH THEM!!! I guess it is City of Brothery love thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-14 04:36 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: April 14, 2013 04:47

Max'sKansasCity
Roscoe
Max'sKansasCity
correct-

WITOUT what?
witout fried onions

“One provolone witout” means you want a cheese steak with provolone but without fried onions.

BUT MAINLY!! JUST YELL A LOT!!! WHEN ORDERING AND YOU WILL GET ALONG FINE WITH THEM!!! I guess it is City of Brothery love thing.

Man, the only thing Cheeze Whiz is good for is repairing the rubber soles of athletic shoes. Can't imagine actually eating that gruesome stuff. eye popping smiley grinning smiley

Date: April 14, 2013 05:03

Roscoe
Man, the only thing Cheeze Whiz is good for is repairing the rubber soles of athletic shoes. Can't imagine actually eating that gruesome stuff. eye popping smiley grinning smiley

I don't like it most of the time, but it's OK on a cheesesteak, that's about the only place I'll eat it. It goes well believe it or not.

Date: April 14, 2013 05:04

Roscoe
Max'sKansasCity
Roscoe
Max'sKansasCity
correct-

WITOUT what?
witout fried onions

I never understood the cheezwhiz thing NOT THAT I AM JUDGING OR INSULTING ANYONE IN PHILLY OR ANYONE WHO LIKES IT OR ANYTHING!!! I simply think feel that melted provolone is one of the tastiest things ever...... cheez wiz? not so much, but I heard cheezwiz is good to patch tennis shoes with winking smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1503
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home