Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Good Hotels near Hyde Park
Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 12, 2013 14:11

not so expensive, but with good service.

Please send some suggestions!!

Re: Good Hotels near Hyde Park
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 12, 2013 14:26

I always stay at St Ermins when in London, great hotel, close to Hyde Park and not too expensive. [www.sterminshotel.co.uk]

Posted by: josef ()
Date: April 12, 2013 14:31

I booked : Beit Hall, South Kensington, London .
Never been there ...

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: April 12, 2013 14:34

What's your concept of 'near'?
Why would you want to stay near the Park anyway? Just book a decent one within a three mile radius, so that if you miss the last tube you can walk.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 12, 2013 14:45

Limbostone
What's your concept of 'near'?
Why would you want to stay near the Park anyway? Just book a decent one within a three mile radius, so that if you miss the last tube you can walk.

1 - 5 mile close to Hyde Park

Posted by: belld ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:04

Cumberland marble arch.
Thistle marble arch.
Millenium.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:05

Best Western The Cromwell.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: belld ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:06

Or the
St Giles 2.1 miles along Oxford Street. Will be busy with international gathering of stones fans. Reasonable price large tourist hotel.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:19

I am going to be at a place called the Griffin House. Booked on March 13th long before the prices were jacked up.

Posted by: keithnmick ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:23

I booked the Top Kensingston Gardens Hotel (Bayswater) !
not too expensive for London, clean and good service

Posted by: cooheid ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:34

Booked the Grand Plaza across the road from you in Kensington Gardens!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:38

....Savoy .... lovely omelettes

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:41

The Park itself!

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:47

Erik_Snow
I always stay at St Ermins when in London, great hotel, close to Hyde Park and not too expensive. [www.sterminshotel.co.uk]

A little bit too Spartan for my taste...

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:51

Come On
The Park itself!

I reckon i will end up there.drinking smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 12, 2013 16:00

odean73
Come On
The Park itself!

I reckon i will end up there.drinking smiley

Yeah, but this bench is mine...cool smiley

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 12, 2013 16:01

I guarantee you, if you want wild times before and after the gigs with Stones music blaring, get booked into the St Giles. I may have my ashes sprinkled there someday.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 16:12

best not to stay in centre london.

go a few tube stations out and get cheaper, as long as you within walking distance off a tube station.

premier inn does good deals.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 12, 2013 16:33

Thommie
Erik_Snow

Oh, them photos looks cheesy, I agree. Also, it's disappointing that I'm not in any of them; drinking tea and reading the morning paper

BTW - the prices are just the half of what's listed on that website, if ordering through hotelweb.com or the likes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 16:35 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: April 12, 2013 16:50

Erik_Snow
Thommie
Erik_Snow

Oh, them photos looks cheesy, I agree. Also, it's disappointing that I'm not in any of them; drinking tea and reading the morning paper

BTW - the prices are just the half of what's listed on that website, if ordering through hotelweb.com or the likes

No, no. I don't want to be seen as a skin-flint.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: April 12, 2013 16:58

buttons67
best not to stay in centre london.

go a few tube stations out and get cheaper, as long as you within walking distance off a tube station.

premier inn does good deals.

Last tubes tend to run at around 0:30 from inner London. I always find that a bit provincial. Not that I expect the Stones to be on that late, but one would like to have a beer.

Date: April 12, 2013 17:22

The Landmark, Marylebone. Keiths fav apparently. Not cheap but hey why stop now, you have already extended the plastic for the tickets and the transport.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 12, 2013 18:02

Limbostone
... but one would like to have a beer.

...àfter midnight? (even) In London? that'll be a can, then.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 12, 2013 18:04

If the hotel is less than 100 pounds the chance of guests in your room is high, if it is in the city center. If it is less than 50 pounds you are guaranteed there is a rattle as you enter the toilet at night. The cockroaches are rushing as they are leaving your toothbrush. Give them 5-10 seconds as you shake the door, and never keep the bathroom door open, rule number one in cheap hotels. Busy busy busy (I never make my toothbrush avaiolable for these little friends).

London is a nighmare for hotels. I have seen all shows the Stones have played there the past 31 years, and I have stayed in dozens of different hotels, almost never the same. The IBIS Wembley is actually close by tube and train, great, cheap and clean, but try one of the numerous Paddington hotels, they are ok but not great. Also those on the Park and in Lancaster Gate area are ok.

I do still remember staying in the "Royal Ascot" right next to Paddington Station. Just two blocks down actually. Many years ago on the 3 weeks UK travel 1990. It was cheap only 25 pounds but guess why? First of all the cockroaches. They are ok. But when a large bug size my thumb was steering into my face sitting next to me on my pillow at 3am I said ok this is enough... It had more legs than me...

Bjornulf

Date: April 12, 2013 18:11

Agreed 100% BV. Premier Inns, Ibis, even Travelodge are consistent in that they are basic but you know they will be clean and the cost is basically how close you are to centre. Go further out it will be cheaper and if you can share the cost of a taxi back it will be less than the difference in price. There are several big hotels in wembley that won,t be busy so long as there is nothing on in the stadium or arena. Each of these chains have websites easy to navigate. Central London is a joke. Just for touring students who are desperate or corporate rich types.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 12, 2013 18:13

I go to London quite often and I'm always staying in an Ibis hotel.
You know what you're gonna get, clean and not expensive.
Most of the time I stay at Ibis London Excel, but for these Hyde Park concerts that's actually the other side of London (Docklands).
So now I'm staying at Ibis London Earls Court. Never been there, but I'm sure it'll be ok.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 12, 2013 18:29

bv
If the hotel is less than 100 pounds the chance of guests in your room is high, if it is in the city center. If it is less than 50 pounds you are guaranteed there is a rattle as you enter the toilet at night. The cockroaches are rushing as they are leaving your toothbrush. Give them 5-10 seconds as you shake the door, and never keep the bathroom door open, rule number one in cheap hotels. Busy busy busy (I never make my toothbrush avaiolable for these little friends).

London is a nighmare for hotels. I have seen all shows the Stones have played there the past 31 years, and I have stayed in dozens of different hotels, almost never the same. The IBIS Wembley is actually close by tube and train, great, cheap and clean, but try one of the numerous Paddington hotels, they are ok but not great. Also those on the Park and in Lancaster Gate area are ok.

I do still remember staying in the "Royal Ascot" right next to Paddington Station. Just two blocks down actually. Many years ago on the 3 weeks UK travel 1990. It was cheap only 25 pounds but guess why? First of all the cockroaches. They are ok. But when a large bug size my thumb was steering into my face sitting next to me on my pillow at 3am I said ok this is enough... It had more legs than me...

bv.. I rented a basement flat in South Kensington yea I know what ya mean about those cockroaches they're awful things

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 12, 2013 19:05

St. Giles every time for the last 10 years.

sc uk

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 12, 2013 19:12

Shaftesbury Hyde Park International

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: April 12, 2013 19:16

Euro Hotel on the nice and quiet Cartwright Gardens was (still is?) very clean.
Celtic Hotel on Guilford Street (Russell Square) is very clean and less expensive.

These hotels are near Euston Road/StPancras/Kings Cross in a nice area.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 19:17 by Sister Marie.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home